Departure

Departure

A Chapter by quankk
"

The night Clyde and Aurthur ran away together.

"

“Meet at the Stables. Midnight. Urgent.”


Clyde couldn’t get there fast enough. Ever since he’d received the note from his lover, he’d been anxious and fidgety. What could be so important? He’d ended up sneaking out of the house at quarter till, even though it only took a few minutes to cross the small field to the stables.


Aurthur was waiting for him behind the barn-like structure, a cigarette forgotten between his fingers, pacing nervously. When he spotted Clyde in the darkness, he all but ran to him, unconsciously dropping the cigarette and cupping the blonde’s face to kiss him feverishly. Clyde was surprised at the sudden affection, but reacted rather quickly, winding his arms around Aurthur’s middle and closing his eyes. The kiss became more gentle, the men melting into each other, and eventually it was broken, and they rested their foreheads together. Aurthur’s hands slid from Clyde’s flushed face to his shoulders.


“What’s wrong, Aurthur?” Clyde whispered after he regained his breath, staring into the taller’s dark, sapphire orbs.


Aurthur looked confused for a second, before a smile broke out on his face. “Nothing. Nothing’s wrong, my love. But, I have a proposition for you.” His smile grew.


Clyde raised an eyebrow, loosening his hold on the brunette, but keeping his hands at the other’s sides, stroking gently.


‘I…” Aurthur began. He took a deep breath and looked into Clyde’s big, forest green eyes. “I want you to run away with me.”


And at that, those forest green eyes grew wider.


“W.. What?”


“I want you to run away with me, Clyde,” Aurthur repeated gently. “So we can be together.”


“Aurthur…” Clyde mumbled, mulling over the question with furrowed brows. He was going to ask about his family, and their expectations and plans for him, when he realised that it didn’t matter. He could never live up to their goals, and frankly, he didn’t want to. Clyde didn’t want to achieve in things he never found important to gain the acceptance and love of the people around him, he wanted to be accepted just how he was. And Aurthur always had.


“... Alright. We’ll leave tonight, I just need to gather some things.” The blonde stated firmly, matter-of-factly. Over the little bit of time Clyde had spent thinking, Aurthur had become worried. But now his grin was back, lighting up his face as he pulled his lover in for a tight embrace.


“Alright, love. I’ll be waiting right here when you get back.” The taller mumbled into Clyde’s hair.


They separated from each other, and Clyde kissed him one last time, whispering “I love you.” before rushing back to the house to gather some clothes, money, and other belongings. He wrote a note to the only person who understood him in that family; his little sister, Molly. He explained he was going away, that he loved her very much, and that she needn’t worry about him.


When he came back, a suitcase in each hand and a cap on his head, Aurthur was waiting for him like he promised, only now he had an overstuffed duffel bag slung over his shoulder. The lovers grinned at each other and agreed to take Clyde’s motorcar, riding away to god knows where, only ever looking forward.


© 2014 quankk


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter takes the plot ahead, evokes my interest. What else.. the book is good anyway. Waiting for the next chapter

Penny.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014
Tags: Clyde Brashton, Aurthur Smith, runaways, young love, drabble, short story, OC, LGBT, Gay & Lesbian, M/M, late 19th century


Author

quankk
quankk

Bear, DE



About
I just write for fun, & to improve my skill. It's a bit of a way out for me. An escape from the world. I don't know, I just, love words. My stories on here will be short & original (meaning no fanf.. more..

Writing
Runaways Runaways

A Book by quankk


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by quankk