Blackouts, Greenbeans, and Skinny Barbies

Blackouts, Greenbeans, and Skinny Barbies

A Chapter by Sam

Carina Matthews

"How long has it been?" I ask.

"Since camp started? One day."

I sigh and cover my face.

"Gosh this is gonna be a long summer." I whisper.

"I know but it'll all be worth it in the end." 

"I sure hope so."

"Well I gotta go Carina, Kylie calls."

I look at him and take my hands off my face. 

"Okay fine. Tell her we'll hang tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll see you later darling." Decker says with his adorable smile of his.

"Always baby. Wanna come over later and hang in my cabin? Ya know after the kids 'go to sleep'?" 

"Definitely. Will it just be me and you or.."

"It will.. I think. Mark should be screwing Phoebe and Kylie would usually be sleeping, so it's just us."

"Great."

He smiles and hugs me. I bury my head into his chest as he hugs me protectively. I let go of Decker and he kisses my nose. 

"Bye Matthews." 

"Adios Bolton."

He walks away, I turn around, and come face to face with a pair of soft grey eyes. 

"Crap!" I scream while punching the person in the throat. 

"Ah! What the f**k Carina?!"

Wait.. I know that voice. 

Mark! 

Why can't I just be normal around him? 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Very sorry!" I plead.

"It's okay." He whimpers while looking up at me.

"No it's not! Come back to our cabin with me, please?"

"It's fine Cav-"

"Don't you dare call me Caviar cause if you do I swear I will kick you where the sun doesn't shine!" I growl. "Now follow me." 

I slip my hand into Mark's and start walking with towards my cabin. When we're at least halfway there, I feel Mark's fingers lace around mine. I stop walking and look up at him. 

"What are you doing?"

"I'm holding your hand."

"Why?"

"Because I want to... Does that..... make you uncomfortable?" 

I shake my head and look up at him. 

"No."

"Good."

He leans closely to me and stares into my eyes. My heart beats a mile a minute while Mark brushes his nose against mine softly. 

"Caviar," he whispers.

"Yes?" 

Our lips are inches apart before Mark says,

"I'm totally going to get you back for punching me in the throat."

I feel the heat from his body radiate off onto my cheeks as he stares me down, both of us not moving. 

"It was an accident Marky." 

He chuckles and slips his hands down my waist, with me self- consciously moving my hands onto his shoulders. 

"You wanna know something?" He asks while caressing my cheek.

"Shoot."

"Phoebe and I aren't uh.."

"Exclusive?"

"Nah, at least I don't think we are. We were but we kinda grew apart, and I didn't realize it until I met you."

"What are you talking about?"

"When we first locked eyes with each other, I knew that you were different."

Oh, he means that cliché line. I knew you were different. Blehhh. 

But since it's coming from Mark's perfectly perfect lips, I'm all good with it. 

"Thanks, I guess." 

"And uh you wanna know something else too?"

"Sure."

"I really really want to kiss you Carina,"

Oh my..

"What's stopping you?" 

I feel my heart stop in my chest, (not literally), as Mark's lips get extremely close to mine. 

"The fact that you're a throat puncher." he chuckles while placing a strand of hair behind my ear. "And I don't kiss throat punchers unless I have a full-" Mark stops talking and places a soft kiss on my chin, right below my bottom lip, leaving a burning sensation on it. "Guarantee you won't punch me with those little knuckles of yours."

"I can't promise you anything Yeager." I challenge. "But... you know what I can promise?"

"Is my 100% probability of throwing up on you two." growls a different voice. 

Mark and I tear our eyes away from each other to see Phoebe watching us, arms crossed, and perfectly sharpened neon pink nails sticking out into the night. 

Oh dear God please help me. 

Don't send me another slap, I beg you! My face just stopped throbbing!

She steps forward with tear-stained cheeks, and bloodshot eyes.

"Were you crying?" Mark asks.

"Apparently yes because I found out my boyfriend is cheating on me."

Oh crap Mark was cheating on Phoebe with me.

Oh no! I'm the mistress, I'm the mistress! 

Phoebe is going it kill me! 

I am going to die tonight.. Oh please- 

"What? I never cheated on you Phoebe." interrupts Mark's confused voice.

"I know. Not you."

Mark's jaw clenches as he glares at Phoebe. 

"What are you talking about?"

"I've been dating Jessie Spencer for the past three years."

"What?!" Mark yells. 

"I've had a boyfriend for the past three years Mark."

Mark steps away from me only holding my hand tightly. 

"So what you're telling me is that you've been dating someone else, after we got together?" 

"Oh calm down Mark, it's obvious to everyone that you want that bimbo over there so don't get your panties in a twist. Besides, we both agreed that we weren't exclusive."

"Carina is not a bimbo Phoebe. She's a little awkward, funny, interesting, cool,-"

"Disgusting!" Phoebe interrupts.

"No she's not. Carina is the most-"

"Yeah yeah, save your pity monologue for a b***h who cares. Have a nice life with your s**t!" Phoebe calls while Mark drags me away.

Heh, she thinks I'm the s**t? If I am, I wonder what her definition of a "good girl" is.

Once we get to my cabin, Mark plops onto my bed as I rummage through my dresser for an ice pack I keep inside from the nurses office. When I find it, I turn to Mark to see him staring at the ground.

"Mark?"

"What do you want?!"

"Um I just wanted to see if your throat still hurts. I got the ice."

"I don't want any ice Carina." He spits. "I just want one thing right now."

"What is it? I can get it for you."

Mark lets out an exasperated sigh and covers his face.

"Why do you do that?" 

"Do what?"

"That." he accuses while pointing at me. 

I look down at myself but find nothing wrong. 

"What are you talking about?"

"You wear all those matching shoes and bows, and your shorts.. Oh god your shorts. They compliment your body so well I-I- just can't even explain what it does to me."

"Um Mark... are you okay? A-are you.. drunk?" 

Mark shakes his head before rubbing his hands over his face after I turn around. 

I guess some guys take break-ups differently than others...

I put the ice pack in my drawer underneath my shorts when I feel a wave of heat on my back. A steady breath brushes against my neck before I hear Mark whisper,

"Caviar.. I need... you to.... do something."

I take in a shaky, limited air-supplied breath as my heart rate increases with burning cheeks.

"What is it?"

"I need you to... turn around."

"Wh-"

"Just turn around and face me, " he coaxes. "Please?"

From the corner of my eye, I can see Mark's biceps clench and unclench as his grey eyes stare at the back of my head. 

Do I dare turn around to meet Mark's gaze that might blind me if I stare too long? What will he do if he finds out-

"Caviar," he whispers this time pressing his lips to my ear, his hot breath making me shiver. 

His enormous hands slide up and down my waist, making the pit of my stomach churn of excitement. 

Turn around Carina, gosh darn it! Turn around! 

Mark's lips soon find contact with my neck causing me to gasp. 

"Mark." I mumble. "What are you doing?" 

He still continues to slide his hands around my waist, placing tiny kisses on my neck, ignoring my question. 

"Mark." I state while pushing him away, only to have him keep me in his grip and place his hands back on my hips, as of they belonged there.

"Hush." He whispers while stepping closer to me. 

He turns me around and stares me in the eyes. I make the mistake of blinking as I feel Mark's tongue shoots out at my bottom lip. The warmth from his tongue travels down my body as I open my eyes. Mark breathes softly while cupping my cheek protectively. He soon changes his gaze to my lips and leans in. His eyelids start to flutter closed as my skin presses against the geld tiles behind me. Mark's lips graze my collarbone before he pushes himself against me, while letting out a small moan.

Oh my fiddlesticks. Did Mark Yeager just hump me?

I think I might die.

"Mark. " I mumble while he nibbles on my neck. 

I tug at the ends of his hair and bite my bottom lip from producing a loud moan, wanting more of him every second he stands here. As Mark's lips hover over mine, the same smug smirk forms on his lips.

"Caviar."

"Hm?"

"Gotcha."

He pulls away from me, leaving my body in a vulnerable state, as he slides into his bunk without another word. 

Was I just seduced by Mark on my underwear drawer? 

Whelp, there's something I've never thought I'd hear myself think. 

I wipe my now tired eyes as I feel my heart blackout leaving me with a dark, heavy feeling...... Just like the power. Literally. 

"Great." I mutter while grabbing my flashlight. "Just friggin' great."



© 2016 Sam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on June 23, 2016
Last Updated on June 23, 2016


Author

Sam
Sam

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hello I'm Sam & I'm in love with pizza & the arts :) more..

Writing
it's ELectric it's ELectric

A Chapter by Sam