Take this

Take this

A Poem by ron

Take this

 

 

 

Bound to the wall,

put down and forgotten.

 

Does my heart not beat hard enough,

does my life not matter?

 

Would you ask that I crawl on the floor,

and beg for more?

 

To be less then I am,

and look up to you as you feed me last weeks leftovers?

 

Or am I human, man or woman,

yes I am.

 

I will stand next to you,

if you accept that I am who I am.

 

Let no man or woman put down another,

for when we divide those we think are beneath us.

 

Then we are slaves to those who we crush under our feet.

 

Do not be the task master who cracks the whip,

be the one that holds everyone up for who they are.

 

Embrace the ones that bring us forward,

and make us more human.

 

Let the differences in all of us be rejoiced,

calibrate who we are.

 

Make each day a day to thank each other,

for being different then we are.

© 2014 ron


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am honored to read this poem Ron - again, my favorite type of poem from your pen! I enjoy them all, but when you speak of mankind, humanity, how we should treat one another, I feel you have given your words an extra heaping of understanding and encouragement with advice to others that is wise, and helpful. My favorite lines are.........."Let the differences in all of us be rejoiced, calibrate who we are" as these words speak volumes of how we are wise to take a look within and know who we are, and who we are capable of being!
A wonderful write Ron!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sheila. I hope that we (as a people) may see this in others and others see this in us.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this poem Ron.
A lot of people need to read this poem. It is the truth written into words I could not have said better than you sure have. There are a lot of people that think that they are better. It irks my nerves so bad. I dislike those type of people too. Life is not fair but it rolls on.
"I will stand next to you,

if you accept that I am who I am." ---I see these lines as not wanting to stand around a certain person or even people until they accept you for who you are. That is maybe how you intentionally wrote these lines too. I just interpreted that way. Poetry can be interpreted in various ways though.

"To be less then I am, (minor error here: 'then' should be "than" since you are using a comparison)

and look up to you as you feed me last weeks leftovers?"


"Make each day a day to thank each other,

for being different than we are." my favorite stanza and lines out of the whole poem.

Outstanding job overall, Ron.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I try to be at times! :)
ron

9 Years Ago

You are a creature of God. May your dreams be fulfilled and your heart full. :)
Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

9 Years Ago

Thank you :) the same for you is wished.
we are all born equal, some of us thrive better than others, but isn't that the nature of all life?
I think it is good to be humble and help those along the path who are struggling a bit..

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

So very very true.
Oh this is very different from what I normally read you but nonetheless I love it. The world is full of a variety of people, some are the same, some are different. None the same.

I loved this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sye. Yes we all are.
An interesting pen my dear.The world is made up of all kinds.Some people who are the same and some very different.It is wrong to judge some one because they are different or want different things than yourself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ron

10 Years Ago

Thank you Vidya. So very true.
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2014
Last Updated on May 7, 2014

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Guardian Guardian

A Poem by Rita L. Sev


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil