Fate of DOOM

Fate of DOOM

A Story by Rin
"

FCATs ew...

"

 

I sit in the chair of doom; all the other Harrison students face the same fate as me. I look down at the paper on the table in front of me. "Its okay" I tell myself "I'll ace this test". I stare at the test of doom, the one who will choose my fate, to go to hell or ace myself into heaven. "Start," I hear a voice say. I open the booklet and grip my lucky pencil tightly. I begin to read the story. "Oh god, I don't have a clue what it's talking about," I say to myself. "I'll just guess for now," I read the second story and the third and start to move my way forward quickly. "Maybe I will ace this test, it's not that hard," I whisper with a smile. Suddenly, that's when it happens; my worst nightmares begin to happen. It's the rumbles of an earthquake. My eyes widen "oh no, I knew I should have eaten that banana muffin, even if it did taste like plastic." The rumbles grow even more loudly, I can feel the student's eyes staring at me and laughing. No! My concentration has been broken, the stories are going everywhere, I begin to rush and guess every question. My face is hot with embarrassment. The rumbles won't stop; I try to tighten my stomach muscles as I curl myself into a ball. "Finally," I say to myself after the rumbles stop. I breathe in deeply as the voice says "only ten minutes remaining." I gasp "TEN minutes? I have tree more stories to read." Then it hits me "Oh no, I forgot to follow my helping tips," my eyes widen once more "No, I didn't even read as much as I should have this year, I've become lazy." I skim through the last three stories and rush through the last questions. "Time to put your booklets away," I hear from the voice, only one minute after I finished. "All well, I guess I have learned my lesson," I peal the pencil off of my hand. My armpits are dripping with sweat and my brain is throbbing from all the tension. No one really noticed my stomach was growling, except for a couple of people. I sigh with relief one I remember I have next year to try to make it to heaven. Next time I'll ace it…

© 2008 Rin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"My armpits are dripping with sweat" LMAO that was the funniest thing.... and why was the girl taking a test to get into heaven? You left a lot of things open but it was still a great story :) Start reading more to get your vocabulary up to a good thing or however you want to put it but still a great story

-Aaron

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 14, 2008

Author

Rin
Rin

About
I love to write just as much as I love to do visual arts. For a while I used to think I didn�t have a talent in writing, but after doing so many pieces I found out that I love to do it j.. more..

Writing
Time is Selfish Time is Selfish

A Poem by Rin


Burning Perfection Burning Perfection

A Story by Rin


Nothing Nothing

A Story by Rin