on change

on change

A Poem by ana

all good things come to an end. at some point you started to wake up on the couch, instead of your bed, when you fell asleep in the living room. just like that, you knew that things were about to change, for better or worse. growing up has its ups and downs, and you’ll realize that you’ll do almost everything for your younger self. you’ll ask your mom to braid your hair. you’ll hold your dads hand. you’ll respect every living thing and get mad at yourself when you don’t. you’ll put on a skirt and paint your nails. you’ll kiss your friends hands just because you want to. you’ll collect small, silly things like sea shells. you’ll eat cake and drink from a straw. you’ll dig your feet in the sand, but most importantly you’re also going to build new traditions, habits. you’ll keep your friends company while they smoke. you’ll give the boy you’re seeing a slice of the cake you baked. you’ll go to school, not as a student, but as the teacher. you’ll deal with loss. you’ll earn your own money. you’ll want to be on your own just as much as you’ll want to be near those you love. things will change but deep down you’ll remain soft, sweet, curious and brave, while you learn and experience new things, like when you were a kid. life can be complicated but really it’s a simple, beautiful thing. life is waiting for you to make the most out of it.

© 2023 ana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on February 26, 2023
Last Updated on February 26, 2023

Author

ana
ana

About
19 - visual arts student i write, sometimes. more..

Writing
the ocean the ocean

A Poem by ana


the final wreck the final wreck

A Poem by ana