To Bear The Child Of A Married Man

To Bear The Child Of A Married Man

A Poem by Poetic82
"

This is not from personal experiene. I saw a pregnant woman on the street having an emotional conversation with someone and wondered what she might be going through, and this is what evolved.

"

 

"TO BEAR THE CHILD OF A MARRIED MAN"
 
 
I REVELED IN PASSION AND HE PROMISED ME IN TIME.
I FELL IN LOVE WITH A MAN THAT COULD NEVER BE MINE.
I LOVED HIM WHEN POSSIBLE AND HELD ON TIGHT.
UNTIL HE CREPT OUT OF BED AND WOULD GO HOME AT NIGHT.
I SCREAM A LOUD SCREAM AND I CRY ALL I CAN.
BECAUSE I BEAR THE CHILD OF A MARRIED MAN.
HE USED TO SEND FLOWERS AND TAKE ME NICE PLACES.
HE FILLED ME WITH LAUGHTER AND BOUGHT ME FINE LACES.
HE'D SMILE WHEN HE SAW ME AND WOULD HATE TO LEAVE.
IT WAS MORE THAN JUST PERFECT UNTIL HIS CHILD I CONCEIVED.
IT SEEMED THAT HIS FAMILY WAS ALL THAT HAD MATTERED.
IN A FEW SIMPLE WORDS MY BUBBLE WAS SHATTERED.
NO FLOWERS, NO DINNER, I RUINED THE PLAN.
FOR I NOW BEAR THE CHILD OF A MARRIED MAN.
I BEGGED AND I PLEADED AND CRIED PLEASE DON'T GO.
I WENT AND GOT PREGNANT, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW.
HE SAID HE WOULD LEAVE HER, BUT HE HASN'T TRIED.
IT TOOK TIME TO SEE HE WASN'T- NOW I REALIZE.
I THOUGHT TO MYSELF I SHOULD TELL HIS WIFE.
IT ONLY SEEMED FAIR SINCE HE'D RUINED MY LIFE.
I'D CALL THERE AND HANG-UP I JUST COULDN'T SPEAK.
I ATTEMPTED TO VISIT, BUT MY KNEES GREW TOO WEAK.
I WAS SCARED AND ALONE, UNAWARE OF MY ACTIONS.
I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS FATAL ATTRACTION.
I THOUGHT I COULD KILL HIM AND THEN KILL MYSELF.
I COULDN'T HAVE HIM, NOR COULD ANYONE ELSE.
BUT I COULDN'T DO THIS AND SAW THAT IN TIME.
SO AFTER STRONG THINKING THE THOUGHT LEFT MY MIND.
I'VE CALMED NOW YOU SEE, I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN.
YET I STILL BEAR THE CHILD OF A MARRIED MAN...
 

By: Audrey Booth-Edwards

© 2008 Poetic82


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a very exciting though very painful story written with so much passion and anger and hopelessness at life and at men ,they could be cruel ,so wrong the man was,and its right he will never feel the touch of his own child this is a great dilemma,the wife surely dont deserve being hurt ,he has run like i coward ,i think,its you who has all the burden of love lost to bear alone,to raise a child without his father alone ,pretty sad state of affairs,this should not have happened from the start,but the writing is really beautiful ,you have told it in a very nice way ,this is great talent i see here,i really loved it and enjoyed it all...

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a sad, sad p oem, though finely written; your feelings just p our out of the lines, whether true or n ot, they are heartfelt and deep. H ow many women have thought about the p ossibility of it in ad vance, and, or, have g one through the ac tual men tal pain of it all. S o glad the writer didn't hurt the wife th ough, she didn't deserve it . As to the man, he l ost his chance t o f eel l ove from a little being

Such a thought -provoking p ost.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have a friend who went thru this exact situation and she was devastated by his reaction to the pregnancy you have a gift expression

Posted 15 Years Ago


NO FLOWERS, NO DINNER, I RUINED THE PLAN.FOR I NOW BEAR THE CHILD OF A MARRIED. - left out "man" on the end.

IT TOOK TIME TO SEE HE WASN'T NOW I REALIZE. - "now" or "how"?

Twisted poem. What a dilemma. Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! From a perspective only most people can imagine. And, done in a way that leaves you reeling and wondering what is going on here? I speak from a point of view which is not as sexual as others. I hold sex as a sacred thing. But, I can understand how the sacredness of sex can be confused, when one is young, and someone who is supposed to be more mature confuses the younger one. Men are horrible creatures when their lust outweighs their humanity!! All of us have lust, but all of us ALSO have humanity. It makes me sick to think that so many lives are shattered because women, who must bear the children, are abandoned by men who can easily leave if they choose!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thanks for the spell check, I have corrected the spelling, it is now bear. And thanks for the great reviews.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I would seriously seriously hate for that to happen to me on either side (the wife, or the mistress).
I'm pretty sure I would never let that happen because I'd never want to be a man's mistress on the side, but it's still a horrible thing when it happens and people get hurt...

Nicely done, aside from the 'bare' that should be 'bear.

( I also saw it confirmed in Gemmalyn's review).

Posted 15 Years Ago


very Nice, Emotion-filled poem! nice rhyming as well, you definitely captured the scene of the conversation of that pregnant woman that i can almost imagine what your mind have conjured up...

just one little thing though, is it really "BARE the child of a married man?" is the bare thing intentional, or is it "Bear", cause bare means "to reveal" and bear means "to conceive"....

but all in all, this is really good! Salute. :)


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 6, 2008
Last Updated on June 8, 2008

Author

Poetic82
Poetic82

West Covina, CA



About
I am a writer by nature. It flows from me like water. I find that my greatest joy and peace comes from my words and creations. I find wonder in what becomes each time my pen hits the page. I never kn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..