Super Hero short story for pysch class

Super Hero short story for pysch class

A Story by Poetic Beauty
"

I wrote this for my psych class

"

Bette was an average woman who worked hard to support her kids.  She was a dialysis technician that worked long hours.  She loved her job in many ways, but she hated having to spend so much time away from her family.  The part the kept her going was the fact that she was helping someone else, along with making the money she needed to support her family.

                Bette was a beautiful woman who couldn’t see her own beauty.  She had long blond hair that reached almost to her waist and she was nearly five foot ten inches tall.  She had a smile that could bright any room and sparkling sky blue eyes.  Her lips had natural pucker to them and her cheeks had a natural pink tint to them; which allowed her to get away with not wearing blush.

                It was a typical morning for Bette.  The alarm began blaring at five a.m.  Bette carefully slid from the bed for she didn’t want to wake Paul, her boyfriend.  She stumbled in the direction of the shower moving slowly across the hall from her bedroom.  She let the water run for a moment before she stepped in.  She showered quickly and dressed in her scrubs, like she did every work day.  She walked down the hall to her daughter’s bedroom.  Leaning over she gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead before heading down the stairs.  She found her scrunchie on the coffee table and quickly threw her hair up in a ponytail.  She then made her way to the kitchen, poured a to mug of coffee and headed out to the door to another long grueling day.

                Bette’s day at work was the same as usual.  She had the same regular patients that she normally had on Thursdays.  It was easier when they were patients that you already knew for it gave you something to talk about while the dialysis machine was running its cycle.  Bette often wondered what her patients were thinking.  Many of them had a long list of health problems and some were even terminal.  She wondered if there was anything she could do to make their day better or make the process having to be on dialysis and the time they had to spend on the machine, any easier or more comfortable.

                When her day was done, she took the dialysis machine to the room where they cleaned them.  Bette was exhausted from working her fourth twelve-hour day in a row and didn’t see then open bottles of chemicals on the floor, as she was pushing the machine to the back of the room.  The two bottles fell over when the corner to the machine hit it.  Soon the room was filling up with a thick green smoke.  Bette started cough and noticed what had happened.  Before she could get out of the room she passed out crumpling to the floor hitting  frontal lobe of her head.

                When she woke up one of her co-workers was kneeled beside her calling her name and shaking her.

                “Bette, wake Bette.  Please, you have got to wake up.”

                “Candy, I’m awake, you don’t have to worry.” She replied sputtering and coughing choking out the words.

                “I’m glad.  You had me a little worried.”  Candy replied with half smile on her face. “Wow gland I got here when I did.” Candy thought to herself.

                “I’m glad you got here when you did too.  Who know what would have happened if you wouldn’t have found me.”  Bette said with a semi-smile on her face trying to sit up.

© 2010 Poetic Beauty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written story. The story sounds about right for so many. Too much work, too little time for family, and running on empty keeping your fingers crossed that things will work out somehow. Nice piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Lol. Sounds like someone we know:) This could continue on... Good description.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on September 28, 2010

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing