Child security

Child security

A Story by Updates

What threats are kids exposed on nowadays and how to deal with them? This is the main problem of every parent that takes care of his or her children. Today the world is a lot different place from the one twenty years ago. In the next fifteen years it’s going to be different than it is now. The realities of everyday life are constantly changing as well as the worldview of the youngest. Together with the world’s development the specificity of the life looks different from year to year. New technological trends create new lifestyles and they are straight connected with the new trends as well as the threats. As far as the child security is concerned, two main dimensions have to be analyzed to distinguish the most important threats.

Reality

First sphere is the physical security. This type of security is related to the everyday activities like going to school, playing with friends outside the house, doing sports or staying at home. Quite big parental involvement should be performed in order to keep them safe. Services like the life insurance and school insurance are the basics of taking care of the kids in this matter. What parent can do more is to take care that the kid is using the safest way to get to and from the school and hanging out with truth worth people.

Virtuality

Next dimension of safeness of the kids is their psychical health. This is also very important aspect, especially as far as their proper development is concerned. Mental health is very delicate and every damage in this matter may have very dramatic consequences in the future. Also providing the security for mentality is much more difficult. Nowadays, the biggest influence on the children’s psychical health has his environment. As the environment we can take the people around like family and friends, the institutions that the kids are involved in like school, library, sport clubs or the technological environment, I mean, the Internet.

What is the most dangerous threat?

In the opinion of the specialists, the most serious problem regarding the future development of the kids is the proper usage of the Internet network. It may bring a lot of benefits as well as hurt the kid very much. There are plenty of reasons why the children’s activity in the Net should be controlled. First thing is that repeatedly the inappropriate content is aimed at the youngest. Next thing is that sexual offenders use the Net as a tool to create a contact with the potential future victims. It also place where very often, kids are just wasting their time instead of doing the right things.

How to deal with the problem?

Nowadays parents have whole bunch of methods of protecting their kids. There is plenty of software that is able to block websites that contain undesired content, filtering the mailbox and regulate the time span in which kids are able to sit in front of the screen.

About the author
If you are willing to get some extra knowledge about the parental control, feel welcome to visit http://www.pcwebcontrol.com/.

PCWebControl is easy to use, third-party software that is able to perform a lot of useful actions regarding the control over the user’s behaviors. It can be successfully implemented on home PCs, in libraries and private companies.

© 2014 Updates


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014