Mysteries II

Mysteries II

A Poem by Maxinne Marie
"

Got the betrayed-warrior-turned-assassin idea from all the Warcraft Defense of the Ancients (DotA) playing I do.

"

 

Darkness engulfed the horizons. A hint of smile curved upon my lips as I thought of something I once believed to be real - the inexistent reality of you and me. For some time you became my mentor, my ally, my protector. I led battles with you by my side. In the end, I stood alone.

 

Yet, I could never allow myself to fall. I knew, somehow, that I did not need the one whom I believed was my hero. You could not save me. You were a lie. Everything about you, everything you did, everything you ever told me were all lies.

 

I finally realized how strong I was when I stopped trusting you. My power roused me. And I destroyed the nemesis.

 

I finally found that I was the only one who could save me.

 

You were my mentor, my ally, my protector. I loved you. But you turned out to be a lie. Veracity to you was a blinding light, and hiding from it was your strength. To me, it was weakness.

 

You are gone, betrayer - silenced by my own blade. All that was unspoken will be left unspoken. I do not need to know. I wish to be left in the dark, for in mystery, I find my freedom.

 

And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait. In the shadows, I stay. Betrayers will be silenced. For justice. For truth.

 

 

July 16, 2007 © Maxinne Marie

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it.
A little angsty, but still its ok.
"For justice. For truth"
I'm just wondering though if for a bit more of a hit at the end you could aim for more powerful words that meant truth and justice. I'm sorry but just feel it could be more. =)
But still I like it all the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i am not a gamer, nor do i know what warcraft is..
but somehow i saw the entire darkness of getting caught up
to the point where one is engrossed in it...
"Yet, I could never allow myself to fall. I knew, somehow, that I did not need the one whom I believed was my hero. You could not save me. You were a lie. Everything about you, everything you did, everything you ever told me were all lies. "

This spoke volumes...i am sure any person suffering from addiction could relate to this
the darkness....that becomes lie

Powerful piece!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's not a story. I didn't intend to do this with a twisted plot or whatever. It's a prose poem. ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


hmm I wouldn't call this a poem exactly but it's a very good like story.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All that was unspoken will be left unspoken. That is mystery. And I wish to be left in that mystery, in that darkness, for having to know anything else among those bitter memories will be a heart-piercing pain. ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Little angsty, little naiive, but a rather satisfying read, especially towards the end. Don't exactly know what it has to do with mysteries, but still an ok read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A Mentor is a guide - not the ultimate of all wisdom and fortitude. They, too, are human. They too were taught by humans, and have frailties like the rest of us. They fail, like we might also someday fail. It is the fate of all students to surpass their teachers because they consume the mentors knowledge and skills, and add them to their own - giving them twice the advantage. I am sorry you were left bitter, and I pray that someday when you are chosen to be followed, you do a better job of standing up to your students expectations as your Mentor.
This was a great composition. Your feelings came out clear and sharp. A very entertaining read!



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I, too, was an avid Warcraft player for a time and absolutely feel this poem in that world. Your poem has me reminiscing over running my toon out and about in that world. Argh! I miss it! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I used to be quite the avid Warcraft player. It was my life. Sounds like a rogue merging and blending with the shadows in search of her own justice.

So many lines of this piece just jumped off the page:

And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait. In the shadows, I stay. Betrayers will be silenced.
Sounds like vicious fun!

Thanks for sharing it. It was a spectacular read

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm a gamer too and I really like this.

And now, with a wicked little smile, I wait. In the shadows, I stay. Betrayers will be silenced.
Sounds like vicious fun!

This writing is an adventure in itself. Entertaining read. :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

My goodness, I think this poem describes perfectly a situation I experienced a while ago... I definitely can relate to this poem. I love it.

" For some time you became my mentor, my ally, my protector. I led battles with you by my side. In the end, I stood alone."

Just awesome. Thanks for sharing this with me!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 22, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo