Chapter One A Talent Problem

Chapter One A Talent Problem

A Chapter by A Pen and Paper

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!!!!!! Ah it’s Monday, school, math, English, history, art, and Jack’s demonstration. Ah Jack, Jack and his demonstration. Perfect Jack, strong jack, handsome Jack, perfect Jack, nice Jack, popular Jack, oh Jack has another demonstration on April 8 yay! Uggg… can’t wait till I get my own art gallery and have everyone be proud of me. As I sit there thinking bad thoughts about my brother, I know that I should be at breakfast with the family and I know it procedures but… “AUTUMN GET DOWN HER RIGHT NOW YOUR MEAL HAS ARRIVED AND IT IS TIME FOR THE PROCEDURES TO START!” my mom calls at the top of her voice.

I trudge downstairs and see mom, dad, and my lovely brother Jack. “Good Morning Blake, Catherin, and Jack” I say in a bored robot like voice. “Good Morning Autumn” they all chant back. I go over to the table and see my usual meal but a change. My usual fruit cup, waffle and milk where there  but with a small white box next to it, I hope the box is not what I think it is, no its not I think to myself it can’t be no. “Are you okay honey” my mom says “the announcements are starting soon.” Her words snap me back into reality because apparently I’ve been just standing there.

            Just as I sit down and start eating the Anthem starts and as one the whole town stands up at once, I know that because we all know when to stand up and it’s a sign of respect for Water Springs. After the anthem ends we all sit down and announcements start. “Good morning, and welcome to a start of a new day here in Water Springs, for our students welcome to a start of a new term. We are very proud to tell you that Jack Leena has a new demonstration that is going live at 7:00 tonight he will versing  James Nine and we KNOW he we will win…” they robotic voice goes on but my mind takes none of it in. Before I know it the message is over and I’ve finished my food.

I slowly walk outside and a fresh gust of air hits my face and it wakes my whole body up. I fiddle the little box in my fingers before I open it. There’s a small chocolate in there and my whole body relaxes. Underneath the chocolate was a note that only had one word on it “ENJOY”. Just then a light breeze hits my face and I start to smile again. It’s such a pretty day I’ve just got to paint this moment.

”Wapendwa rafiki yangu nzuri jinsi ilikuwa mapumziko yako ya muda mrefu. Habari gani?” says Eve my best friend. “Translation please” I say holding back laughter. “Hello my good friend how was your long break. Sup?” says Eve but soon after we burst out in giggles. “You’ve been away for so long I’ve missed your random outbursts of random of different languages” I say cheerfully. “I’ve missed you so much too” Eve says smiling happily. “Yet I had so much fun and guess what I won!!!” she screamed.  “Oh my…” I stammer “and it was like the hardest level” she can’t hide how proud she was. “It was so great and such a great way to leave the town…” she pauses mid-sentence. I know what she was thinking I’m her friend and I support her but she knows I want to get out so badly, she knows that I want to go down that road.

I was so jealous when I heard that she was going to the National Multi-Language Competition. I’m going to look at the book at school, hopefully there will something listed under art that I can compete in. I want my first to happen why can’t it happen?

 “… well and he was like  primero toda la que puedo hablar francés, español, Inglés, ruso, alemán y latín. So right after that I said Well Ich spreche Französisch, Spanisch, Englisch, Russisch, Deutsch, Latein, Arabisch, Thailändisch, Suaheli, Jiddisch, Japanisch und Chinesisch. Everyone stood up, they all started cheering and it just felt so good!” Eve plows on with her description of her first trip out and doesn’t notice that I’m wrapped in my own thoughts I know I shouldn’t be selfish I should only think of Water Springs.

It hits me before I even know it I’m on the ground and my head it throbbing. “Autumn, Autumn are you ok? Help, Help!?!?” Eve is now screaming her words. “No, no I’m fine we don’t need any officers to come we could get in trouble.”  I say quietly enough so only Eve can hear.  “I hate that jerk so much” I can tell Eve wants to scream that sentence to the whole town but she must be quite. “Jamie thinks she so perfect and good at everything but guess what she has no special talent like the rest of us, she is a NORMAL!!!!” Eve says basically screaming the last Word. 

            “You know we can’t talk about the Normals in that way an Officer might here us” I say calmly because I can tell Eve is about to go insane. “I know, I know” she says her face relaxing back into her usual smile “ I don’t, it’s just after I’ve been out of the town I’ve just been feeling a little more anger than usually but don’t worry I have ask for a calming session.” “A calming session do you even know what goes on in there?” I ask. No one ever says what happens in there I think to myself. “I need it Autumn maybe you do too” she says with a concern in her voice.

By then we were at school and oh no the bell just rung. Well at least I didn’t have to finish that conversation. Wait Oh no Officers are almost always there on the first day of term I run into school and fling myself into the desk. Just after that Ms. Q. O Walks in. “So today even thought it was only a week break we are going to review our great town of Water Springs’ history” Ms. Q . O drones on.

 

 



© 2014 A Pen and Paper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2014
Last Updated on March 29, 2014


Author

A Pen and Paper
A Pen and Paper

About
Still in high school i write and read to escape life. Just looking for thoughts and criticism on my writings. I tend to write Dystopian and fantasy pieces. more..

Writing