Chapter Four-Both Lexi and Doctor's POV

Chapter Four-Both Lexi and Doctor's POV

A Chapter by Kimtomcat13

Chapter Four-Doctor’s POV

“Danced between planets; forgot my destination.” Logan Ashadar

_________________________________________________________________________

I couldn’t surpress a grin as I watched Lexi carry her bags onboard the TARDIS. We had stopped at her apartment so she could pack, lock her door, foreward her home phone to her cell which I would super charge later, and pay her bills for the next three months just incase. She had packed eight pairs of jeans, six mini skirts, 20 tank tops, two sweaters, two dresses, seven pairs of leggings, three big nightshirts, 6 pairs of “booty shorts”, two pairs of PJ pants, four sleep T-shirts, two high heels, six flip flops, and, much to my pleasant surprise, nine pairs of converse.

“Ready?” She asked breathlessly with a wide grin plastered on her face.

I forced my grin down into a more serious expression. I had to make sure that she knew what she was getting herself into. I had promised myself I wouldn’t force her to make this choice, but something in me had broken when she had come after me because I relised that it ment she had no one else.

“Are you sure about this?” I asked her from my spot leaning against the consol. “This is a dangerous life. You’ve heard some of the things that have happened, and I’d hate for anyth-”

“Hey!” She excalmed cutting me off, “I made my choice and I’m coming with you. Now shut up and show me something so cool I won’t believe it in the morning.”

I had to grin at that. No matter how depressed I was that I was doing this again, dragging another blissfully unaware human around time and space, something about her happy go lucky aditude and I don’t care what life throws at me outlook on life was refreshing.

I like the way you never sleep
And the promises you never keep
I like the way you say hello
And make it sound like time to go

I like the scar above your lip
The way you make your feelings slip
But their never what you feel
Oh so fake but so completly real

“I absolutely promise to blow you away on your first adventure.” I promised her, “But It’s late for you. I’ll help you get you bags into your new room and you should get to bed.” I walked over to her and her pile of bags. I picked two up and started walking down the hallway to the spareroom that used to be Rose’s. I had given up trying to keep it intact incase she ever came back. She wouldn’t come back now, even if she could.

I opened the door and dropped the bags, scanning the room, memories flooded back.

Really though, Doctor. Tell me. Who are you? “

Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it, the turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And, if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home.”

I shook my head to clear the painful memories. When had my life become like this? One adventure after another, one distraction here, another companion there. For what? To stop the hurting? No, the hurting would never stop completely, only dull. No amount of distractions could make it go away. Just another companion to lose, more pain and memories.

Turning to Lexi I forced a brilliant smile and said, “Here you go! Tuck in! I’ll go brainstorm for a great time and place to go.”

I sarted to leave when she stopped me.

“Doctor?”

“Yes?”

“Night.”

“Technically it isn’t night because we are in the Time Vortex and the Time Vortex is ouside of time, but good night to you too.”

She just gave me a huge smile, and all of a sudden all of the pain and hurt was worth it. I was about to close the door when I remembered something important and popped my head back in.

“Oh and Lexi?”

“Yes?” She replied looking up from her clothes she was unfolding.

“Past or Future?”

“Surprise me.”

I had told myself I wouldn’t go back there. That I wouldn’t make myself feel that way ever again. I had been so good about it lately. I hadn’t gone more than once when Donna was traveling with me. But seeing her again and losing her all over again, I had to go.

I didn’t fall down this time as the TARDIS landed smoothly, probably being careful to not disturb Lexi who was probably asleep by now. I grabbed my coat, slipped out the doors, and walked the familiar hallways still empty since the invasion. I turned and stopped. Just the sight of it still gave me a shiver and made my heart hurt.

“How long are you going to stay with me?

“Forever.”

Gulping and just barely holding back the tears that threatened to spill from my eye, I walked over to the big, whit wall and pressed my left hand flat against it just like I had that fateful day. Allowing the memories I had repressed to flow back, lent forward, resting my forehead on the wall that sometimes seemed like the only thing that separated them. Sometimes she seemed as far away as Gallifrey.

I made my choice a long time ago. I'm never leaving you.”

The tears began to fall.

“Rose.” I gasped out before sliding down the wall and sitting at it’s base sobbing.

Am I ever going to see you again?“


“You can't.”

What are you going to do?“


“I've got the TARDIS. Same old life. The last of the Time Lords.”

On your own?”

I like the rules that don't apply
And make the good things
Pass you by
Standing here without a plan
Thats why your such a happy man

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 Coutinued-Lexi’s POV

I woke up and smiled as I remember I wasn’t in my apartment, but instead inside a Time Machine owned by a crazy alien man who was going to show me all of space and time. I got up, threw on some jeans and a hot pink tank top, and ran down the hallway expecting to see The Doctor waiting for me. He wasn’t. Hmm…Maybe he was sleeping too. Did Time Lords sleep?

The weird blue light was still and the sound of machinery was missing, so I assumed we had landed, or appeared, or whatever this crazy, amazing, wonderful machine did. I carefully opened the double doors and peered out. I was in a hallway. I slipped out the door and closed it behind me. I wandered down a hallway and into an office area, then I found what looked like some sort of lab or research center. Eventually I turned another corner and found something I didn’t expect to see.

Looming in front of me was a huge, completely white wall, and even more confusing, I found a slumped Doctor lying at the bottom of the wall.

I walked over to his hunched form quietly and placing a hand on his shoulder, I whispered,

“Doctor?”

His snapped up and he turned. His face was stained with tears and his eyes red from rubbing memories away.

“Hello.” He said trying to convice me he was fine. He wasn’t fooling anyone.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying because of a wall?”

“It’s in my way?” He offered.

“You have a time machine that can apear wherever or whenever you want.”

“Oh, right, well….let’s go do that then.” He stood up.

“Doctor. Talk to me or take me home.” He stopped. I leant back against the wall as if to show him that I wasn’t moving until he talked. I wasn’t expecting him to grab my wrist and yank me off it, pulling me close to him into a hug.

“Careful! I’m not losing you to that stupid wall too.” He mumbled into my hair. I hugged him back really tight before untangling myself from his arms. I just met the guy after all.

“Tell me.”

“It’s a really, really long story.”

“I think we have the time.”

I wanna make some changes
I want my money back
I wanna start up with you
I wanna talk to strangers
I wanna be with you
But I just dont know
Where or When

-Notes: Song: Weird-By: Hilary Duff-Quote by:Logan Ashdar-Taken from The Descussion Board on Writers’ Window-



© 2009 Kimtomcat13


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on February 11, 2009


Author

Kimtomcat13
Kimtomcat13

MI



About
Hey, Here are some important things about me: 1) I read, like, 6 books a week. 2) When I write, I know how I want the story to end, but I have trouble getting there, be patient with me. please. .. more..

Writing