Chapter Two- Adventures Of Glass

Chapter Two- Adventures Of Glass

A Chapter by Delancey M.

Chapter Two



Daniel D'Amico felt like a character in one of those old Greek tragedies. Like Julius Caesar, stabbed to death, betrayed by those he thought were his friends.


In fact now, as he lay on the cement floor of the diner's basement, he could feel still the stabbing feeling as his heart grew back , and began beating again. He felt as though he should have been hooked up to a machine, listening to his own pulse. Listening to it go from flat lining, to beating strong again, but here and there it skipped a beat. But he could hear it just fine without a machine. His hearing was still so sharp from his transformation, and his senses could take a day or so to wear off.


He felt his way around the room, perfectly able to see in the dark, unlit room, with his keen eyes of a wolf still watching wearily, but he dared not open them to see the damage to the room he had done this time.


By the time he reached the door, he found the key over the doorway where locked himself, his wolf form not smart enough to unlock a door. His wolf form was nothing more than a raging monster, fully intent on killing everything in its path, as if killing something, innocent or guilty could make the pain go away.


Danny unlocked the door, and dragged himself up the stairs, half rotted, and into the cafe. For some reason, he hadn't thought of the place being open at this hour. Mostly because he had no idea what hour it was.


As he dragged his miserable, poorly clothed half alive looking form up the stairs, his body was still adjusting to his human organs again. He was unable to speak, and all he wanted was his bed. He was mostly harmless, but new, for the rest of the day, he would slowly be changing back to being human. Fully human. Or .. in any way. Human. He sometimes he worried he wasn't at all any more remotely human.


Upstairs, Graham had taken to looking in turn at each customer that came in. then he saw her. The most beautiful woman on earth. That was his opinion any how. She wasn't in any way like the other customers who were just there for breakfast.


Her hair was bright blue, it such an unnatural shade that was done so perfectly, for a few moments he thought she had one a wig. But he could tell she did not. Her skin was pale, and a few freckles had crept their way onto her cheeks, and she sat in a back booth, in her green vinyl jacket with fake fur trim, reading a book. The book itself was in his mind, of little consequence. He had only at the time care about her.


He could see in his mind, just by looking at her the future he could have with her. Maybe in a few moments, when she was ready to order, he could ask her out.. no.. not maybe. He was decided. He would do it. Would it be a whisper type hint? A handshake? Or something more personal? Like a name on the napkin.. no that wasn't enough to show he really liked her.


But their were repercussions to dating. Which is why he never did it. He couldn't commit. It wasn't that he was afraid of having a relationship, or getting married, which scared the hell out of him, it was however, the fact that he knew a break up was always a possibility, and he didn't want to go through that emotional hell ever again. He remembered how he had felt when his last girl friend had broke it off because she had thought his proposal was too soon.


For days after the break up, he had seen her entering the cafe, sitting there, eating breakfast, sipping her pretentious mocha latte. At first he had sat their, missing her. Everything about her. The way he had woken up to her with that god awful green s**t all over her face. The way she had yelled at him about snoring. The way she'd smacked him for his inappropriate behavior at the dinner party the night they met.. so he'd proposed... after only a day of knowing her. Well two technically. They'd slept together on the first date.. and after that, slept in the same bed for the night. She'd threatened to kill him in the morning, saying it had been the biggest mistake of her life.


Needless to say, after a while he'd realized he really hated her, and had taken to spitting in her mocha latte.




© 2010 Delancey M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

Delancey M.
Delancey M.

MA



About
Not much to say, but perhaps thats just my opinion and not truly a fact. I have a tendency towards dark humor, and sometimes it splits off freakishly to one or the other sides of that. humor or dark.... more..

Writing