Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Raiin^^
"

Stephi Smiles

"
Chapter One
Stephi Smiles



It is the city where I find myself safe. It's because of the world's scent that block the flesh and blood that makes me relax. The tinge has left and I am sitting on a public park bench, watching families have quality time together and children play gleefully.

My hands sit on my lap and my back is completely straight that it doesn't press onto the back of the bench. Then I just stare, stare at the people. A woman with dark brown hair pushing her one-year-old baby girl. Then there's the man with a dark blue turtle neck who is holding is son in his arms cheering after the boy kicked the football perfectly across the green land. I then glance around until I spot a boy. He is talking to a younger girl near the monkey bars, head close to hers as he holds her hand. The girl then nods as she bites her lower lip. I smile as the boy helps the young girl up on the monkey bar and holds onto her legs as she moves hesitantly from one bar to the next.

There is then a high-pitch scream and my body stiffens. The boy is now holding the girl securely in his arms as she cries. "It's okay, Stephi," he assures her. "I got you and I promise you that you're okay."

"But I fell," Stephi says, sniffing a few times.

He smiles. "I did too my first time. Do you want to go back to Mommy and Daddy, or do you want to try again?" He runs his fingers through her long, blond hair and stares into her innocent brown eyes.

Stephi thinks shortly and answers, "Let's do it again, Bee O." I suppress a giggle when I hear his name.

"That's it! Now, I'm going to put you back down-"

"No!" She wraps her arms tightly around his neck and hides her face into his chest.

Bee O sighs, placing his cheek onto her head. "Stephi, you do know in order to try again that I have to let you go."

"But Bee O! I don't wanna." Her voice is muffled, but I still could hear every word clearly. "Maybe we should go back to Mommy and Daddy." she offers, looking back up at him.

"Are you sure?" he questions, placing her back onto the ground slowly.

Stephi nods, holding onto his hand. Unsuspectingly, Stephi looks over at me and waves hello. I freeze as the two stare at me. I then force a smile and look away.

"We should say hi," Stephi whispers to Bee O.

"No, it's not safe to talk to strangers."

"But she's only a girl! Plus, she looks like thirteen like you, Bee O!" She then pulls his hand down, making his left side bend lower.

He sighs and says, "Alright, but it's going to be quick, okay?"

"'Kay!" She then pulls Bee O towards my direction. I look up and stare at the clouds as if I didn't hear anything. Stephi then lets go of Bee O's hand and walks up to me. "Hi," she greets softly.

I smile, looking into her dark eyes. They were a darker brown than Bee O's. "Hi." My muscles relax as Stephi sits down next to me.

"Why are you sitting all alone?" she questions, looking at the empty spot next to me.

A sigh escapes my lips. "I came by myself. I'm sure you didn't come by yourself, now did you?"

Stephi beams. "My big brother took me here with my Mommy and Daddy."

"Hi," Bee O then says, making me look up at him. He looks older than thirteen, almost fifteen actually. His jaw is quite squared and his arms and legs aren't too slender. Almost as if he works out daily. His blond hair falls over his face making his eyes blink more than usual.

I catch myself staring and then say, "Hello."

"I'm Caster and this is Stephani." He is stiff, almost careful. His eyes glance from me to Stephi at my side.

"I'm Cathrine, but I prefer to be called Cat." I smile a closed-mouth smile, not wanting to show my teeth.

"Are you thirteen?" Stephi blurts, biting the nail on her pinky. Her voice is much louder than before and more confident.

It is obvious she's trying to prove to Caster that she was correct, that I am his age. I am technically thirteen, the age I died. However, I was going to turn fourteen but three days before my birthday I was then killed. I then look at Stephi and say, "Yes, I'm thirteen."

Stephi smiles big at me. "I knew it." Her smile gave me a tinge, a chill of delight. For the first time ever, blood wasn't the only thing that could give me sensation. Maybe I have a cure.


© 2011 Raiin^^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011


Author

Raiin^^
Raiin^^

In a world...



About
glitter-graphics.com Well hello love! I am going to make this short and sweet :] Call me Raiin, if you please. I enjoy rain! Even if it makes me sick. I write novels and sometimes poems/short stories.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Raiin^^


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Raiin^^