Warren

Warren

A Chapter by Lilith
"

Emily, Yana, Silver, and Fiona reconnect at the beginning of the school year.

"

     10:52 A.M…

    As soon as I opened the door to my new dorm I shared with Fiona, the first thing I noticed was the note on my stripped bed.

    Smiling, I set my bag on the mattress before grabbing it and reading it quickly.

    Silver,

    Emily, Yana, and I are all meeting in the library before eleven to talk about the crazy things that happened. When you read this, you better get your butt down to the library before I come and get you.

    -F

    Leaving my unpacked bag on the bed, I locked the door behind me before running to the library. The halls were still empty since I was one of the first ones here, before school started. I could hear my steps echoing on the tile.

    After taking a series of winding turns, I ended up in the library. Pushing open the big doors, I saw Emily, Yana, and Fiona all sitting on the floor like it was story time.

    “So then I was like what the hell is your problem you little- Oh hey Silver!” Emily cut off when she saw me and flashed me a wave.

    I grinned and waved back before positioning myself between Yana and Fiona. Emily had a new black tutu and black fingerless gloves that matched her black corset. Her eyes had been carefully lined and nails polished a jet black.

    Yana had sky blue jeans ripped at the knees and a cream sweater that made her blue eyes sparkle. Fiona looked the same with olive shorts and a white top.

    “Where have you been?” Fiona asked. “Did you unpack?”

    “Nope. I just got here. What were you talking about anyway?” I ask, picking at a thread absentmindedly.

    “A VTS mission Emily was on this summer. I would ask you how was yours, but I pretty much know how it went.” Fiona answered.

    “Sorry for interrupting. Please continue.” I say,

    “So anyway I just started snapping off since this guy was an obvious jerk…”

    As she talked, I thought back to the recent events. Right in the middle of June, Bonnie and Cam got a report that somebody had found my father. Of course they told I and I freaked out, and a day later I was in Italy with Cam, looking for my long lost father.

    Of course, we scoured the people in the area he had been spotted in and areas like it too for two weeks and found nothing, no trace. Cam and I agreed that by now he should’ve made an appearance before leaving back to Canada for school, sad that we hadn’t found him.

    “It’s like he wants to stay hidden.” Cam had told me on the plane ride home. “I don’t get why but I think that whatever it’s for, it’s a good reason.”

    Cam apparently knew my father way back when. They had gone to college together and afterwards never seen each other. But Cam should’ve been able to recognize him if we had seen him those two weeks in Italy.

    “Silver!” There was a flash of skin under my nose, and I looked up to see the others looking at me. Yana had snapped her fingers to get my attention.

    “Hmm? Oh my summer? I spent that with Fiona.” I say, wondering what they had asked me.

    “We ask you what happen in Italy.” Yana spoke up, focusing on me with her baby blue eyes.

    “Oh yeah. We didn’t find him. Your dad thinks that either the report was fake or my dad actually wants to remain hidden.” I say, looking at Fiona.

    “That sucks. I know how much you want to find him. Anyway, I got burned so badly this summer, I was lobster red for a week. It hurt so bad…” Fiona carried on.

    I zoned out until she was finished talking, thinking about my father. Why on earth would he not want to be found? He didn’t want to see me?
    “I spent summer in Finland!” Yana said suddenly, breaking the hazy cloud in my mind.

    “What? Really? Lucky!” Fiona said, and Yana nodded.

    “I didn’t go since Finland is crawling with werewolves. Bad sign for me.” Emily piped up, her long black claw-like nail tapping at the screen of her iPhone.

    “So my parents have nice mansion in hills, but they say I cannot have friends over for party. Also John, my brother, has acting strange. I think he may have girlfriend!” Yana bubbled, and I grinned.

    John was the hottest guy I have had the fortune to lay my eyes on. Sweet mother he was hotter than hell. We had flirted when I first met him but we didn’t really connect afterwards. Besides, I was over him.

    “That’s awesome that you have a mansion. You have to promise me to take me there sometime.” Fiona said.

    “Do you mind if John be there?”

    “Mr. Eyecandy? I don’t mind at all.” She said, and I laughed.

    Suddenly Emily’s phone rang, a shrill shriek in the still library air that cut off my laughter. I jumped about a foot in the air while Emily picked up the call.

    “Hello? Yes this is she. Another one? Fantastic. Yeah, I’ll be right there. Don’t worry.” She said into the phone and pressed her finger against the screen, ending the call. “Damn rookie can’t trust me to be there.” She grumbled.

    “Another one?” Yana asked as Emily stood up, swinging her heavy leather bag onto her shoulder.

    “Yeah, this one on the outskirts of Ontario, in a small town called Warren. Yana, want to come?” Emily asked, and Yana stood up.

    “Whoa. Why does Yana get to go?” Fiona asked, jabbing her finger accusingly at her.

    “Because she has super speed and strength?” Emily asked, and Fiona folded her arms.

    “Not fair. I want to see a real vamp-on-vamp fight for once, not the Hollywood crap.” Fiona pouted, and Yana sighed and gave Emily a long look.

    “Damn it. Fine, you can come. But stay out of the way. Things can get bloody.” She said and Yana held out her hands like she was going to help us stand up. But as I grabbed her hand the room spun and the world around me blurred. It took me all my strength to not let go of Yana’s hand.

    Suddenly it stopped, and I realized we were standing on a roof. Cold wind whipped through my hair and Fiona and I shivered, the sudden cold baring down on us. It had been much warmer in the library.

    Emily looked over the edge of the roof and examined the scene. Then her legs bent like she was going to jump, but a pale hand grasped onto her arm.

    “Wait. We cannot let them die of hypothermia.” Yana said before unzipping her sweater and sliding it from her shoulders, revealing her white tank top. She must’ve been colder than me but she didn’t seem to show it.

    I caught the sweater and wrapped it around my arms, feeling the soft sparkly fabric warm my cold skin. Emily tossed her black leather jacket that she had around her waist to Fiona, who grabbed it and stared at it before slipping her arms into it.

    “Come on.” Emily said, grabbed Yana’s hand, and then jumped off the roof. Fiona and I scrambled over to see if they had died or not. Yana and Emily bent their knees as they hit the impact hard, still holding hands. Then they separated, and I looked down the street to see a tangle of skin the color of alabaster.

    “There.” I whisper, pointing at it. The vampires were moving so fast I couldn’t see anything but blurs of fabric and fangs and skin. Finally I saw two male vampires who had stopped moving to wipe the blood off their mouth. Looking at their feet, I saw a woman with blood trialing from her neck like ribbons.

    My stomach flopped, and I swallowed my panic and fear. Emily and Yana would do something, right?

    Suddenly I saw a flash of pale blond hair in the corner of my eye, and I looked down to see Yana walking with confidence towards the store across the street. The men eyed her with a predatory grin and my heart rate accelerated.

    Oh God no. Not Yana.

    The two men crossed to her and began to flirt with her. Yana smiled and tossed her hair over her shoulder, oblivious to the vampires in front of her.

    I watched as the men began to lead her into the mouth of an alley, and I was gulping for air. Fiona was so still with fright beside me that I couldn’t even tell if she was breathing or not. I wanted to jump off the roof to help Yana but I knew I would break my leg and that Emily would kill me for not obeying her.

    As soon as they were out of sight, the men turned on Yana, fangs out and eyes glinting. But then Yana whirled something at them, and I gasped as one of the men vanished, ash and a wooden stake dusted on the ground.

    Emily suddenly appeared, a flash of pale skin, black clothes, and red hair. The man turned towards her, shock etched onto his face as he realized an easy kill was suddenly not so easy after all.

    Then he exploded into a cloud of ashes, and in a second Yana and Emily were at my side again.

    “What did you think?” Emily asked, standing tall and proud as the cool wind made her hair snap.

    “That was…so awesome.” Fiona said, shaking her head as if she didn’t believe how awesome that was. “Exactly like a horror movie.”

    “Yeah I know right? That’s the awesome thing about my job. Fear wakes you up.”
    “You were afraid?” I ask.

    “Not really. I have that little human part that wants to run away screaming when I see a vampire still. But years of killing them really made me calm down.” She answered, and held out a hand to me as Yana held out one to Fiona.

    “Ready to go?” She asked, and I stared up into her hazel eyes before grasping her cool hand with my warm fingers.

    “Let’s go.” I whisper, and suddenly the world was a blur again.



© 2013 Lilith


Author's Note

Lilith
Review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 10, 2013
Last Updated on October 10, 2013
Tags: fiction, school, supernatural, vampires


Author

Lilith
Lilith

Mobile, AL



About
I'm interesting. Very interesting. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Chapter by Lilith


Feral Feral

A Chapter by Lilith


Gold Gold

A Book by Lilith