"Part VI: Part V Continuing

"Part VI: Part V Continuing

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha
"

Picks up where the other left off

"

Part VI: Part V Continuing

They arrive at the station and head to the back where Aaron gets fingerprinted and the brothers are brought into another room. “Ok, so since you’re a cop and you didn’t report him-“ He points to Sydd, “I’m going to have to write you up for insubordination, and I’ll let your captain deal with you, you’re going to have to report this little incident to him. I will call to make sure that you do as well. Sydd, because you’re currently on parole, you’re going back into the pen to serve out the rest of your sentence-“

“Wait!” Leon says.

“What?”

“How about I turn him into my captain when I turn myself in? After all, he’s our problem, not yours.”

“I beg to differ since we’re state police, and he was involved in a state case.”

“Listen, he’s actually starting to get his life back together, he’s got a job, and he’s still adjusting.”

“So he gets out, and not even a month on parole and he’s already buying drugs?”

“To be fair, it’s just weed. It’s not like its coke or heroin or anything. That, and it’s a small amount, a misdemeanor.”

“Alright fine, but I’m gonna check in to make sure you do your job and do what you promised.”

“Deal.” They hear a knock and turn around.

“Yes?”

“I’m taking this one to get blood work done.”, his partner tells him as Aaron is handcuffed in front of him.

“Alright. You two, get out of my face and wait in the lobby for someone to pick you up.” So Leon and Sydd go into the lobby and Leon steps outside to make a couple of calls. He comes back in and sits next to Sydd. An hour and a half later, Aaron returns. He takes a seat next to Leon.

“You alright bro?” Leon asks.

“I just- I- What are we waiting for?”

“I called for rides for us.”

“Who?”

“The girls.”

“S**t. Um, I’ve been charged with DUI, how’d you guys fare?”

“I gotta turn us in to my boss.”

“Ooh, that’s gonna be rough.”

“So, how did they react?”

“Well, Gabby sounded ok, but then again, she’ll probably let me have it. And, I could hear irritation in Vanessa’s voice.”

“Damn. When did you call them?”

“Like, ten minutes after you left.”

“What the hell is taking so long?”

“Well, Vanessa had to drop Gabby off at my house so she could get my car, and considering its three in the morning now, they probably don’t want to-“, just then, the girls arrive, take care of the paperwork and Vanessa takes the keys from the cop on the other side of the counter.

“Let’s go.” Vanessa says. So, the five of them leave the station and go into their separate cars.

“So, are you mad?” Aaron asks Vanessa.

“No, I’m disappointed.”

“Oh.”

“What the hell were you doing driving drunk?”

“I wasn’t, I was high.”

“So why were you driving high?”

“I wasn’t even high!”

“You just said you were.”

“That’s- no, that’s what I was charged with.”

“So you weren’t high, but charged with DWI?”

“Yes. Look babe, I came down before I left the party cause I knew I’d be driving.”

“Well, regardless, it was highly irresponsible of you.”

“I’m sorry babe.”

“Mmhmm.”

“Oh, um, I could pick up my car tomorrow.”

“I’m sure Leon will take you.”

“Really? Not even!”

“Don’t you ‘really? Not even!’ me! You’re the one who fucked up, not me!”

“I’m sorry babe.”

“Whatever.” Meanwhile, Sydd and Leon get into Leon’s car and Gabriella turns on the car.

“Are you mad?” Leon asks.

“Did you get in trouble?” she asks calmly.

“I don’t know, I have to tell my boss tomorrow, so probably.”

“Well, lemme how that goes then.”

“You didn’t answer me.”

“Well… you could’ve been smarter. You’re a cop, you should know better.”

“None of this would’ve happened if he hadn’t smelled Sydd’s weed.”

“So you have no charges against you?”

“No.”

“That makes me feel a little bit better.” Leon decides to wait a couple of hours until about seven in the morning before heading down to the station. He walks in and approaches his captain.

“Can I talk to you privately?”

“Sure.” They step into the captain’s office and he shuts the door.

“There was… an incident a few hours ago.”

“Oh? What kind of incident?” he asks with his eyebrow slightly raised and arms folded.

“My friend got arrested for a DUI and my brother was arrested for possession of two grams of weed while I was in the backseat of the car. The state trooper that took us in left my fate and my brother’s fate to you.”

“Well, you technically weren’t on duty, you weren’t charged, and this is the month for your vacation. Since they don’t know you are on vacation, I’ll tell them you were suspended for a month. Your brother on the other hand has violated his parole, so he’s going to have to go back in.”

“Look, I know it looks bad for him, but he’s actually trying. He kicked the hard stuff, has a job, is competent, properly medicated, and is looking to start his life.”

The captain looks at him sternly and says, “Ok, since it was only a little bit, I’ll let it go. However, for your friend, he’s going to be prosecuted.”

“Okay.”

“Ok? Is that all?”

“Yes sir.”

     “Oh, one more stunt like this, and you will be stripped of your authority and your brother goes to jail. Understand?”

“Yes sir.”

“Out of my office.”

“Yes sir.” Leon leaves the precinct and goes home, shortly after, he passes out on the bed. He wakes up several hours later with Gabriella shaking him awake. “Huwuhh?”

“How ya feeling?”

“Well, I slept for- holy s**t! Thirteen hours? Ughh…”

“Yeah, I tried calling, but you didn’t answer, so I came over. Sydd let me in.”

“What’s up?”

“Well… I was wondering if I could, maybe move in with you.”

“WHAT?? Are you sure???”

“Well, hear me out, you’re obviously stressed, and need someone to help balance you out, especially after what happened this morning. I love you Leon, and I want to help you.”

“What about Vanessa?”

“Well, that’s another reason, Aaron is going to move in with her since whatever he gets paid at the shop isn’t enough for bills or anything, and his contacts for his gigs dried up after what happened last time you guys performed… ”

“Oh, s**t, I barely remember that.”

“Yeah, he said you were pretty messed up.”

“You’re right, I need someone to balance me out, just as everyone does, but after what happened with Charlotte…”

“I’m not Charlotte, I’m not a manipulative b***h who will constantly have one hand on your heart while holding a knife in the other.”

“Alright, you know what? F**k it. Let’s go for it, you can move right in here as soon as you want.”

“Oh! I love you!” she runs up and gives him a hug and a kiss. Sydd comes up the stairs. “Oh, whoops, sorry. I just came up to remind you that group starts in a half hour, so we gotta go soon.” Sydd says.

“Oh, thanks for reminding me, give me like, five more minutes?”

“Babe, just go, I’ll have dinner ready when you come home.” Leon says, and gives her a smile.

“Ok, babe.” She gives him another kiss and she and Sydd get into the car and head to group. After group, Sydd asks Gabriella to hold on. He walks up to Vera.

“Hey, you wanna, I don’t know, grab a bite to eat or something some time?”

“Nope, not there yet.” And she leaves.

“You ready?” Gabriella asks.

“Nah, you know what, I’ll meet ya at home, and I’ll catch the bus."

She drives away waving goodbye, Sydd starts to walk down the street and heads into a restaurant , where, as soon as he opens the door, is hit in the forehead with a cell phone.

“Ow! What the hell?” A still sobbing, short stocky woman with long, straight blond hair walks up to him and picks up the cell phone.

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t expecting anyone to be walking in the door the same time I threw my phone.”

“It’s quite alright.”

“No, no, that’s not right, how about I buy you your meal?”

“Can I join you at the table?”

“Sure.” She smiles, “My name is Shirley.”

“Sydd, nice to um, meet you.”

“I wish it was under better circumstances.”

“It’s alright.”

“So, if I may ask, what was your b***h fest about?”

“Oh, my a*****e boyfriend.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah, he’s been sending me very violent and threatening texts, and with the way his mind works, he might actually go through with it.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, I’ve ‘walked into doors’ and ‘fell down the stairs’ so many times, I just-“and she starts to tear up again. Oh, I’m sorry; I shouldn’t bother you with this.”

“No, no, it’s alright, you’re going through a lot, I understand.”

“No, no, it’s not right.”

“Believe me Shirley, it’s ok. Can I walk you home?”

“Yeah, ok. My boyfriend’s out drinking with his friends anyway.” She goes to pay the bill, but Sydd stops her and pays for it himself. “I told you I’d take care of it; after all, I owe you for bombing you in the forehead with my cell phone.”

“It’s not a big deal, really. Now come on, lemme take you home.” They walk down the streets making small talk until they reach her house. “Hey, can I have your number? In case you wanna talk or something?”

“Yeah, sure.” She writes down her number and hands it to him. “Bye.” She walks into the house and Sydd walks to the nearest bus stop. Meanwhile, Leon is packing his car with some of Gabriella’s stuff.

“Well, it’s getting dark out, we should finish tomorrow.” Gabriella says.

“Sure, babe, whatever you wanna do.” Leon says. They both get into the car and drive home. When they arrive, Sydd is walking down the street, just getting off the bus. “Ha, cool, we made it all home at the same time!”

“What’s up, bro?”

“Just got home.”

“Cool.”

“Help unpack the car.”

“Gabby’s moving in?”

“Yup.”

“Oh, well. That was fast.” He raises an eyebrow and heads toward the car.  The next week, Sydd gives Shirley a call. “Hey, how are ya doin today?”

“I’m a little better, he’s passed out on the couch since he’s so hung over.”

“Oh, well, you wanna go to the park or something? Go for a walk?”

“Yeah, sure.” He hangs up his phone and heads over to the park where he waits about fifteen minutes before she shows up.

“Oh hey, ya made it.”

“Hey what’s up?”

“Nothing really, today’s my day off from work, so might as well enjoy it.”

“Oh? Where do you work?”

“Redmart.”

“Oh, I love going there, they’re so cheap.”

“Yeah, but you don’t wanna work there, it’s horrible.”

“Oh… ok, I’ll keep that in mind then.”

“Yeah, so, I know we’ve only known each other for a week, but I gotta ask, why are you with this a*****e if he treats you like s**t?”

“Well, we’ve been together for four years, I can’t just leave him, I love him.”

“Well, that’s… but… he beats you and calls you names and makes you feel worthless. How can you love or stay with someone like that?”

She pauses, looks down, and then looks directly at him. “I’m afraid.”

“Ya know, just for the record, I would never do that to you.”

“I don’t know that, you could just be saying that.”

“No, seriously, I wouldn’t.”

“Look, you seem like a nice guy, but I’m staying with John.  You’re just…a guy. A friend.”

“But why would you-“

“Just drop it already!”

“Ok, ok already, I’m sorry.”

“Look, if you have nothing else to talk about than my dirty laundry, I’m just going to go home.” She turns around and walks away.

     “Wait!” She turns around.

“What now?”

“What if I meet him?”

“Why the hell do you want to meet him?”

“Maybe I can get him involved in something other than drinking all the time and get to know him, see if I can help him.”

“Why do you care anyway?”

“I-I don’t know, I hate to see people in pain… Even though I’ve caused a lot to other people.” He says to himself.

“What, are you like, a therapist or something?”

“No, but if I show him that there’s other things than drinking all the time and slip in conversations about you, get into his head a little bit, I could see if I could get him to treat you better.”

“Eh, it’s worth a shot, he can’t treat me any worse than he does now. Come around seven o’clock on Wednesday.” She turns around and leaves.

On his way home, Sydd’s cell phone goes off. “What? Yea, I guess.” He hops on the bus and gets on. He gets dropped off at his house and he takes a shower and puts on his uniform. He smokes a half a bowl and heads out the door. He walks a couple of blocks before he arrives at Redmart.

“You’re five minutes late.” Lori, a short older woman with black hair and glasses tells Sydd.

“Well-“

“I don’t wanna hear it, Joe called off today, and people have been using their vacation days lately, so we’re shorthanded. You’re working cashier today, and I can tell you’re high, so snap the f**k out of it. You’re dealing with people today, if you’re too stoned to work, you’re f*****g fired, got it?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Now get the f**k to work… f*****g piece of s**t drug addict.” She mutters to herself as she walks away. Sydd stares and watches her walk away.

“F*****g b***h.” He mutters to himself. He goes and gets his drawer, counts it and sets up his station. “Oh hey, Sandra.” Sydd says to the cashier next to him.

“Hey Sydd.” Sandra, a tall, chunky girl with long, black curly hair and glasses says to Sydd.

“Still not a teacher yet?”

“No, apparently, schools won’t take lower than a Master’s these days.”

“What’s taking so long? It’s been like, eight years since high school; I thought you’d be outta here by now.”

“I’m not too proficient at math…”

“Oh…do you still talk to Samson?”

“Not really, though the last I heard, he just came back from being stationed in Iraq a few months ago.”

“I wonder if the experience changed him?”

“Eh, it’ll probably be something else to brag about…a*****e.”

“I wonder if he’d talk to me…”

“Not sure that would be a good idea…”

“Oh, speaking of ex-boyfriends, I’ve been meaning to tell you, I heard about Jack.”

“That happened a little over four years ago, Sydd.”

“Yeah, I was in jail though.”

“How brain damaged are you? You were there.”

“What? No I wasn’t!”

“Yes you were, blood splattered onto your clothes, how do you not remember that?”

“I- wow, I must be because I don’t remember that at all.”

“Yeah, I heard what you did to Janis.”

“Oh, uh, yeah…”

“Why’d ya do it?”

“I was in a state of mind where I couldn’t control myself. I didn’t want to, but I was in a rage.”

“I know you didn’t do it on purpose, my friends thought you were always evil, but I know you didn’t mean any of it, except maybe for that fight with Samson back in high school…”

“I don’t remember that except for waking up in the hospital and him not bothering me for the rest of the time I was in school…”

“Hi! Welcome to Redmart…” Sandra gets some customers. Sydd tries to keep himself busy and gets through the day as normal and goes home. The next morning, he gets up, takes a shower, smokes half a bowl, gets dressed and goes to work. He arrives and sees his boss is there again.

“S**t.” He punches in and heads to the back room where he starts loading a cart full of boxes and heads to an aisle to start stocking. He does this for a good four hours, when halfway through his shift, he’s stocking some ketchup on a shelf. An older woman walks up to him.

“Excuse me, can you tell me where the ketchup is?”

Sydd gestures towards the shelf and sarcastically says, “Gee, I don’t know! Oh, I wonder where that ketchup is, oh, wait, it’s right here!” The customer gets mad and yanks the ketchup off the shelf, puts it in her cart and goes about her business. “Dumb b***h.” He says to himself. He continues his work and finishes his day and punches out. On his way out the door, his boss stops him.

“We just got a call from corporate, and there was a customer complaint about you.”

“What did I do now?”

“You insulted a customer today who was looking for ketchup by being sarcastic.”

“To be fair, she walked down at least five feet worth of ketchup before she asked me.”

“She’s blind in her left eye, which happened to be the same side the ketchup was on.”

“I didn’t know-“

“I don’t wanna hear any excuses, you’re fired.”

“But-“

“Now! Get the f**k out of my store!” she yells. Sydd angrily stomps out of the store and starts screaming and punching the brick wall outside before he loses all feeling in his hand, bleeding. He walks home, gets undressed, turns on the TV and smokes a bowl. Leon walks by the room and stops and knocks on the wall.

“What’s up bro?” Sydd asks.

“How was work?” Leon asks.

“I got fired.”

“What the f**k dude???”

“Look, it was my fault, but I honestly didn’t think I’d get fired for it.”

“What the hell did you do?”

“I was sarcastic.”

“She seriously fired you for that?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you, except you’d better get your a*s moving on finding a job, because if you don’t, you’re gonna find yourself outta here.”

“Where the hell would I even go?”

“That’s your problem, not mine.”

“But I-“

“I don’t wanna hear any excuses, that job was a favor so you could get yourself back on your feet, so now it’s all up to you. You have thirty days starting today.” The following Wednesday, Sydd keeps his appointment with Shirley. He walks up to the door, knocks, and she answers.

“Welcome, Sydd. This is my boyfriend Jonathan.” A tall, fat guy with short hair and glasses shakes Sydd’s hand.

“Nice to meet you, Sydd.” Jonathan says, and raises an eyebrow as if he recognizes him.

“Nice to meet you too, Jonathan.” Sydd walks into the house and they have dinner. Halfway through, Jonathan addresses Shirley.

“Babe?” Jonathan says.

“What?” Shirley asks.

“Our guest’s beer is almost empty and I don’t see a second one ready for him.”

“No, that’s ok, one is enough for me, I’m not much of a drinker, I have a different poison.” Sydd says.

“Oh, no, I insist. Shirley, get up off of your fat a*s and get another f*****g beer.”

“No, I don’t want any trouble, I’ll uh, get it myself.” Sydd stands up and heads towards the fridge. He reaches in for the beer and grabs it when he hears a slap. He turns around and heads to the table and sits down. He looks across the table and sees Shirley rubbing her cheek and Jonathan looking annoyed.

“Look at that, you made our guest do things himself when you’re perfectly capable of doing it, you lazy b***h.”

“Ok, come on, that’s not really fair. I didn’t even want another one in the first place, but you insisted. I got it myself to avoid trouble, and to save her the trouble of doing something I’m totally capable of doing myself.”

“It’s my f*****g house, so whatever I say goes.”

“There’s no reason to be a dick about it.”

“Oh, I’m a dick? You’re the one who was invited over to hang out, have dinner, and this is how you act?”

“I just think that what you’re doing to her-“

“And who the f**k are you to judge? You know nothing about our f*****g relationship.” He turns to Shirley, “Oh, and hey, great job letting a murderer in our house, you stupid f**k.”

“A murderer? Sydd, is this true?” Shirley asks.

“Not-it was an accident.” Sydd says.

“You killed someone?” Shirley asks.

“Yeah, he killed his ex-girlfriend a few years ago. I recognized him from the mug shot on the news. Pregnant ex-girlfriend, just throwing that out there.”

“Get the f**k out of my house Sydd! NOW!”

“But-“ Sydd cuts in.

“NOW!” she interrupts. Sydd gets up to leave, and as he reaches the front door, he hears screaming.

“HOW COULD YOU LET A F*****G MURDERER IN OUR HOUSE YOU FAT, STUPID, LAZY B***H!” Jonathan screams.

“I-“she starts, but is interrupted by choking and banging on the wall. Sydd runs back and sees Jonathan slamming Shirley’s head on the wall. Seeing this throws Sydd into another rage. He heads directly for Jonathan and punches him in the face. He grabs him by the hair and slams his face against the wall repeatedly, and rubs his face in the blood on the wall. “Stop! Stop!” Shirley repeatedly screams. He grabs Jonathan by the throat and brings him to the ground and then he picks his head up by the hair and slams his head onto the floor repeatedly, even past unconsciousness. Sydd collapses to the floor as Shirley whacks and breaks in half a rolling pin off of Sydd’s head. He wakes up in a holding cell.

“F**k. Not again…” Sydd says.

Leon and Gabriella are rearranging the house, fitting Gabriella’s stuff in with Leon and Sydd’s. They finally reach the last box. “Damn, babe, I didn’t know you had this much stuff!” Leon says.

“Sorry, I guess I get a little carried away.” Gabriella says.

“No, no, it’s fine. This house could use some class.”

“Well then don’t complain then.”

“Ok, I’ll make dinner and you could just chill on the couch. I’ll bring it out to you.”

“I’m sure by the time it’s done I could get it myself. You’re only baking a frozen pizza.”

“Wow. I wanted to feel important for like, a millisecond.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it, just go and make dinner and while it’s cooking you can snuggle on the couch with me and watch TV.”

“All right.” He smiles. He puts the pizza in the oven and sits close to Gabriella. Twenty minutes later, Leon gets up and goes to the kitchen and takes out the pizza. After he places it on top of the stove, his scanner goes off about a breaking and entering followed by an assault. “No, no. I’m on vacation, I have a week left, I can wait.” He says to himself. He puts the food on plates and sits down next to Gabriella. He gets halfway through with his meal when his cell phone rings. “Hello? What, I’m on vacation. What did he do now? Ah, s**t. Yeah, I’ll be there.”

“What’s wrong?”

“My brother got arrested again.”

“Again?”

“Again. I tell ya, I thought he was doing so well, better than he was before, but I guess not.” Leon grabs his keys and heads out the door to his car. He drives down to the police station. “Alright, where is he?” Sydd is sitting in the lobby with handcuffs on in front of him and a cop standing watch. “What’s he been charged with this time?”

“Breaking and entering and assault.”

“What the hell is wrong with you? Don’t you ever learn anything?”

“Look, it wasn’t my fault…again…”

“Enlighten me.”

“I wasn’t breaking and entering, I was invited. Second, I uh, went into full rage again.”

“I thought you were taking your meds. Oh, wait, let me guess, you’re back on the spice.”

“No, I have been taking my meds, it’s just, I don’t know what came over me… he was beating her so ruthlessly, I wanted to break it up, but, I don’t know, I just kinda…snapped…. Didn’t help that I was drinking though…”

“And exactly how much did you have to drink?”

“A beer.”

“That’s it? That’s not nearly enough. Doesn’t matter though, you’re definitely going back to jail.”

“F**k.”




© 2018 Scorpious Alpha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2018


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing