'Part 2: It's Spreading' sneak peek

'Part 2: It's Spreading' sneak peek

A Chapter by Sarah J Dhue
"

the sneak peek for Part2 of Demented

"

     The young guard shined the light around the bathroom.  His name tag read ‘A. Rousseau.’  He was scared he might actually find what he was looking for; William Redmoor.  The man that had killed his wife and daughter.  Yes, he’d heard the story.  He faced all the stalls, “Anyone in here?”  He heard nothing but the echo of his own voice.

     He heard something move and jumped at his own reflection.  But there was something else in the mirror.  A tall, dark figure.  Although dressed from head to toe in black, Rousseau recognized the man’s stature as Dr. Richardson’s.

     “Oh, Doctor-” he turned and froze when there was no one behind him.  He turned back to the mirror and saw only himself, “Dr. Richardson?”

     He turned to his right as he heard someone begin to cry in the far stall.  He approached the door slowly.

     “Hello?  It-it’s alright.  I’m not going to hurt you.  I want to help,” he opened the door.  At first, darkness.  Then a face emerged, with sickly wrinkled skin, white wisps of hair, and small eyes, “Come on, get up-” Rousseau extended his hand.  The face stopped crying all at once and became angry.  It cried out in rage and spit in his face.

     “Wait, no, ah, what the hell!?” Rousseau couldn’t see, black ink-like substance had splashed into his eyes.  He began to curse in French, trying to clean out his eyes and taking steps backwards.  Finally he opened his eyes.

     He looked into the eyes of a new face, large yellow ones with a single black slash for a pupil.  The skin was mauve and almost scaly.  The hair was wild and dark.  Rousseau reached out in front of him to grab the face’s arm.  But there was no arm.  He put both hands in front of him.  Not only was there no arm, there was no body.  He felt a warm wetness spreading across his pants and sweat running down his face, gathering around his lips.  The face let out a scream, blood curdling and Rousseau cried out as white sharp teeth and a dark spear-like tongue flew at his face.



© 2012 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 3, 2012


Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing