The breakfast before the surprise

The breakfast before the surprise

A Chapter by Santulan
"

Breakfast in sthe most important meal of the day after all

"

The alarm rang at six am on Saturday morning, but he was already awake by then. To be true he had hardly slept at all. He brushed his teeth, washed his face, put on his shoes turned on the music on his cell phone, and went for his daily early morning jog. The fragrance of the early morning was scintillating and served as an excellent getaway from the emotions building in him. About an hour later he was back home, hoping that what had come to happen last night was not a dream.  He picked up the newspaper and read his forecast for the day, ‘You are feeling scared of the emotions building inside you. The stars however are clearing the deck for a new phase in your life.’  That felt good. His mum came out following the daily ritual of morning prayers. He bowed his head a little, and she stroked his head as a sign of blessing.

“You’re up early today”

“Didn’t sleep that well last night.  Here read the paper, I’ll make some breakfast. Will some egg sandwich and juice be fine with you?”

“Don’t why you like eggs so much. Just let the eggs boil properly “

Boiled egg sandwich was one of his personal favorite. He started to wash and peel off the fruits to make the juice while he had put some eggs to boil. He took the time the eggs took to boil to get a shower, and get ready. After saying his daily prayers he came back to the kitchen to find Simone and Sharon already present there, breaking open the boiled eggs from their shells.

“Good morning, if you don’t mind I like to make the sandwiches my self Simone, it’s not that you get the morning off always.”

She smiled, “You’re such a sweet heart, what’s mum doing?”

“Reading the newspaper. By the way ma’am would you like your juice sweetened or sugarless?”

“You don’t have to call me Ma’am here San, Sharon is fine. Just like I said yesterday, you and I know each other from times before.  A bit of sugar will do for me.”

He almost blushed at this mention. Simone and Sharon were busy talking amongst themselves. Meanwhile he sliced the eggs, and prepared the sandwiches, poured the juice from the juicer in the glasses, and took out the ketchup.

“Sharon, why don’t you go out to the garden and sit with mum while I help him bring out the breakfast?”

The moment Sharon was out of the kitchen, San gave a big hug to Simone.

“Thank you, thank you, and thank you for bringing her here.”

“I’d rather have your hugs than receiving messages on my cell phone right in the middle of the night.” He grinned. “You might as well do your bit if you want to impress her. The cooking and fitness part go real well.”

“Well, apart from the fact that I have good brains too.”

“That’s my boy.”

The breakfast went on pretty well. He was managing to get her attention and it seemed that if the stars were really going to do their work, a new phase was about to begin after all.



© 2008 Santulan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a new phase, nicely done. Are you planning to add to this? It deserves the attention....peace.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 3, 2008
Last Updated on March 10, 2008


Author

Santulan
Santulan

Ahmedabad, India



About
Am here here to share my musings and writings with you, and maybe improve my self from what you comment and reiew. Being a vintage Libran, I am in constant search for establishing an Equilibrium in m.. more..

Writing
ParkBench ParkBench

A Story by Santulan