Sacred Lock of Lips

Sacred Lock of Lips

A Poem by Rasha Lama
"

i'm not into religion but i thought i'd try writing about it

"
	As a kid, I thought first kisses were saved for the wedding day. Once the priest raised his arms towards the heavens, the two would tilt their heads and align their lips like a cross. A simple cross that had the power to unlock the gates of heaven. I do not know when I stopped believing in the sacred lock of lips, maybe when I stopped believing in trusting others with my fate, but I know that what we feel and think as kids are the most honest observations we ever make. Because when I found you, I placed the key protecting my fate in your hands as you leaned in to open the lock. With that oh-so special tilt of a head, you formed the cross I knelt before every night. How many other crosses broke upon your lips did not matter. When our cross formed, the sky broke and thunder went wild within.
	Blood rushed sensing the bruises upon your lips with the crown of thorns suffocating your heart. You must have fallen for the petals but ended up with the natural piercing instinct of the rose. But here under the unity of the cross, heaven opened and eternal glory was granted. Your bruises healed upon the touch of mine. The crown of thrones turned into a crown of jewels with the gold of my love adorned. Against you, I felt naive and helpless like a child. However, in your arms, I was innocent and excited again. There was meaning again to my feelings. There was you within me and that was all that mattered.

© 2015 Rasha Lama


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: religion, poetry, jesus

Author

Rasha Lama
Rasha Lama

United Arab Emirates



About
* all my new and updated creative stuff is on rashalama.tk * more..

Writing
The Bird The Bird

A Story by Rasha Lama


The Shed The Shed

A Story by Rasha Lama