Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ruby Moon
"

A brief introduction to the story... I guess

"

                If there was one thing among everything that I hate the most, even when I was still alive, it has to be crowds... They made me feel cornered and trapped, without room to manoeuvre. The feeling has only strengthened after I was... to put it delicately, changed. Even though I had to go out every night to hunt, it was not something I relish. The heighten senses of being a vampire just made it harder. The stench of so many people; their synthetic fragrances; the body heat; the meaningless noise they call conversations; and all the other things just grates on my nerves. I feel like I want to rip all of their throats out. Self-centred, that just what they are. Never had any love for them when I was one of them... and I will not start now.

 

The countryside... the countryside is much better. Most of them are still good in the core, looking out for one another. Not to mention the clincher for me, the scenery. I love the wide open spaces; the wild, deep and mysterious forest; the deep rivers, lakes and oceans... There are not any words to describe them, nor the deep sorrow I feel when I see these places become scarcer and scarcer. The humans encroaching on nature, seeking to tame what was once wild. Centuries upon centuries I see it slowly happening. Even when I keep moving from one place to the other as so not to feed in one area too long, I see it... nature slowing being pushed to one side. Once beautiful places being twisted and manipulated into another sad, mislead triumph for the human kind.

 

For a long time I was thankful that such destructive creatures was confined to one planet. A planet far from any others, for I was sure that they would only destroy the other planets as well... not learning from their mistakes. I have seen the cycles of war and destruction.  Why would they be any different in their ways in treating the planet? It is often with these thoughts in mind that I wonder about my existence. Vampires are unnatural creatures, or so I have been taught when I was but a child. However, after my change... I begin to think that vampires are indeed natural. If you define that something natural is something that was born and not made, then yes... we are unnatural in that sense. However, I think of vampires as something natural... something needed. It seems to me that humans need a natural predator. The answers, vampires.

 

What is more effective in hunting a human besides something or someone that WAS human. Who knows how humans think and react? It was an ingenious solution. I believe that the maker has a plan even for us vampires. Does it surprise you? Knowing that a vampire like me still believes in the Maker? I think I believe more strongly now then when I was human... mayhap it is because I have more time to think nowadays. Ironic that might be. What do you think vampires do when they lay in their coffin? We do not need to sleep you know. I spend my time thinking... unlike some others of my kind that spend that time counting down the hours till they can go hunting again. I guess as much as I do not fit in as a human, I do not fit in with my peers after my change as well. Changing, or dying does not wipe clean all the beliefs or memories... It just gives a different perspective.

 

Forgive me for the delayed introduction. I am a vampire as you might have gleam from the top and if you have not, I would suggest you be more attentive or you’ll miss quite a bit. My chosen name after I have changed is Argentum Lamina or in English, Silver Blade. I chose the name as I woke up after being changed in a wide field, with the moon shining her light. It felt like a baptism into a new life... The moon reflecting of the blade of the grass was almost silver and so I took the name to remind myself of that particular moment. This is my story and I bid you to listen... or like the lyrics to a song said “Won’t you share a part of a weary heart that has lived a million lies”. The song is called “I’ve never been to me” by “Charlene” if you are interest.



© 2009 Ruby Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on July 30, 2009


Author

Ruby Moon
Ruby Moon

About
Interesting... I have nothing in particular I want to say. more..

Writing
1:42AM 1:42AM

A Poem by Ruby Moon


(A moment) (A moment)

A Poem by Ruby Moon