1

1

A Chapter by Olga Rudyka

   Beep, Beep, Beep! she slightly opened her eyes and saw seven thirty am on her phone.

It was just a dream but how, it seemed all so real, even though so much time passed since that day. She will never forget what her father told her that Monday morning. She had to look at the calendar to assure herself that she was in the present. This dream had been recurring since the day of the happening.

       Before this incident Molly had hoped she would eventually become a normal child. She has dark blue eyes, and light brown hair that she inherited from her mother. She is a very mild child that is struggling with many fears. Monday morning when Molly woke up she could still feel the tense atmosphere from last night. In a couple of minutes she decided to get up, the first thing she did was change into jeans and a simple green shirt. Then she took a deep breath and very quietly opened her bedroom door that led to the living room and the kitchen. Her eyes widened, and at the same time she wanted to scream and cry, but when she looked back into the living room she saw her dad. He was asleep but in one hand he was holding a knife and in the other a bottle of beer. So Molly put one hand on her mouth and froze for a couple of seconds.    

      Taking a step back she closed her room quietly, sat down on her bed, and 

Covered herself with a blanket to feel safer. She felt tired of everything. She did not know what to do. She was only ten and this day was her birthday. One of the things that she wished with all of her heart was to get at least one present for her birthday. Because she was the only child in the family she could not share her feeling with anybody, and the only place the felt safe in was school. But the school season wouldn’t start for another month.

       A couple of seconds later she heard a yawn in the living room.  Shivers went all over her body and she pushed herself closer to the wall. She tried to breath very quietly so her father would not hear her. She made a big sigh when she heard the front door go " bang!" The first thing that she did is ran out of the room, fell on her knees by her motionless, pail blooded Mother and started to weep. 

     Her red blurry eyes saw something on the floor. It looked like a piece of paper so she dried her eyes with her shirt and saw a note that said "call 911" That's it nothing else.

    She ran out of the house, crossed the street, and started banging on the door. A young beautiful lady opened the door and stepped out.

“Yes" she said. Molly gave her the note without  saying anything.  

When the lady took it immediately she ran in the house and found the nearest phone. Dialed 911and invited Molly into her house.

"Sit down" the lady said to the ten year old. 

"What's going on?" the lady asked her.

"What’s your name, and how did you get here, why are you covered with blood?"

  Molly could not process everything cleverly, entangled with fear she sat there afraid to even speak a word.

“My name is Linda.”

    Nobody said anything for the next five minutes. They heard the clock ticking in the kitchen. The sound of the siren of the police car broke the silence. Then there was a knock on the door. Linda stood from her chair to open the door, but she took another second to look at the clock. Then she turned around and opened the door, two young offenders came in the house.

“Maim is something wrong?” When he turned his head he saw the girl in a chair by the table. His partner looked at Molly with questionable eyes, but she could not answer anything so she just pointed to her house.

“In there.” She said with a quivering voice.

One of the officers took out a notebook and said, “show me.”

    Molly went out of the house and froze; she saw her dad’s car, Linda took her hand and smiled. The officer assured her that nothing would happen to her while he was with her so she crossed the road and approached the front door. She tried to open it but it was closed, so the officer kicked it open took out a gun and entered the house first. When Molly tried to come in the house the other officer did not allow her to, and told Linda to make sure she does not go in. A couple minutes later the two officers came out with her dad handcuffed. Her dad started cussing at Molly while the two officers pushed him in the car.

     Because it was a hot summer morning, the window of the car was open and a sentence came out of there that took everybody’s attention.

“I will get out of jail, and I will kill you!” 

     At that time another car drove in the driveway and an older woman came out of the car with a big teddy bear in her hands.

“Hi.” She said “My name is Madeline, I am going to be your social worker for a while.”  



© 2014 Olga Rudyka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG! I'm totally worried for her now. Can't wait to read more about this story;)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 7, 2014


Author

Olga Rudyka
Olga Rudyka

PA



About
I am a young writer looking to write poetry books in the near future for young adults and mature audiences more..

Writing