The final fight

The final fight

A Chapter by Santulan
"

The final confrontation

"

There have been not so many events across the ages that all the powers that be have come to witness first hand : corporeal or incorporeal, visible or invisible, close or distant, existent or not. This was one of these not so many!

            Santulan watched and thought over, scythe in his hands, focus steady on his opponent. He was thinking it all over, contemplating his next move. The opponent was way more powerful than he had expected, and he himself was inarguably a human. This power imbalance was not the least of his concerns, but at the same time, it was not his most either. The entire human existence as we know it was at stake. Screw that, above all Tammy was at stake. He was ready to fight till the last of his essence to ensure that the love of his life would remain safe, unharmed, and of free will. And for that he was ready to succumb to one of mankind’s greatest shortcomings – DEATH!

            Shunning all doubts and fear aside he leapt forward scythe blade first to strike the warrior. Instead he just connected with the blade of his opponent. With one gigantic swipe, it hit Santulan, sending him several feet away crashing in to the walls of his house. Luckily for him these were made of timber not concrete. Still motivated, he sent forward an even more powerful gust of concussive force, which this time met its target. Much to his dismay however it only thrust the warrior back by a few steps.

            All this seemed too dramatic for Tammy to just watch. She was visibly struggling against the chains that bound her, to free herself and help in way possible. Frosty on the other hand was enjoying all this, just as an even more sinister thought came to her mind.

“You wish to fight and successfully defeat me, while you can’t even take care of my minion! Looks like you could do with some more motivation.” And then with another snap of her fingers, some of the chain links binding Tammy began to sear. The pain and agony were too much, and Tammy creamed like a banshee set on fire!

            “NO!” yelled Santulan, as Frosty then stopped this extra pain. This enraged him to a new level, and then a force of a great magnitude erupted from his body directed at the warrior. It tried to block it, but instead the force not only shattered its blade in to many pieces, but also flipped the demon off the ground, flat on the ground. Then as the fallen warrior got up; with one great energy strike with his scythe Santulan, ruptured its hide, mortally wounding it. Then after taking his time to cool down, he turned his attention finally towards Frosty. “You’re next.” Frosty came forward, “Yes finally the moment I’ve been waiting for all this while, to teach you a lesson for all your misdoings. First I’ll do away with all the distractions.” She raised her hand and pointed it towards Santulan. Expecting some thing from it, he went in to a defensive posture. However it was not him that was the target. With her psionic powers, she launched one of the broken pieces of the blade right at Tammy. It happened all too soon to counter. The blade hit Tammy, impaling her straight in to the heart!

            Santulan ran and managed to get hold of her before she’d hit the ground. Neither said anything as their eyes conveyed what was needed. Tears began to emerge Tammy’s eyes and she was no more with him. Just as the first drop of tear hit the floor, something happened that even Frosty experienced. Santulan’s heart stopped beating. He turned. “If you won’t le others have their own peaceful world, I won’t let you have yours.” 

            His still heart began to grow darker and darker, and for the very first time the evil in him was now awakened by the rage and the loss of his beloved. All the dark energy from the world soon began to channel towards him, collecting in him making him more powerful than Frosty had ever been. But all the goodness that was in him, and all the evil him began to clash. It was like matter and anti-matter together. Soon Santulan released from him an enormous explosion that slowly encompassed the whole galaxy and left nothing behind. Frosty was finally defeated but at a price!

            Soon nothing was left of this Milky Way but endless void. Then two stars blue in two different shades began to light. God had now the task of recreating the human world so that the souls may now unite. God had found his new Adam & Eve



© 2008 Santulan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on February 12, 2008


Author

Santulan
Santulan

Ahmedabad, India



About
Am here here to share my musings and writings with you, and maybe improve my self from what you comment and reiew. Being a vintage Libran, I am in constant search for establishing an Equilibrium in m.. more..

Writing
ParkBench ParkBench

A Story by Santulan