Top Ways To Preserve The Charm of Natural Feather Dresses and Products

Top Ways To Preserve The Charm of Natural Feather Dresses and Products

A Story by SchumanFeathers
"

let us learn some simple ways to preserve the charm of your feather costumes and feather products.

"

Be it the Carnival celebrations, prom celebrations, party events, or fun Carnival parades, natural feathers are employed in wholesale to make appealing and eye-catching feather dresses that could help you earn the attention you desire. But, being a natural thing of beauty, feathers needs to be kept and cleaned carefully and regularly to preserve their looks as your costume highlight. With this, the Natural Peacock Feathers and the Ostrich Feathers are also used for making adorable feather products, which happen to fade out their charm with time, if not preserved and cleaned correctly.

 

So having done so much of research on where to buy feathers from and spending on the grand feather dresses, let us learn some simple ways to preserve the charm of your feather costumes and feather products-

1) You Can Preserve Natural Feathers Using the Salt Water Method

An inexpensive and effective method to clean your feather products and bows is by the salt water method. Feather products made of Goose Products or Ostrich Feathers can be restored to their original condition by this method. You need to prepare a saturated salt solution using driveway salt and lukewarm water and place the feather object in the solution for about a week. After a week you need to preen the feather product using Woolite soap in order to recondition the feathers. Finally, the feathers are blown dry along with gentle preening to regain its ideal shape.

2) Banish Any Unwanted Odor From Your Natural Feather Garment Using The Pillowcase Method

For removing any unwanted odor from your feather covered garments you can gently place it in an appropriate pillowcase and add about 2 to 3 anti-static fresh dryer sheets to it. You need to keep it for about a day and the anti-static sheets will absorb the unwanted smell from the garment, restoring the natural feathers back to their natural essence.

3) Re-Fluff Ostrich Feathers and Natural Peacock Feathers By Steaming

Ostrich feathers are used in wholesale for making feather costumes along with Goose feathers and can often lose their fluffiness and looks after a certain amount of time. Agitating and steaming can help you restore the feathers on your feather products and garments to their natural fluffy and appealing looks. For this, you need to rub the feathers on your feather products gently but firmly between your hands to remove the feather flu and free the individual feather strands. Then for steaming you can prepare boiling water in a pot and cover the pot about 90 percent to direct the steam to your feather garment or product carefully for some minutes in all directions. This steam will add back the lost moisture of the feathers and add to their natural fluffy nature.

4) Wash Your Natural Peacock or Ostrich Feather Garments Using The Soapy Water Method

Firstly, you need to note that the feathers of the same color and same species can be washed together in order to maintain the feather dye shade. To apply the soapy water method you need to first prepare a soap water solution by dissolving liquid dish soap in water and then you need to swirl the natural feather garment in the solution for several minutes. Meanwhile, you should be sure that you are handling the feathers on the garment or product as gently as possible. After this, the feather dress is removed from the solution and is rinsed in cold water. The feather garment is then dried in natural air for some time after which it can be blown dry.   

 

The effective and simple cleaning methods that we have discussed above can surely help you to preserve the glow of your Ostrich and Goose feather dresses and products and increase their life. With this, if you are searching where to buy feathers from this Carnival season or for your decoration purposes, you can check out our exclusive natural feather range at -https://www.schumanfeathers.com/. 

© 2017 SchumanFeathers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 12, 2017
Last Updated on June 12, 2017
Tags: natural feathers,  natural peacock feathers,  where to buy feathers,  ostrich feathers, goose feathers, feather dresses, crafts

Author

SchumanFeathers
SchumanFeathers

miami, FL



About
Schuman Feathers compliments fashion, crafts and fishing by offering nature’s most beautifulproduct- Feathers! Whether you want to manufacture wedding table centrepieces or beautify stage shows .. more..

Writing