The Shed

The Shed

A Story by Rasha Lama

    We ventured outside the cage they put us in. Crumbling rocks under our toes, we walked upon shriveled roots that once held life. The end of the path revealed a small shed. Soon, we were to house it into our own. With our united efforts, we supported the foundation with promises. Our sight of love painted the walls with sunshine and emotion. Soon, the cracks on the walls left like the ones in your heart. We replaced the roof with one that would not send tears down our home. With this, the roots on the dirt path grew and soon created a forest of arteries and branches leading to the heart of the house.


    In here, nothing could hurt me. Your love and our promises sheltering me from the world, it was bliss. That is until the paint over the cracks started to chip and your heart couldn't take it. Blaming each other for our failed efforts was a norm and soon we would slam doors to break the foundation. The woods withered as the sun hid from our mess. Tears snuck through the roof once more. The crumbling rocks were appearing again. Our house turned dry and rotten with the drought of love. We had to escape. So, you ran through the broken window we never fixed and I escaped to another deserted house. I never understood why we broke what we had to go back to the cage we suffered in. Maybe we just miss the things that hurt us the most. And that's possibly why after you left, I escaped to another dilapidated and deserted shed.

© 2015 Rasha Lama


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015

Author

Rasha Lama
Rasha Lama

United Arab Emirates



About
* all my new and updated creative stuff is on rashalama.tk * more..

Writing
The Bird The Bird

A Story by Rasha Lama