Instructions

Instructions

A Poem by ron

Instructions

 



So I got something I am supposed to put together, a set of metal shelves…

-sighs-.

So the instructions are in some language that not even the Military could decipher.

 

So as far as I know…

Slot “A” should be inserted into peg “C”…

Wait how can you fit a slot into a peg?...Get a hammer, now I got it.

 

So slot “A” is bent, twisted, and soldered into peg “C”. YAAA!!! I’m making head way…(no that’s not a sexual position…Is it?)

Now take some nuts (no laughing that’s what it says) and put them in a bowl of cherries…

Oh the cherries are a lubricant…-smiling- I’m getting good at this.

 

Now attach the screws (stop laughing) and slide them into the holes (I said stop laughing this is very serious work I’m doing) "smiling-.

Lubricate with the cherry nuts…(ok if you’re not going to be adult about this you can leave).

 

Now with you rubber mallet (that’s not a sex toy) hit the screws so they twists over the nuts counter clock-wise (stop laughing) …I guess only in the U.S. its righty tighty lefty loosey.

Now take a break…oh this came from France J

 

Now after the break have a glass of wine…(that makes sense to me)…wine break…

“Why doesn't anyone love me boohoo”

 

OK wine break over.

 

Now reinsert pegs “B, A, D, and B” into…(wait so I have two “B” pegs?) "Sighs-

slot “A” and remove peg “C”…(Don’t ask but somehow it makes sense).

 

Now tilt at a 93.5867 degree…(are you freaking kidding me)?

I’ll just plum the damned thing…(knock on the door, it’s the French Embassy they want their shelves back).

 

-Sighs- I should have just gone through political channels it would have been easier.

© 2014 ron


Author's Note

ron
For anyone who has had to put anything together using instructions.
Update...I put the shelves together with a few extra nuts and bolts left over.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well thankfully I am not the only one who read this and made it sound MEGA dirty... You did write it after all. I guess I know where your head is!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was very humorous. Personally, I get the feeling you've expressed in this prose. It's completely spot on. I like the conversational way of your work, here. It's wonderful. :]

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you. The conversation just seems normal to me, it how I think when I write sometimes.
BThomvanWart

9 Years Ago

And there's nothing wrong with that. If it makes sense to you, then that's really all that matters.
This was funny but I don't think it's poetry. It's a very good essay piece. We've all struggled with flat packs.
Your grasp of making something mundane into something special AND getting a smile , is excellent.
I especially like authors like you. New, inventive, funny.
A really great piece of writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I wasnt sure what this was but thanks to you I know, thank you.
MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

I'm just waiting to read more.
This was really funny and creative. The things people think of and can turn into something out of the ordinary :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you Renee. Its not my normal stuff, but I had fun with it.
A wit of a wit of a write here...
instructions are only as good as they seems to be...
putting things together is a rather complex thing...
yet the direction say it easy...

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you Glen.
Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

you;re welcome...
I'll have whatever you're having ron....LOL

'that's not a sex toy'....who says? ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

You are sadistic Frieda :)
May I have some more please?
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Only if you can follow 'instructions'....haha
ron

9 Years Ago

Lol...I put the shelves together :)
Thanks for the laughs and laughter...Bravo...................

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome Sami. I am glad I could bring a smile to your face :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)..........................
now, this was funny! Thank you so much for the laugh:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome April :)
I can relate to this one! I helped my daughter assemble an Ikea kitchen cart. It had about 837 - 2 1/2" long Allan head screws that had to be screwed by hand with a tiny Allan key, into tiny pilot holes. My thumb and fingers were worn raw tightening all of them. When we finished I found a small plastic piece in the box. I looked all over the cart to decipher where it might belong. Finally I consulted the instructions. I discovered the plastic piece was a little handle for the Allan key, to cushion the thumb and forefingers!


Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

LOL That's helaerious.
Hahaha Omg you have floored me with this one.I don't follow instructions too good so there is that.Hilarious pen Red :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you Vidya. They can be hard to follow.
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You are welcome hunny :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 7, 2014
Last Updated on July 8, 2014

Author

ron
ron

Imperial, CA



About
I have been writing on and off or more years than i care to remember. I started writing poetry, than i started a novel (still in the works), now I'm writing a six part short story erotic.. more..

Writing
Fangs. Fangs.

A Poem by ron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..