Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Molly

There are two types of people in the world. Those who have the golden life and those whose lives are coated in shades of gray. You don't get to choose which person you are and you can't change it no matter what others say. The golden people get it all while the gray ones work their asses off just to get a taste of that golden lifestyle. They never get anything and end up dying wanting the impossible. 
Me? I'm one of the grays. Parents abandoned me -never came home, lives in an old abandoned warehouse, and a less than minimum wage salary that made me desperate at times.
Right now, I work in a tiny bookstore that can barely make it through the month without a threat to close it down.
I don't have anyone to come home to after work but I'm fine. I live as I want without worry of the judgment of others because who cares? No one notices a gray girl. My life is hard, but it's comfortable.
But even if I say that, I always feel the ugly green monster called Jealousy rear up in me when I see a golden person. I can't help but think, why can't that be me? How come I'm gray and not vibrant and golden like them?
I want to know who decided to make me like this and who decided to make them like that. What makes them so special?
Just because I don't have a car, expensive clothes, or a nice house makes me gray? Even if I wanted to be golden, or rich and famous, or something, it's only a fantasy. It won't change, because the grays stay black , white, and bleak while the goldens stay golden.  
                                                      


© 2013 Molly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting beginning to your story. You ask some intriguing questions. I look forward to reading the rest.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on January 19, 2013
Last Updated on January 19, 2013


Author

Molly
Molly

GA



About
Ah... I'm Molly. The weird, awkward hermit that doesn't like people... Yep. That's me... Alright, I'll be honest... I love Owl City (they are my heart and soul) along with the actual owls :3 Mus.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Molly


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Molly