Valen: Chapter 4

Valen: Chapter 4

A Chapter by RJ Snow
"

Camden Butcher strikes again.

"

Four

Liam

On Wednesday morning, I received a call at home regarding another murder, which was possibly committed by the Camden Butcher. I met Ivan at the scene where the body had been discovered. The killer dumped the body in an abandoned warehouse located in a secluded area downtown. 

"Status?" I asked Ivan once I arrived at the scene.

"Female between the ages of twenty to twenty-four. The medical examiner says she's been dead about forty-eight hours," he answered.

"Same M.O.?" 

Ivan nodded. "Yep. She was stabbed forty times. He's escalating."

"Damn! This guy can't be perfect. He's bound to make a mistake. They always make a mistake. We're missing something Ivan." 

I went over the crime scene again and again. I studied every part �" the body, and the surrounding area. I'm sure the CSU guys were getting agitated that I was going behind them as if they weren't doing their jobs properly, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough. Plus, I just wanted to be sure, for myself, that something wasn't being missed.

You would think it would get easier each time, but it doesn't. If anything, it gets harder and harder with each murder, each innocent life taken. I'll never fathom what makes a person kill another. The truly sad fact is - humans kill more of their own species than that of any species on earth. We're supposed to be the compassionate, mature, caring species. The ones who understand, empathize, and the ones who forgive. Instead, our world is filled with mental sickness, and with hatred. So much hatred. In my opinion most hate, if not taught, transpires from being afraid of the unknown.

Ivan and I went back to the station to do more brainstorming. We laid all three and a half murder files out on a table next to our desks, and began going back through every aspect as if with a fine toothcomb for the hundredth time. I just know that we're missing a very important piece of the puzzle. 

"What do all of the girls have in common?" I asked, thinking out loud.

Ivan looked at the list we had made so far. "They're all prostitutes, they're all brunettes, and they're between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-five."

I shook my head. "There's got to be something else."

"Well, we know they didn't work the same area," Ivan added.

Then it suddenly hit me. "That's it!

"What's it?"

"What if they didn't just walk the streets? Some prostitutes these days find their customers in bars, clubs, or online so they can be more discreet. We need to find out if these girls went to the same bar or browsed the same sites." I turned to Ivan. "Can you start making calls to the families and friends of the first three victims while I go speak with the M.E. to see if anyone has identified our latest victim yet?"

"You got it," Ivan said just before I walked out of the room.


Copyright © 2016, R.J. Snow



© 2016 RJ Snow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on October 2, 2016
Last Updated on October 2, 2016


Author

RJ Snow
RJ Snow

VA



About
Hello! I'm a self-published NA/YA paranormal romance writer who dreams of writing for long hours on a daily basis. My head is full of stories that are dying to get out. I currently have 3 books comple.. more..

Writing
Valen: Chapter 1 Valen: Chapter 1

A Chapter by RJ Snow


Valen: Chapter 2 Valen: Chapter 2

A Chapter by RJ Snow


Valen: Chapter 3 Valen: Chapter 3

A Chapter by RJ Snow