2

2

A Chapter by Olga Rudyka

    And that is the last time I saw him. With a beautiful smile the lady asked if I have any relatives that I could stay with. A little terrified I shook my head back and forth. I knew that when my parents got married the only person that I knew was my grandma. But she has died a year ago. She asked me if I was hungry and if I wanted to go somewhere special. When I have heard those words I felt excitement and at the same time I felt secure. So many things had happened during this hour that I had just realized that my stomach was rumbling. When we were on our way to MC Donald’s for the first time in my life I felt secure.

      By the time I knew it I was sitting eating French-fries and drinking coke. When Madeline looked at me with questionable eyes, chills went through my body. With a smile that warmed up the atmosphere she started asking me questions about my family. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I desisted not to say anything because the picture of my mom adhered. No this can’t be happening. The pain started rising from my guts and suddenly got stuck in my throat.

“Are you OK?” asked Madeline.

Wile shaking my head it seemed I had been away for a while but I knew that only seconds had passed.

“Molly I am going to give you a drive to a nice family, they will take care of you, do not worry there is nobody in the family that will try to hurt you. Here is my phone number if you ever want to talk just call, I am free at all times.”

     We drove in to a town I had never seen before suddenly the car stopped and a two story house rose before me as I got out of the car I was silent the whole time of introduction and the rest of the day. My mind still processed the day that had passed like lightning in my life. It’s already midnight and I am still sitting on the bottom floor of the house. Everything was quiet until now, Carry came in the living room and asked me if I wanted to go to sleep, she stretched her hand out, when she helped me up I realized that her voice seemed like silk and her hand felt warm.

****** 

  When I came in the room there was a small bead and a long table with a black lamp in the middle. The closet door was open and empty like me. The room was well lit, when I looked at the bead again there was a pair of pajamas that were just waiting to be opened. Carry left the room wishing me goodnight, suddenly everything became quiet for a moment I kind of wished that something was going on around me. Now I ended up on my own with the silence, when I cuddled up in the warm blanket I found myself to blame for. For the things that will happen to her father. And her mother. She couldn’t wait for morning to come and the night seemed endless. Waking up to the warmth of the sun it felt weird that she did not have to be afraid of her father because he was not in the house. She quietly dressed into the clothes that she had on yesterday and started for the stairs.

     Then she heard a voice in the kitchen

“Breakfast ready come on down, I’ve got news for you.” Molly slowly entered into the kitchen while her eyes widened.

“Is this all for me?” she asked with humility.

Their on the table were just baked pancakes, a cup with something in it and a little present that lay right by the cup.

“Good morning” said Carry with a smile that could light up the whole room. Molly sat down in front of Carry and without responding started eating.

****

      Everything else seemed like a blur of history for her, but only the pain never left. With the hatred for what her father had done. It all seemed like a never ending shadow that followed her where ever she went.

“Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep!” quickly she took her phone that was snoozing five minutes after her alarm. Then she turned it off. She has realized that something had to be done. But she did not know what.

 Realizing her dependence in something higher then herself a long sigh came and then another pause. What was she doing on earth and what was her purpose hear. With questions roaring in her head she realized that she was already late for college.

 



© 2013 Olga Rudyka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is a good solid story and you are fleshing it out effectively. I can't get into chapter 3, says it is "unpublished" so as soon as you you put it up I will read it. My only critique is language. You need an editor to go through and red pencil tense and usage. In the first chapter you go back and forth between past and present and as a for-instance, you use the word questionable (eyes) when it should be questioning. You just need someone to do the usual editorial and proof reading job that comes at the end.
You have done a very good job of making the reader wonder what is going to happen next and where the story is headed. I am so curious that I was very disappointed not to have more than two chapters. Keep going. Recently I had a editor tell me to "Just ReWrite, because that is the name of the Writing game," and I thought that was the worst advice I had ever heard. Just keep writing until you are ready to publish. And don't listen to anyone else but the voice in your heart. Most of us out here don't know any more than you do. Again, keep writing. ww

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is a good solid story and you are fleshing it out effectively. I can't get into chapter 3, says it is "unpublished" so as soon as you you put it up I will read it. My only critique is language. You need an editor to go through and red pencil tense and usage. In the first chapter you go back and forth between past and present and as a for-instance, you use the word questionable (eyes) when it should be questioning. You just need someone to do the usual editorial and proof reading job that comes at the end.
You have done a very good job of making the reader wonder what is going to happen next and where the story is headed. I am so curious that I was very disappointed not to have more than two chapters. Keep going. Recently I had a editor tell me to "Just ReWrite, because that is the name of the Writing game," and I thought that was the worst advice I had ever heard. Just keep writing until you are ready to publish. And don't listen to anyone else but the voice in your heart. Most of us out here don't know any more than you do. Again, keep writing. ww

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poor baby..I really want to hug her now. Hope this new family will help her to find happiness..

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on August 24, 2013


Author

Olga Rudyka
Olga Rudyka

PA



About
I am a young writer looking to write poetry books in the near future for young adults and mature audiences more..

Writing