UNBLOCKED

UNBLOCKED

A Poem by poetry-kiddo alienbaba
"

I wish you could know me better

"

© 2013 poetry-kiddo alienbaba


Author's Note

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
Aint a nice feelin to be unceremoniously "blocked"

Shud I shut my trap and move on?

Or should I worry about them when I'm gone?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Who would block you, brother? What would they do that for?
If unintentionally I should do it I would worry, I would definitely weep.
If I pressed the wrong button and the world blew up,
I would take up biting my fingernails and what's more
I would seriously lose a lot of sleep
For you can't unblock an atomic war.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Richard Man

11 Years Ago

My internet went down, I quickly saved a message I was typing to you and clicked cut. And then when .. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Peace and Respect!
I am floored by your great review and though-sharing!
It's just that .. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Here I am again
boomed back into this existence
smiling at their juvenile resistance::).. read more



Reviews

Dear Alienbaba

Without wishing to build my part up, by anyone assuming that my opinion matters and if it does, it matters more than anyone else's, or seeking to build your part up up anymore than anyone else's when I review, (apologies for what I am about to say in advance) but you must be one of the most gentle and caring of the people with whom we share this site and whose presence and words, in my view should be highly regarded by all.

You review with tenderness. You lend the benefit of your own beliefs and their positives and share with us the beauty of your own sole in your writing.

There I've said it!

As for this piece?

I love its synchronicity. You start blocked and by saying what you say you become unblocked. You spit it out, make your point and then leave us all pondering.

The art of the good writer, I believe in my humble opinion, is to make us think and relate.

That is what you have just achieved here with me.

Your piece and your author's note go together.

The answers to your questions?

1) "Shud I shut my trap and move on?" (by the way it should be spelt 'should' - ever the grammarian, with a smile). Please never do that. Never ever. Stay and make your point, even if only for me.

But it must apply to us all. As writers we have much to say.

The problem with life, is that living gets in the way. And with all due respect to our colleagues on here, time is so short.

If I am able to review frequently and long, it is because I have the benefit of having retired really early from the life of business and can return to my first love, that of writing.

The sorrow of course, but isn't everything a double-edged sword, is that my early retirement is the result of illness - bipolar disorder for me. A curse one might think but with huge blessings.

Even then, I would love to review every piece on this site, but I too am limited by a severely constricting 24 hour day and the need to eat and sleep.I have 100+ read requests. I would love to honour them all. Why?

Because I care. I deeply care about other people, their writing , their lives and the way in which they view them and how they express their experience of life.

'I CARE' are the most important words in my vocabulary.

2) Dear friend. 'Or should I worry about them when I am gone?' Given the level of your caring spirit, I assure you, you would worry about people, whether you stay or go, live or even in an after life. Please keep on worrying and caring, but in the interests of us all, please stay here and alive as long as in your words the 'Mother permits.'

I see the completely selfless in you. Whilst you accept being blocked, you do not wish your thinking to be blocked. And you wish to make us all smile in your own way.

It is sad that often in life, that gifts given are often not returned. But sins committed are returned with greater force.It is true that if you smile, the world smiles with you, whilst converse holds true.

Please stay, even if I have to strangle you to get you to (cough!). I like to be self-contradictory! My spirit is as free as yours.

You may be a sting broken bee, but maybe the breaking is the making of you (of us all) and confers on you a wisdom that others who have not suffered do not share.

Your definition of blocking on here may be general or specific to one event. But whatever it is, wise words I once wa taught, I would ask you to listen to, even if drawn from a film:

"Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Keep on sharing your love of life, your free benign and loving, caring words with us all.

Whatever the sort of blocking you are referring to, you really aren't.

I love this piece and its thought provoking brevity.

But then I like you.

With my kindest regards as ever

James

PS I get to know and appreciate you better every day!



Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Dear James...I marvel at the sincerity and frankness of your reviews..the time taken to write is ver.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
gcp
:) Smiles is good

I like the crazy colors -

sting broken honey bee - awww poor bee...


Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

had to make it different to get your attention..
and a honeybee is cute...now that u mention... read more
gcp

11 Years Ago

yeah - honey bee is cute - big furry a*s ;)

Bright colors do get attention ;)
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

:)
honey bees are the reason why the earth is alive...
really...
hey i love flo.. read more
Being blocked is a true pain. I, however, haven't truly had the expericence of being blocked by someone, but I know people who have, and they get truly annoyed with it, and I would too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

thx Rose its good too have you understand...
drob by at our cafe sometimes
http://www.wr.. read more
Rose

11 Years Ago

Welcomes, and I'll try. :3
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

sure
Sorry you were blocked, this has recently happened to me. Remember it's their issues not yours, just keep writing and smiling, moving on. No sense in dwelling over them, they're not worth your tissues, my friend! I have no idea who'd do that to you, but their loss! Pen on :) - 100 to 100!

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

yes....after burstin my bladder....u say take crae..o yeh...LMBO
ms. barrie

11 Years Ago

no, please do not burst your bladder! that would not be good. lol silly! ((hugs)) going to hopefully.. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

sleepless dream wud be bettr
sorry you were unceremoniously blocked...and you will have other worries when your gone..like which castle should you live in,should you bring $2000 spending money or maybe $4000,it is only money and oh ya which car to drive?so much more to worry about when your gone...*)thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

wow...thx amazing and terrfying
Holly Mason

11 Years Ago

well I have also posted my real name and photo but this is my first social site ever probably not th.. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

DONT worry...write-on shine-on
LOVE this!!!!! You make me smile, which is hard to do today:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

smileon
When someone deletes/ blocks me I look at it this way "Whoopee! That's one less idiot I have to be civil to now!" So be thankful when someone decides to block you, it's their loss not yours. Shine on my friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Ah!
I'm touched
Thanks so much again.
Charms

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. :D *Respect* Someone told me that one of the reasons why people hate you is coz they.. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

:)
Yes how it stings to be blocked, not a nice feeling. Best thing to do is just let it go and move on, people are people and you will never figure everyone out.

Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

yes...lol ...wrote this a while ago and the moment has passed and the atmosphere is at ease again. t.. read more
Carolann Dowsett

11 Years Ago

Peaceful is always nice, I'm glad you have your peace again :)
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

yess
Very cool piece. And who knows why people do what they do. Sometimes it's irrational, and we're better off not trying to understand because it will just drive us mad. But the broken winged bird/ still sings from its perch, and it's a good thing, no?...

Also like what you wrote below the title: " I wish you could know me better." It's amazing how much perception changes once they sit across from you, then hear you speak ....

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Fabulous review! Thank you Diego!
You are right!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1267 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 22, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: unblocked blocked

Author

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

Shambala, North



About
whatsapp +91-9970061060 a faster way to reachout... This one is Alienbaba Rockstarmono Poetry-kiddo This one belongs to you and you are free to belong to anyone you please. This one resides in the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Journey Journey

A Poem by MOON


Mind Mind

A Poem by zainul





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114