'Part 1: Welcome to Pelf' sneak peek

'Part 1: Welcome to Pelf' sneak peek

A Chapter by Sarah J Dhue
"

the sneak peek for Part 1 of Demented.

"

     Nate looked down the hall and saw Richardson speaking with another man in a suit.  He began down the hall, curious.

     “No sir, I was in my room from 10:30 until you called.  I think she’s just confused about what she saw, after all it was so late, she must’ve been dead tired; you know, not in her right mind.”

     “Thank you for your time, Doctor,” the man went to join his partner.  Nate saw the door to the security checkpoint was open and Nurse Norris was sitting just inside.  She looked as if she’d been crying and was shaking her head slowly and staring at the floor.  He looked around the hall; it was beginning to fill with curious doctors who had been disturbed.  In the crowd he spotted Dean Miller surveying the scene, his hands on his hips, frowning pensively.  He looked up, his eyes meeting Nate’s.  Dean lifted an eyebrow, cocking his head to look past Nate.  Nate turned to see the men enter the security office, exiting once more within what couldn’t have been more than a couple of minutes.

     “Sorry for wasting your time, Doctor, we just have to take every call seriously.  Protocol and all,” one of the suited men said, shaking Richardson’s hand.

     “I understand, not a problem at all gentlemen.”

     Nate looked back at Dean.  Dean watched the men leave, then sighed, and glanced back at Nate before exiting the wing.  Norris walked out of the security checkpoint, still appearing to be in a daze.  The other doctors had begun returning to their rooms to get dressed in proper work attire and Richardson was nowhere to be seen.  He walked towards Nurse Norris, he had to know what all this was about.

     “Norris,” she turned to him, “What in the world is going on?”

     She looked into his eyes; he could tell she’d been crying again, “Oh, Nate… it was terrible.  I saw it… I saw it with my own two eyes, but nobody believes me.”

     “What?  Norris, what did you see?”

     “Dr. Richardson… I was up checking the patient dosages when I heard someone get off the elevator.  So I walked down the hall and saw a light on in one of the therapy rooms… then I heard someone cry out and when I opened the door, there was Dr. Richardson, electrodes attached to his head… he-” her voice cracked, “He was performing electro conclusive treatments on himself.  I… I backed up, knocking something over and he saw me, but his… his eyes weren’t right.”



© 2012 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012


Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing