Know How To DIY  A Feather Chain.

Know How To DIY A Feather Chain.

A Story by SchumanFeathers
"

Feathers have been used in various ways and they come in various sizes, shape, and color and can be used as centerpieces in homes and at weddings, used to make fashion accessories such as earings.

"

Feathers have been used in various ways and they come in various sizes, shape, and color and can be used as centerpieces in homes and at weddings, used to make fashion accessories such as earings and neck chains, make carnival costumes etc.

Feather chains are a hit in the fashion industry and are great for parties or as a festival or costume piece. They are seen as stunning when they are worn either on the head or on the neck or wrist. Although they are sold in various jewelry shops, it is very easy to make your own unique and eye-catching feather chain. Depending on your likes, you can make a chain with just one feather plume or a number of feathers.

To make a peacock feather neck chain you would need:

  1. peacock feathers

  2. Paper

  3. Pencil

  4. Scissors

  5. Glue gun

  6. Stiff felt

  7. Needle and thread

  8. A new chain or get an old one.

Start by trimming the wispy like ends of the top of three feathers and cut off the stem just below the eye.

Arrange the feathers in a design that you would want them to appear and place them on the paper. Trace the pattern and when you remove the feathers and place them on the side in the exact order you had them on the paper pattern.

Draw a line inside the current outline following the shape of the original outline which should be about 1/8 of an inch from the original one. Then cut the inside pattern shape.

Using the cut out paper pattern, cut out the felt backing. Place the feathers on top of the felt making sure that you don’t get to see any of the felt when the feathers have been placed in position but don’t attach them yet.

Place the chain in the middle center aligned with the top center of the felt and sew the chain in place. Next make the chain and moves one side to the left top corner and sew in place and repeat the same on the other side.

Next, take the glue gun and put a thin layer on one side of the felt and carefully place the feather.

Next place the other side feather and the middle feather too. The glue gun should be hot and take the tip and place it right on the felt and move it around the area. You also need to be careful when placing the feathers because you can’t move them once they have touched the glue. If there are any gaps, don’t worry because they will be covered by the last two feathers

Next trim the remaining two feathers, but closer to the eye. On the back side, put a bead of glue along the stem and place them over the felt to cover the areas.

To make a feather chain with many feathers such as the pheasant feathers, you would need:

  1. Enough chain depending on where you want to place the chain.

  2. Small pliers

  3. Jewelry rings and clamps,

  4. Scissors

  5. Beads

  6. Feather plumes

  7. Make a ring by joining the chain

Depending on the colors that you want, group 2 or 3 feathers together and use the jewelry clamp to hold them together. You can choose to complement the color so that it stands out.

Use the scissors to trim any fluffy ends as it makes it easier for the feathers to be clamped together.

Attach the clamped fathers to the small jewelry ring in your preferred position and this will make it easy to attach them to the chain.

Pass the chain in between the rings and use the florist wire to attach beads to the end of the chain

If you are looking for where to look to buy feathers and of different shapes,sizes and colors,then visit Schuman Feathers. They are wholesale feathers suppliers who sell high quality feathers at affordable prices.

© 2017 SchumanFeathers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 16, 2017
Last Updated on January 16, 2017
Tags: pheasant feathers, feather plumes, peacock feathers, turkey feathers, where to buy feathers, wholesale feathers suppliers

Author

SchumanFeathers
SchumanFeathers

miami, FL



About
Schuman Feathers compliments fashion, crafts and fishing by offering nature’s most beautifulproduct- Feathers! Whether you want to manufacture wedding table centrepieces or beautify stage shows .. more..

Writing