It's a Small World After All

It's a Small World After All

A Story by Roy Wang
"

My first short story (June 5, 2011)

"
Two gunshots fire.
 
No one seems to hear it.
 
Everyone else is asleep in the house. My dream cloud has dissipated and I look into the direction of where it faded, trying to recollect my thoughts.
 
Thinking that the echo of a bullet was part of my dream, I turn my body to my window and open the blinds to try and count the stars or see the moon as an attempt to try and let myself be engulfed by the imminent darkness.
 
I open the blinds and there it is.
A dark shadowy figure lying on the pavement, with a black pool beneath him, gradually expanding.
Almost immediately, my heart jumps at the sight of it. My soul starts to choke. My eyes open wide. Speechless, stunned, mortified. But in the midst of my internal panic, I just lay there too, motionless. I wanted to cry for help but what could I do? My body would not move and my mouth would not speak.
 
I wanted to scream or at least forget that I ever saw a thing. With all my strength, I calmed my silent panic just enough to turn over and close my eyes again to try and force myself to fall asleep.
Just before my eye lids shut, I caught a glimpse of the red glow from my alarm clock.
Sunday June 5, 2011; 1:43AM.

© 2013 Roy Wang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013
Tags: short story, blood, dream, detail

Author

Roy Wang
Roy Wang

TX



About
I am an 18 year old college student that writes on impulse. I would love to find a suitable publisher for my short stories and poems, one that doesn't force me to drop out of school. Sometimes, I like.. more..

Writing
3:42 AM 3:42 AM

A Poem by Roy Wang


Candid Candid

A Poem by Roy Wang


Hydra Hydra

A Poem by Roy Wang