Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3

A Chapter by Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)

Dynasty Warriors release of its Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series has gotten a huge upgrade from its previous 2 installments, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 took it to the next level.  To put this game in one genre I would have to say it’s an action game, and a pretty simple one, hack and slash your way through hundreds of enemies, and watch them explode as it unfazed your Gundam.  Coming out for the Playstation 3 and X Box 360 the graphics are a little above average, but transcending into a cell-shade format to relate more to the anime was an exceptional idea.  The sound is better than its previous titles, and the music sets the mood, as for the voice acting, you might want to leave it on the Japanese option, while playing through most of the American voices stood true, but at certain times I swore Master Asia got abducted by someone with an entirely different voice. The controls are trouble-free combos consist of a constant one button press until you decide to finally push triangle (PS3) or “y” (X Box 360).  And your super move is done with the push of a button, if you are into complicating controls, you might not agree with these ones, but never the less, they are perfect for a hack and slash Dynasty Warriors game.

This game features over 50 playable pilots, and each of them ends up having access to almost every mobile suit featured in the game (excluding the giant’s).   The game play is as simple as the controls, yet simple makes this game better.  You quickly hack and slash through enemy fields, capture their bases, destroy enemy ace pilots, and then defeat the boss ace pilot.  As simple as this sounds, it is still mildly addictive.  Trying new combos to defeat hoards of mobile suits, gaining experience points and money to create a killing machine, and simply destroying the enemy ace pilots for they can stop talking their nonsense, you forget about how simple this game really is. 

The storyline isn’t amazing, but to cause over 50 pilots to come together isn’t an easy task.  But the storyline does have that, what the hell is going on, Gundam feeling to it, so I couldn’t complain.  And even after spending countless, yet addicting, hours beating the main story, there is style many missions left to complete, and you can replay missions with different characters and mobile suits for a different feeling.  So the replay value of this game is pretty high, I caught myself almost giving this game 150 hours.  To up the whole experience of the game, there is a co-op option to about 90% of the missions, so if you are into local split screen grab a controller and play with a friend, have fun destroying hundreds of mobile suits together, even make a competition to see who destroys the most mobile suits and/or ace pilots.  The online is alright, the missions are pretty fast, and the location of your allies might be off sometimes, but doing online missions gives you a ton of experience points and money, so I’d say it’s worth it to give it a shot.  So in all I recommend purchasing this game, I rented it, and had it for over a month, and I regret turning it in.  So if you’re into hack and slash, local and online co-op, addicting, and long lasting games, or even you just like the anime, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 is for you.



© 2011 Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
Added on September 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 19, 2011


Author

Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)
Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)

Douglas, AZ



About
im just that one "emo" kid in the small cuntarded town of Douglas, Arizona. I like to be different, you dont like me, i dont care. "Oh, you're back to me and the hunger returns, i told myself i was .. more..

Writing