Sleep

Sleep

A Poem by Rosalyn Marie
"

This literally came to me as I was lying awake in bed one night, at like midnight on a school night none the less. So i wrote it down and revised it i the morning. Now I'm sharing it with you :)

"

Sleep

 

Oh, how I long to slip into the immense nothingness we call sleep,

To revel in the pools of darkness and silence until my aching body is satisfied.

But tonight I lie awake, staring through the dark and out the window.

Into the nighttime world beyond.

 

Stars twinkle like diamonds on the black satin sheet known as the nighttime sky.

The vast darkness engulfs and warms me like a blanket.

The lone ticking of the clock on the wall softly hums a lullaby.

 

I am soon plunging through that black nothingness into sleep, what I so deeply longed for.

I enter a world where our imagination takes over and entrances the resting mind

With wonderful displays that are never to be remembered again,

Called dreams.

 

But soon a white light shines into my closed eyes, and I’m pulled back up

Through the realm of imagination,

And through the seemingly immense darkness,

Until I awaken in a new day.

 

© 2010 Rosalyn Marie


Author's Note

Rosalyn Marie
so when I put this in my poetry book for english I edited the font and found a picture so I figured I should change it on here.. do you like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the descriptions, really lucid, like a dream itself. Altogether really good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ya i changed it to a comma i think i meant to do that but hit the wrong key. good catch alex :) the lines were super long before so i think ill stick with the shorter ones :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


These lines are pretty long as it is. They almost represent that nearly unbearable lapse of time while one lays in bed waiting for the escape of dreams. The language is very profound and elegant. The shorter lines at the end show how too quickly morning comes. This reminds me of a poem by Jong about dreams. From the first to second line, try a comma instead of a period. It will show that those two lines are one thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 3, 2010

Author

Rosalyn Marie
Rosalyn Marie

MA



About
I love reading, writing, and music, but my favorite thing is definately art :D I love love love to read and write though, so that's why I'm on this site :) I'm also in chorus, so that's where the mus.. more..

Writing