The Town of Avodroc

The Town of Avodroc

A Chapter by Rhemaebel

Dear Emily, 
I'm sorry...

-Kyle

Emily read the first line of Kyle's letter for her. She read it thousands of times and could memorize it by heart. She was caressing the very end of the letter his name hand written without a doubt in manly strokes similar to his character.

She closed her eyes trying to push back the tears, her heart compressed with emotions and painful memories. She gently hid the letter in her bag. She pulled out her iPhone and played with the charm attached to it. She was sitting in the train for nearly two hours now and as she looked out of the window there in sight, the town of Avodroc.

"I'm almost there. Wish me luck" she kissed her cellphone charm and stood as the train came to a stop.

She came out of the train pulling her trolley people were turning there heads as she walked by, who wouldn't? In a small town like Avodroc you don't see people wearing high heeled Gucci boots, matched with a white turtle neck long sleeved top and black leather mini skirt. A city girl definitely stands out.

Hesitantly she sat down on a public bench and she dialed her uncles number,

"No reception!" She exclaimed. "Should've known" she checked the time once more, she was 30 minutes early for her uncle to pick her up. Well she wasn't about to sit down and wait for another 30 minutes. Impatient as she was she decided to walk to her Aunt's House.

She was tired of waiting, crying and being alone when will it all stop. It's been two years since IT happened. She shook her head trying not to remember, she focused on counting her foot steps one, two, and three... And she came to the 14th step she paused and took a deep breath April 14th, she remembered the date the tragic moment. Once more she shook her head and took a deep breath, this time she held her head up.

The small town of Avodroc has indeed changed as she gaze upon building to building, she was very little the last time she visited, her parents used to drag her along shopping down Jane street with all the lovely dress shops. She used to play in the park with the little kids, she wondered what happened to them, and they've probably changed the same way the town has. There were numerous of new shop. 

She watched them as she went along her way hoping of course that she wasn't lost. She stopped when she saw her Uncle's newly renovated shop indeed it has changed. From the paintings, the roof, front door and then something caught her eye there it was on the middle of the toy shop among the teddy bears. The Binoculars.



© 2013 Rhemaebel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 7, 2013
Tags: The Bleeding Heart Pigeon Chapte


Author

Rhemaebel
Rhemaebel

Philippines



About
I'm an amateur writer who dreams to become a big shot novelist and get my works published. A dream I hope with much effort can come true. I mostly write short stories and currently working on 2 novels.. more..

Writing
Starry Sky Starry Sky

A Story by Rhemaebel