Chapter Two A Past and a Present of the Wrong Time

Chapter Two A Past and a Present of the Wrong Time

A Chapter by A Pen and Paper

“So please turn to page 64 and read pages 64-85” she says in that bored robot voice so many adults use in this town. I turn on my learning pod and type page 64 in it. I see that this is what we have to read at every start of a new term.

 

 

 

Our Great Town a history in the Making

 

Water Springs is a most Majestic town. Most all of the citizens are extremely talented. With the exception of few our town has flourished over the 112 years of its existence. Those few who are not talented are great help to our town doing jobs that no else will take.

Our town has held an amazing record that we have been up holding for 101 years our students and Adults have achieved the more awards for our town than any other town in America. Only select people can live in this town. Sometimes Even with our officers special care on this matter a baby is born without a talent and it is permitted to live among us and go along with its life. Of course we are only human so we do make mistakes and these Mistakes will be carefully watched and or contained.

FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO:

FOUNDING OF WATER SPRINGS- PAGE 65-66

GEOGRAPHY OF WATER SPRINGS- PAGE 67

RULES OF WATER SPRINGS- PAGE 68-71

CONTROLLING THE AVERAGE POPULATION FOR THE PROTECTING OF OUR TALENTED- PAGE 72-73

LIST OF AWARDS AND RECORDS- PAGE 74-77

CULTURE OF WATER SPRINGS- PAGE 78

OUR CURRENT HEAD OFFICER MARK HAMELSON- Page79-80

Other Information on procedures- Page 81

HISTORY OF WATER SPRINGS- Page 82-85

Classification- Page 86

 

I have read that information so many times I could basically recite it from heart. So I tap geography of water springs and get this.

 

GEOGRAPHY OF WATER SPRINGS

            Water springs got its name from the 2 bodies of water that surrounded it. Our town is divided into 2 sections Lake View and Riverside.

LAKE VEIW   

            Our large lake is called Talentum Lake. Talentum Lake is used for activities and entertainment. There are no actual houses on the lake. However they can come pretty close and some might see Talentum Lake. The most popular sport that is played on this body of water is boating, specifically Kayaking. The Lake boards our town and the Wilderness that separates us from other towns that might try to seep in to our town and negatively affect our citizens. So of course that is guarded 24 hours a day.

Riverside

            Our River is named Kemans River named after the head officer Rebecca Kemans that was in charged when the great man made river was created 108 years ago very soon after Water Springs was made. The River is a consistent 7 feet deep. This river is mainly used for inspiration for our artists and transportation/leisure activities for all of our Citizens. This is also under 24 hour watch.

            Man that was so boring but I still have to read more so I guess I will read about classification because I haven’t read that section in a while. So I typed in the page for classification.  

CLASSIFICATION

There are five main different kinds of classifications that people can receive in water springs. They are listed from lowest to highest.

Nomains- The lowest of all classifications do the lowest of jobs such as testers and fakers. They are never seen by anyone but the officers.

Normals- Normals make up only 11% of our population TODAY  some of the highest rates in Water Springs history. They have no talent and have an average grade and talent Range.

Talents- Make up 50% of our population all of these people can do exceptional and they have won us 56% of all of our awards over time.

Super talent- Makes up 32% of all of our population. They are even better than Talents yet rarer.  

Alpha Talent- Those who are extremely talented and there talent cannot be described only 13 have been selected in the last decade

 

Done with that uggg… when is she going to stop us I can’t just keep reading. BRRRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The bell shatters my thoughts as I take my learning pod to my next period Art, Yay! 

I walk briskly to Art Class and see no one on the way there. I rush in Just as the bell rings. “Good morning Class today we will be painting please check your pods for your personal assignment” my art teacher Miss.Brooklsely says in the most energetic voice that almost no teacher ever uses.

I love Miss. Brooksely she’s just like me she’s a Talent and I’m with her most of the day because I love art. We are the only 2 people at this time that are of the same tree. Wait I guess you could count Brain but he is only good at drawing and he’s a super talent. As I sit there I think about classification, Miss. Brooksley is a talent, I know that. I also know that both Jack and Eve are super talents. My Mom and Dad are both talents. Then it hits me I shouldn’t care what their classification is all that matters is mine Talent, I’m just one step up from a Normal. I should really check my Learning Pod, I think to myself.

Autumn Assignment-                    

 

Art- What do you feel like? Dig into your inner feelings and thoughts and put it into a painting of an imaginary person. Open your true feelings into this painting.

Wow that’s deep I think. What do I feel? I have no idea I feel sad, happy for my friends, jealousy maybe? Wait I have a great idea. I go ahead and pick up my paint brush and start.

The bell rings three times to single that we have to move to our next classes but science my talent is Art. I spend almost all day in my Art Class. Yes I’m finished. The painting is of a girl with long brown hair that curls at the ends. She is wearing a short red dress, the girl is staring off at her friends all with metals and big smiles on their faces. The art teacher comes over.

“Hmmmn interesting painting Autumn…” Miss. Brooksley tries to say put she gets cut off by a large beeping noise that single that there will be an message in a second. 

“Hello, will you please send Miss. Mecca down to The  E Office.” The message says. “O.K” Miss. Brooksley says. Oh my the E office! That’s where the book is. What if its my first.

“Autumn did you hear that.” Miss. Brooksley asks “Yes Miss.  Brooksley”. I respond with a straight face. Yet on the inside I was exploding with happiness on the inside.

I walk down the blank hallways with nothing but white paint. I want to run so badly but its against Rule #87. In our all three of our schools we have a set of 275 rules that are all strictly enforced.

I’m here, E-Office. Where the book is and where I could get the news of my first. “PLEASE ENTER THE OFFICE NOW.” A loud booming voice echo’s. I step into the office. My hands are shaking. Yes, there are many good things that can occur at E-Office but you could also get kicked out of the town. But you didn’t do anything my mind tells me.

“Congratulations Jack Mecca you have become a Alpha Talent”.

 

 

 

 



© 2014 A Pen and Paper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on March 29, 2014
Last Updated on March 29, 2014


Author

A Pen and Paper
A Pen and Paper

About
Still in high school i write and read to escape life. Just looking for thoughts and criticism on my writings. I tend to write Dystopian and fantasy pieces. more..

Writing