The House

The House

A Chapter by sky

      Tom and his mother must have felt awkward having me and my father sitting in the back seat of their car, because the car ride was silent. Tom looked back at me a few times, but other then that no conversation. My dad looked at me a few times thinking that I was crazy but I didn't care. I started to wonder where Tom lives, he never quite told me.
      "Hey, Tom where do you live?" I said.
      "Well, we are actually traveling to our shore house, its in a small town you probably don't know." He replied.
      Suddenly I felt this tingle, a tingle of fate. I smiled inside and took a breath.
      "Would that small town happen to be Bridge Bay?" I said hopefully.
      "Yeah! I am surprised you know it, it's so small." He said laughing.
      "Well that's actually where me and my dad are heading, I am staying with my aunt all summer." I said.
      "Thats great! I live there and I was visiting family back in Maryland." he said.
      I couldn't believe he lives there. I was in shock actually. I mean, what are the chances of someone you meet at a restruant live in the same small town you are going to. And he happens to ask me to spend the night at his house. I looked up at the stars. I saw the moon fit nicely between the stars and saw the plain dark sky in the background. The stars and moon shine so brightly and then there is just the sky. The sky just sits there, no meaning at all. Sort of like me, I have no meaning. I just sit there, nobody talks to me and it doesn't bother me. I am me and the is all. This moment, this day makes me feel like this is a blessing from God. Its like he is telling me that Tom is trustworthy and he has meaning, he will help me and make me into a better person. I looked at the moon again and thanked God.
      When we arrived at Tom's house I dropped my bags down by the steps. He lived in a very beautiful house. I almost felt jealous, since I live in a normal two story house and he has all of this decor and fancy items. I looked at my father and he was in awe.
      "Here Kira, follow me." Tom said.
      I followed him upstairs, with my dad behind me. He walked through hallways and hallways. I looked back at my dad a few times mouthing the word "wow".
       "Here, you can stay here Kira. And for you Sir there is a room right across." He said.
       "Thank you very much." I said.
       I dropped my bags on the not so coral bed. My dad shut the door and I did the same. I looked at my phone and saw that it was ten o'clock. I was starving. I grabbed a granola bar from my bag and brought it downstairs to eat. I quietly walked down the steps. I saw Tom standing in the living room on his phone. I knocked on the wall.
       "Hey, I dont want to intrude but I am a little hungry and I just wanted to eat this in the kitchen." I said.
       "Kira, come on. You can have more then that. We have food you know." He said.
       "Well, I wasnt sure! And Tom, thank you." I said.
       Tom just blinked at me and walked to the kitchen. He showed me macaroni and cheese and I nodded. He put it in the microwave and set the timer.
       "So, where are you from?" He said.
       "I live in a city in Delaware, nothing much for me." I said.
       "Thats nice. I really never imagined life anywhere else. I know everybody in this town." He said.
       And then I looked up at him. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes. And then the timer went off. He flipped his hair and opened it. He grabbed a spoon and plopped it in. He handed me it and sat down.
       "Why am I here? I mean what stranger just invited me into their house?" I said.
       He laughed and said, "Maybe a guy who wants to get to know you better."
       "Ok, it just surprised me. The hole thing about lying. What does your mom think?" I said.
       He got silent and then spoke.
       "She doesnt really care, about anything I do. My dad left and all she does now is work. She only cares about her money and I hate it." He said.
       "Tom, she is so depressed. She probably loved your father. Your probably underestimating things, she loves you very much. Its just some types of love are harder to see then others." I said.



© 2014 sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014


Author

sky
sky

Writing
The Invite The Invite

A Chapter by sky


So It's True So It's True

A Chapter by sky