Frank Lloyd Wright

Frank Lloyd Wright

A Poem by Sami Khalil
"

The legend of architecture.

"

Related image


Frank Lloyd Wright by Sami Khalil

A legend of architecture…


Reams of printed page could not do him justice. The visual silhouettes he created and left behind, became the hazy evidence of a genius, in roars of triumph.

Man, matter and capacity live fully at the chants of organic elements unified. Frank Lloyd Wright was rebel in thought and design in practical ways. Long mulled over, he went against the grain. Things called for drastic thinking, for some antiquated beliefs do not reach desirable endings.

There seemed to be a wider decline in newness of architecture till his time. No short answers, in the process of connection, from enabling rifts of amalgams. One must have visceral shifts from tradition. To be tactfully right, be the change, the prototypical manifestations, in your quiet intonations for ideas evoke notions, meanings evoke shadows and emotions.

I say, “Let there be spaces,” for utterances come before spaciousness. In pursuing any trade, success has no guarantees in himself, but in choosiness of validity and importance. I must add that whether there is beauty, no dullness resides, but grayness disappears into the wild imaginings.

Frank laid out his plans on the page consciously, routed by creativity’s pleasures in all its humanistic features. His motives were to burn the insuperable barriers, deconstruct the box, relish the natural settings, fetch the cultural sights, enhance the margins and aspects of design. He never suppressed translation for incumbent on thinkers, at the outset of innovation, to be superseded by incorporation. And for things to have permanent values, they must be sacred in the eyes of the beholder, in the ways of the wise and the soldier.

Pervasively, valence comes from the primitive recognition of dualism, the rich embodiment to single line individualism, of reason as it targets the process in lucid pluralism.

I say, “Pay close attention at design, lest you miss something in the countless expression appearing not at quick glances.” “Arts defense is dual; the seeker represents the first always.”     

© 2019 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

dear Sami... I saw a white stucco Church in Kansas City, Missouri
forty years ago that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
It had two levels and the ceiling was a Cathedral ceiling where
modern designs let the light shine through and down in holy beams.
It was white stucco on the inside and out. It was genius and I never left there really.
I always see it in my Minds Eye. Close to the Church is a Fountain with about four horses
that were transported from Paris where a Sculptor created the horses. The exact same Fountain
is also on the grounds of the Capitol of the USA. Arti is genius.... and Poets like you write
in Stone to remember. truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoeee! I love your story and your take on this genius of a man. Great men and women are a rare curr.. read more
Patricia Wedel

4 Years Ago

Sami... you are a Scholar and a Gentleman... Amen
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

:::::)))))))))
Wright was a fantastic architect and innovator in how he envisioned spaces that built in unifying nature with living as opposed to just tearing things down... your picture shows this vividly and your words accentuate this view point as well... he was a forward thinker and far too few utilize his methods today in both designs as well as where things are built... your words Sami, not only honor the man, but allow us to see beyond the concrete jungle to imagine the possibilities of living where we are in harmony with our surroundings... this was the gift that Frank Lloyd Whright gave us and a gift that you put into words… truly nicely done Sami...


Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! I can't agree more wonderful poet and friend. I love how you sum him up and his philosophy so .. read more
amazingly creative architecture....he and Bucky Fuller....two masters of the abstract...just like William Carlos Williams with poetry...
and you seem to delve into topics and other creative people with such zest in your words, Sami....
i learn from you...
thanks for that.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Whoa! So true and well said dear poet and friend. I love how you put things in great perspectives of.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

By the way, I love all of his work. I have seen many of his in Wisconsin. We have only one in Alabam.. read more
"whether there is beauty, no dullness resides, but grayness disappears into the wild imaginings."
S.K.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I say, “Let there be spaces,” for utterances come before spaciousness.
S.K.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2019
Last Updated on December 15, 2019

Author

Sami Khalil
Sami Khalil

Tuscaloosa, AL



Writing
I Feel I Feel

A Poem by Sami Khalil



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic