Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by realityiscoming

<< Ms. Walker, why are we late again?>>said her boss in a soft tone, Mary turned around silently and looked at her chief who was obviously very amused because she was holding one of her shoes in her hand and probably looking totally deranged at work... again.

She blushed and whispered << I overslept, I'm sorry Mr. Cavanaugh >> The young man gazed at her long and then nodded knowingly and gave her his most beautiful smile and walked away. She thanked God silently for rescuing her again and walked to her work desk and found her friend Mindy smiling at her knowingly, because in the last couple of months it turned Mary's day to day routine. << When are you going to learn that staying late up all night will not help you to work better ?>>Mary just ignored it and started to work.

At the other end of the city, James was laying on his couch and wondering what he should do with his days off. The last years have been hard for him because of his medical study and then he started the practical part and a few months ago and now he is an assistant doctor in Martin-Luther-King Hospital in New York City and he really enjoys it but it is really a lot of work and he sometimes feels like it is not the right thing for him, but well there is no looking back for him anymore even though giving up seems to be the only option he sees- from time to time- especially when James' superiors are being a******s and shouting at people for no reason or are making them feel like worthless piece of s**t, the only thing that keeps him through is just that keeps to start glowing deep inside his soul, deep inside his heart. Hope and the urge to help people and bring back a smile on people's face. He wants to help people, to heal people and to make them feel better again. After his mother painfully died while fighting a brain tumour, he swore himself that he will try everything so other people don't have to go through all of this pain and constantly asking themselves why this is happening and why God decided to take away someone they love so much.

At least that was what he felt, when his beloved mother died surprisingly, of course they all knew it, they all knew that at some point it was going to happen, but still you can not prepare yourself for all the pain, suffering, helplessness and most important the desperate feeling that you want to see the person one more time so you can tell her how much you love her. All the pictures of his childhood are coming back and he felt a glimpse of sadness ,just in this minute he decided to not go there again, because he wanted to feel like it was enough grief, that he's been through. James wanted to laugh about himself, as if you could ever stop grieving enough about a person you love.

He called Steven, one of the other interns, and asked him if he wanted to go to a bar with him. Even though he felt like sleep was the only thing he needed, the young man was too afraid to feel alone in this big city with his family far far away. With this last thought he took of his T-shirt went to the bathroom.


While on the other part of the city Mary was wondering when this day ist going to be over. Recently she was getting exhausted very fast, faster than usual, maybe she was getting sick she thought. Mindy approached her and looked her in this partiuclar way when she wanted to act like her mother and tried to convince her so she could stay home for a bit and relax. If she knew the truth she would be even worse and that is the reason why she never really thought of telling her. The only thing that Mary wanted, is to be treated like everyone else and not like an alien. She wanted to live her life the fullest even if it's not always easy. But well she had to wait til her work is over... in exactly one and a half hour.

So she continued brain storming over the newest haircuts of which are going to be the new style of the fall. Which was harder than yesterdays because she had felt an ache in her hand. She figured that the reason was her fall at the morning. For a blink of the moment

she thought about the guy who seemed to be so nice and then laughed about her. It was really embarrassing for her and she really did think that he was so nice because he looked so sweet with his curly brown hair, tall and his beautiful blue eyes ….. But still an a*****e, she was not looking for a boyfriend or something like that anyway. She was a hopeless romantic and even that changed with through all of her experience and now she had other

and most importantly more difficult problems than boyfriends or love. On the other hand she didn't want to have anymore collateral damage. In the last weeks and months she came to the conclusion that she didn't need anymore problems or difficulties, which for example love would bring with it. Problems would come and hit her off-guard and totally unexpected and she simply wasn't ready enough for anything like that.

She looked at the clocked which showed her that she was done for today but hasn't accomplished anything. So the young promised herself that she would use her week of to write this article and and switched her computer off.

The two friends walked out of the building and arranged to meet later, because both of them wanted to go clubbing.



© 2015 realityiscoming


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015


Author

realityiscoming
realityiscoming

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany



About
I love reading, writing and listening to music. I had a hard past and the moment I found writing as a way of processing things I found myself a little bit happier. I never showed anybody so my first s.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by realityiscoming