Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Prologue-Adventures Of Glass

The Prologue-Adventures Of Glass

A Chapter by Delancey M.
"

Descriptive prologue on the transformation of human to werewolf, of Daniel D'Amico.

"

Prologue



It was the moon he longed for. But in the cold basement of the run down cafe-diner, there was no moon to look at. There was nothing. And there was no one. No one to hear him scream.


It had been several years since he had moved into the upstairs apartment of the cafe, and yet, every time he went down to the basement that one time a month, it never seemed to get any easier. The memories of how it started burning fresh several days out of the month.


His 'time of the month' meant curling up in the basement and locking the door. To prevent himself from snapping out of his peaceful state of mind, and fearing he might kill someone.


Tonight was no different.


He could feel it. His heart shrinking. He gripped his chest in some futile attempt to catalyze the pain, to stop the blood flow, like sucking on the blood of an injured finger. His hands clutched his chest, not as one would when fearing something so terrible, but as one might if they genuinely felt the need to hold their heart in their own hands, to stop it from beating, just to stop the pain of it shrinking.In order for the heart to shrink however.. it must first stop. In none so many words... heart attack of all heart attacks, breathless, the amount of time he endures this pain, is relative to how much pain he can take. He has to die. But because he is an otherwise healthy young man, he lasts far longer through the ordeal, than he would wish.


And so his heart stopped, but he did not, some supernatural force kept him alive, something kept him going.


Unfortunately, the heart isn't the only thing that shrinks. Several other organs are doing virtually the same thing at the same time. And face it. Suffering total organ failure and surviving it isnt any one's idea of a fun night out.


If he had been a human still undergoing such changes, he would not have survived, he would have died about thirty seconds in. but not him. no. he had to endure this for about ten minutes. And ten minutes pass slowly, when each breath or moment feels like your very last, and you fight simply to exist after you can no longer breath...


Which was his case. He could in fact, no longer breath. Which meant, he also could not scream. Some would theorize that because the were wolf stops screaming during transformation, it is because they are passed the part with all the pain. Their not.


He stops screaming not because the pain has dulled, but because his throat and vocal chords are tearing and reforming. He couldn't scream let alone whisper if he wanted.


The pituitary gland should be working, sending his body endorphins to ease some of the pain, but it wont, because like everything else in his body, its shut down.


This thing was truly a curse. It would keep him alive, a wretched half human, half wolverine creature, crying pitifully at the moon every month, as if begging to be set free. Because no matter what he goes through.. it forces him survive through hell, torture and torment of body and soul every month.


And why? Because some dog couldn't keep his teeth and claws to himself? Unfair. But as a curse, it is perfect. It keeps them alive and conscious, aware of every changing moment, then waking later with no idea what they've done. These things don't just become. They are made. But would God really do this? Or was this the devil's idea of a joke? Or was it just some creature that had always been there before mankind? Waiting in the darkness of the night, waiting for moonlight?


The most perfect curse.




© 2010 Delancey M.


Author's Note

Delancey M.
its not meant to be taken seriously. not yet. the whole story it self isnt made to be taken seriously.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

Delancey M.
Delancey M.

MA



About
Not much to say, but perhaps thats just my opinion and not truly a fact. I have a tendency towards dark humor, and sometimes it splits off freakishly to one or the other sides of that. humor or dark.... more..

Writing