Chapter 4 Summer

Chapter 4 Summer

A Chapter by pinkstarpilot

Chapter 4
Scary Movie




    When we got back to Holly’s house, it was just past seven thirty and her parents won’t be in bed until eight-thirty or nine. We don’t need to worry about Jake or his mom, Kelly, or her boyfriend, Ryan. They were usually the ones that supplied the drinks, but left the getting drunk part up to us. Kelly would go back inside and go to bed and Ryan would sit outside with us for a little while.
    I can’t wait until Holly’s mom and grandma go to bed or until Kelly and Ryan get home.
    I call my mom to let her know that I’m staying over night at Holly’s tonight. I don’t need to go home to et a change of clothes. If we’re going to be drinking tonight, chances are I’ll jut pass out in whatever I’m wearing, then sneak home at five a.m. so that I can shower.
    While we wait, we pop a scary movie into the DVD player, after much begging on my part. Holly hates scary movies, even though she’s only scared for one night. I love them for the adrenaline, but honestly I can’t stand them, especially because for the next week, I’m too scared to sleep alone.
    Holly and I were holding one body pillow across our laps, hiding behind it, peaking our heads out just enough to see a part of the screen.
    The music from the computer where her brother is sitting is getting louder and louder until it interrupts our terror and Holly sits up.
    “Conner, would you turn it down?” She demands, but when I look up too, her brother isn’t sitting in the corner at the computer like he had.
    I guess we’d been too distracted by the movie to notice when he’d left.
    “What a dumbass.” Holly says in irritation as she pauses the movie and gets up to shut the computer off.
    I stand up, so scared that I’m almost ready to actually follow her across the living room so I won’t have to sit there by myself.
    Suddenly the living room light goes out and without quite knowing how I got there, I’m standing next to Holly.
    “Arghhh!” Illuminated by the kitchen lighting, a figure pops up from behind the couch with a classic, white hockey mask.
    At that exact moment Holly and I went into a screaming frenzy, grabbing on to each other as if we were afraid we would leave each other. We keep screaming as the person come around the couch.
    “Arghhh!” Another yell comes and arms wrapped around my waist and Holly jumps away shrieking.
    I fight against the hold, screaming harder until I fall to the ground. At the same time I hear laughter and realize that it had been Jake that had grabbed me. He’s standing above me, doubled over, supporting himself on the arm chair, his face red with laughter.
    “F**k, Jake!” I exclaim, flopping back to the ground in relief and trying to catch my breath. “I almost peed my pants.” There are lingering tears in my eyes. It hadn't been so scary that it made me cry, but it was just the way I'd been screaming, sort of like when you laugh to hard.
    “Conner, you a*****e!” Holly shouts, immediately pouncing on her brother’s back.
    He stumbles, but is still laughing as she smacks him in the head.
    I glare up at Jake, who’s trying to hold back his laughter, but keeps snickering as he says, “Sorry, but we couldn’t pass it up.”
    My scowl doesn’t lighten.
    “Aw, c’mon.” He says, looking down at me. “You know it was funny.”
    I give in and smile and even laugh at little. It is funny. If Holly and I ever scared anyone as badly as they’d scared us, we wouldn’t stop laughing for days.
    Jake holds out his hands and pulls me up to my feet without any intention of just helping me. I’ve gotten used to the fact that if it’s him helping me up, I’ll probably be almost yanked off the ground and off of my feet.
    Conner, after taking a beating from his sister, left with Jake, snickering as they went.
    When we calmed down, we finished the movie, practically sitting on top of each other. And when that was over, we went to the bathroom, together. Yes, together. This is basically what it’s like every night that Holly and I watch a scary movie. We have to sit in the bathroom with each other while we shower, brush our teeth and use the bathroom. Of course, with our backs to the person who was doing their business or showering.
    It ends up that there will be no fun night, much to Jake’s disappointment when he pops his head into Holly’s room at midnight and we tell him we’re just to tired. Instead, after I shower and borrow some pajama’s from Holly, we crawl into her bed and knock out, forgetting to be afraid.




© 2010 pinkstarpilot


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter from you. nice read . Keep up.

The spelling of the chapter is incorrect though. I mean that 'summer' is being spelt as 'sumer'

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010


Author

pinkstarpilot
pinkstarpilot

Pearl City, HI



About
i'm a 15 year old living in hawaii. i've been writing since i was 12 but i'm not sure if i've improved much. most of my writing says something about me that almost nobody knows, but you'd probably hav.. more..

Writing