as i grew (inspired by langston hughes)

as i grew (inspired by langston hughes)

A Poem by rayon hawthorne

as i time travel in the mind, it was the timeframe of many moons rising and suns setting that i could remember, dreaming while awake, and darkness while sleeping almost making it impossible to attempt the task to find, find something, find anything, surviving off what was barely considered alive, but still i try, only to believe, i had to see myself, the man in the mirror, that broken image in front of me which would speak to me, nothing more then a requiem to a dream, or those nightmares at least, a seam to sew my life to be, a king befitting for a noble queen, yup as mr. west, these dreams they kept me a night, held me when noone else would, kept me to believe the way i lived was right, upon those four walls of cabin fever, i only knew would i knew to be ignorant, focusing on whats outside of me, because the inside is fearful, organs strained from worldy pains, worldly gains, inherit these things, gotta be a better way, so when im gone, a trace of what i obtained could remain, as he said, i am black, i lie down in the shadow, no longer the light of my dream before me, so this time, i chose to be that dream, i chose to walk that walk, talk that talk, escape that fault, retrace my thoughts, embrace my faults, and turn them, into a reason to live above what i was taught, as i grew i knew, as i knew i flew, and as i flew, i chose to share this with you, as i grew.

© 2009 rayon hawthorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an inspired right. Soaring work. I could hear it as I read the words. Wonderful stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2009

Author

rayon hawthorne
rayon hawthorne

Columbus, OH



About
poetry is what keeps me alive. need i say more? more..

Writing