Carribean

Carribean

A Story by Rachael
"

I found this in my old school file

"

This is it. Finally, a time to calm down and let my worries slip away.  As I glided into the lukewarm Caribbean water, everything seemed to be at a standstill.  Deeper and deeper I went in the clear blue ocean.  I put my head under, and at that moment, I felt no pain, no worries, no stress.  Every little sound disappeared.  I could no longer hear the people talking or shouting or splashing.  It was just me, alone in the calm water.  I could see little minnows being whipped around by the treacherous current made by all of the people moving around.  As soon as I moved, they swam away as fast as they could.


I began to swim toward the shore, then stood up and walked on the soft, golden sand. As I proceeded to the shore, I could barely tell that the water was getting lower on my body. Finally, I was fully out of the ocean. My feet, still being wet, attracted the sand like a magnet. I slowly regained consciousness of everyone around me. I walked over to the bleach white beach chair, laid my soft, light blue towel down, and sat in the sun for what seemed like an eternity.

© 2010 Rachael


Author's Note

Rachael
Descripitve essay I had to write

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like that you used detail, but I feel like you could have used even more. Try not to use 'I' so much if you're concentrating on your surroundings - just tell me about your surroundings. I like your metaphor about wet feet and sand like a magnet. I feel as if you could have used more paragraph breaks (it's okay - or at least I think it's okay - if your paragraphs are short, since the point of paragraphs is shifts in thought).

Overall a decent essay (especially considering that it was something that you had to write) with a need for more description (which I know you can do based on what I see is already there ~) - a nice, calm and relaxing read (yes, I calmed down just reading it xD).

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010

Author

Rachael
Rachael

PA



About
"Life happens. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But you never truly know which one until it's all over." Hey, I'm Rachael. I'm 18 years old. I love playing softball, which consu.. more..

Writing
Breakout Breakout

A Poem by Rachael