mists of blood

mists of blood

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes
"

Shadow is a leader of a small group of immortals. War is coming but an important link has gone missing.can he find it and not get killed??

"

Chapter 1 

Mists of Blood 



In ancient books of the black ages it is said that a holy light will cast a war upon the land between the Credence and the Purists. Shadow always knew that he would be apart of this war, but he never thought it would affect him personally until he ran into the right person at the wrong time. 

 

Shadow turned off his Suzuki Haybusa 1400cc as the elevator went down into the under ground compound. It was early morning and he had just spent a good portion at the club down town and picked up a few females. Standing 6ft 9in tall with long midnight black hair that fell down his back, his green eyes that lured the other sex in to him Shadow was one cold hearted a*****e and he knew it. On most nights he wore tight leather pants with steel toe biker boots that laced half way up and a tight back muscle shirt that was covered by his trench coat.  Shadow very rarely wore any other color except for the red dragon necklace he wore around his neck and he was the tallest of all the warriors. Brom was second tallest, 6ft 8in, Nate was 6ft 6in.Hint of why Shadow had the name he had no one could ever see him coming in the dark, he was very good at keeping to the shadows of the night. No one knows where Shadow came from only that the Credence had found him in a cave hiding in the Shadow as a very young cub. He was feral for the first 15 years of life but as he became a man he was tamed a bit but there was always going to be a place in those eyes of his and his heart that would never tame and always yearn to be wild again.

It was very hard for the orphans of the Credence to fall in love, at a young age they are taught never to trust and always be on guard of your surroundings. For almost 300 years he had been alone and it killed him inside not to have a mate of his kind. He was the only one of his kind, the others had been killed off in a horrible bloody bath slaughter by the Kings men a long time ago.  His father had hidden him in another realm, the human realm after he heard that the King of the shifters had wanted Shadows head. Notsum was the village he was raised in and he loved it there. It was small but very beautiful to him. How he missed his home but he missed his father even more. He was sure  

Now it was time for his fellow friends and warriors to come home and hit the sack, they never worked in the day time unless it was for a good reason.  As he lifted the gate at the bottom of the compound and exited he heard his friends talking in one of the meeting rooms. It didn’t sound good and Brom had stepped out of the room to look at him shaking his head.

“It’s not good news boss. It has been all over the news that the Purists are plotting an attack on us but no info has come out letting us know where its going to be.”

“S**t. Alright ill call the Lords and see if they have any info on the sanctuaries and villages.” Shadow was fuming with anger, he knew already which place was going to be hit , it was a strong gut feeling he had. He flipped open his cell and called Mallory.

“Hey sexy beast what can I do for you this morning?” she asked in a sultry voice which made Shadow jump to command in his pants.

“Um nothing. I just got back from the club do you have any idea where those piece of s**t Purists might hit?” he asked as he took off his shirt and threw it off to the side of the bathroom. Every inch of his body was muscle, ripped abs of a god and long black semi curly hair laid against his bare back. He stripped his snug fitting jeans and they flew to the side, hitting the wall with a clink.

“Nothing in yet Shadow im sorry.” Mallory sounded upset, she  knew Shadow very well and knew that his home village on the map to be hit by the purists just no one knew when or how . “if we know any thing on this end I will call and let you know.”

“Thank you Mallory. You know you were always a good friend. Thank you.” Shadow admitted to her which for him was never in his nature but he knew she mourned for him and his past even though she was fully human and grew up with a rich family. She had married one of the men on the Credence order named Mitch and he was a high Vampire Lord.

Walking into his master bedroom he let a heavy sigh, he had been through too many wars with the Purists over the 400 years he had been alive. His body had the scars to prove how worthy he was or unworthy. Laying on the bed he threw off his shoes and his clothing. Getting under the covers and falling asleep he kept himself at the half way between sleep and awake in case something was to happen in the day time while the Warriors were asleep. It was the best time for the Purists to attack on a village or club.

The Purists are a religious people who would like nothing more than to see Shadow and his kind all but disappear from the face of the earth. The Sons were the rebel army that were religious in every way but stood by the Credence. The Purists were very extreme in their views, thinking that no one was better than they were. The Credence  was very old, dating back to the time of the lord and the lord showed mercy on them, sending them help of nuns and priests and they also set up orphanage houses for the children that had no family. Shadow was a little different, he was left to fend for himself but also back then there was slavery and he had been found by a man who owned a lot of slaves, adding Shadow to his collection of misfits.

Shadow had woken up the next night to Ravka knocking loudly on his door demanding he wake up, there had been bombings in some of the villages. Dressing as quick as he could he swung the door open and ran to the meeting room.

“Sir the others are just waking up, Master Nate has not slept at all and as soon as he heard that Notsum had been hit he had me wake you all and he headed to the village. Unfortunately it is not good news he reports from there. Many have been hurt, few killed and many can not be found.” Ravka was one of the best butlers Shadow could have asked for, had been with him and the family for many many years.

“Then I am off to find out what I can in Notsum have the others meet Nate and I there.” Shadow left for the armory room, loading himself with a sword, a few guns, and his all time favorite hunting bow that was made just for him from his 200th birthday.

As Shadow landed in Notsum from the teleport Nate was there to greet him with a report of the damage that had been done.  Screams came from loved ones hovering over the dead in the streets, kids and babies running around trying to find family members. The stench of blood filled the air and made Shadow cringe. He took the papers from Nate and began reading over them, looking at the names of the missing and the ones who had fallen. There were names of the missing and injured and on a separate paper the ones that had died in the bombings. “Thank you Nate, the others should be here shortly but in the mean time we need to get troops here and first aid.” Shadow commanded and Nate nodded and left with his phone out ready to call for help. The smell of flesh and blood was all around them and made Shadow sick to his stomach. This had been his home, along with Nate and Tiger. Going through the rubble and helping others get to safety he had come upon one of the Nuns that ran the orphanage.

“Sister Anne?” He asked not sure if it was her

“Yes? Oh my goodness is that you Shadow?” she had been crying over a dead little boy who was in the cross fire. “oh shadow its so good to have you hear. Are you here to help?” she asked

“Yes ma’am. How can I help? You tell me what is needed and im doing it.” He smiled at her and gave her a big hug. 

“One of the females is missing and if we don’t find her only bad things can happen if she is out there by herself.”

“Okay do you have a picture of her?” Shadow got a strong feeling she was in the human realm, which was going to be the death of her if she wasn’t careful.

“follow me.” Siter Anne said and he did; stepping over the broken posts of the houses that laid in the middle of the street they walked to the church that had taken a nasty beating by the bombing.

“any word from the Credence on helping us out here? I don’t see a lot of troops here yet.” Shadow was very angry that the Credence wouldn’t help out. Looking around the old church he noted that the statue of Saint Luke was still in the corner watching over everyone.

“No. No word from them yet.” Sister Anne sounded very displaced as she looked over the files on the desk that had stayed in place when the bombings happened. Shadow looked around the office down stairs, taking note of the surroundings. “Ah here we go.” She said and turned to him clutching the file to her breasts.

Shadow raised his eye brow, this must be a special girl to her, she only clutched a file close to her if it was about some one she cared about very much.  Or had a secret about them no one knew. “Sister?” silence filled the room and neither one of them moved until Shadow held his hand out for the file. “the file sister please.” Cocking his head a tiny bit making her give the file to him.

“before I give this to you, I want your understanding on something. Nothing about her is to be revealed and if you find her do not touch her for any reason. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?? SHADOW?” Sister Anne was very assertive about this, still holding the folder in her hand as shadow held the other end.

“You do not know me very well sister. I tell no one of my missions. Not even my brotherhood know what I do half the time. But you have my word sister no one will touch her and no one will ask questions. But I do have a few for you. How long has she been gone? How old is she and what is she?” Shadow now had the whole file and looked it over

“She has been gone for 5 years, Lilly has the looks of a 20 year old but she is a very old soul. No one except for myself knows her true self. It is why you do not ask questions and please if you can avoid it do not touch her. If you have to do so do it very quickly. I would say no more then 15 seconds. If you do not follow my orders Shadow and something happens to her, this world we live in will no longer exist.”

“Got it. Very dangerous. Do you know where she might be? Does she know how to fight? Or survive in the real human world?”

“yes she does. She is a ticking time bomb Shadow so please she has to be returned to us soon.”

Sister Anne encouraged Shadow out of the office and told him she would let the others know he had been called away. He thanked her and he left Notsum for his mission. How hard could it really be finding a ticking time bomb? Shadow returned to his house and got out of his clothes, showered and dressed in his lazy day clothes that consisted of blue jeans, a muscle shirt, and his steel toe boots. He took the file he had been given by sister Anne at the church to his office and flipped it open, not taking him more then 4 seconds to see the picture of Lilly he knew he had seen her before. Letting out a small growl he cursed himself for not taking her in to begin with when he had the chance. Slamming the file closed and having no more use for it shoved it in a drawer and left the office in search of his bike.

            Shadow knew the girl very well and she had made it a habbit of knowing him all too well for his liking. She was not his type of female but it never stopped her trying to make him take her home to lay. He had no use for her and she annoyed him very much but now he had to know why. Stopping at the club he got off his bike and headed up to the third floor where his office was. Not too many people were in here today but the staff.

“Yo Shadow shouldn’t you be underground?” one of the bartenders asked and Shadow ignored him stomping his way to the office. Upon his arrival to the office he heard some one on his phone inside so he stayed out in the hallway waiting to see who it was. No one that he had known was supposed to be in here during the day.  

“Brian what are you doing up here?” he asked as he stood in the door way with his arms crossed and Brian hung up the phone real quick.

“Sister Anne just phoned me to tell me you were on the way here. You should be underground, let us humans handle everything.” Brian acted real nervous and Shadow could smell his lies.

“Get out.” Shadow demanded and Brian left the room in a hurry. Shadow slammed the door behind him and stood there sniffing the air. He took a seat and got on his computer trying to find this girl Lilly. Why was it she had disappeared now? Was it something to do with the bombings? How was she tied into all of this? Or was she? Sister Anne knew more than she was letting on but Shadow couldn’t put his finger on what it was exactly. Hours were spent on the computer but nothing was coming up.

As night fell he could hear more and more people come into the night club and the music had started so he figured that he would go down and mingle with everyone to see if She would show up. He put on clubbing clothes and headed down. He told the bar tender to let the ladies drink free and he would cover the tab paying him extra at the end of the night. The guy didn’t argue and free drinks started to flow.

All night Shadow stayed at the balcony watching for her but Lilly never showed, he knew he would have to gather the men and have a meeting, something was not right with Lilly and she had to be found fast. Unlocking his phone Shadow called all of his brethren and told them to meet him at the club for an urgent meeting. He didn’t care what had to be done to find Lilly, and he had to find out why Sister Anne wanted her back so badly. The only thing Shadow knew about the girl is that she ran with a bad crowd that was involved with a lot of nasty drugs and and possibly weapons. From her file he had on his desk Lilly was a straight A student in school, got into a fight here and there but it was always in self defense. Then it seems three years ago she turned into a real nightmare at school and her personal life was a real bloody mess that swirled out of control and one night she disappeared never to be heard from again until Shadow had run into her at the club just about every night, until now he had no idea that she could possibly be gathering information for the other side.

“Yo Shadow what’s the problem?” Tiger asked as he pushed the door open to Shadow’s office and in filed Brom, Nate, Ripper with Ravka falling in behind them all in case Shadow needed him.

“Yeah where the hell have you been man? We have not seen you since we all came back from the bombings in Notsum.” Brom sat on the ledge of the window perking his eye brow waiting for Shadow to answer.

“Look guys I am not here to say I am sorry for doing my job. I was given something in Notsum and was told to find some one who has been missing for over three years.” Holding the file in his hand he lifted it to show his men. “in this file is a young female who has been missing from Notsum for a long time. Sister Anne needs me to find her. Her name is lilly and I think she has fallen into the wrong hands but not meaning to I think she has been brainwashed by our enemy.”

“Dude that’s bad news.” Ripper said folding his arms

“I need Nate on tech and looking up anything you can find out about her, Brom I know you like to do old fashion detective work and this is not about bombs or anything like that its about how we can get this girl out of harms way and back home to her family. Ripper I need you here at the club I need to go see Sister Anne and find out more information of this Lilly chick, something isn’t right here.” Shadow got up from his chair and dismissed everyone and when Ripper took his chair he left the club and headed out for a ride.

            Four days passed and Nate had finally found out some information on Lilly. One evening when they had all awoken from their day sleep Nate gave the file of information to shadow.

“you don’t want to know what I found Shadow but I think you need to know that whatever  Sister Anne told you is a lot of run around. For one thing Lilly is not some innocent little lost girl, oh no this chick has been running with a street gang called 69 rollers and what I know about them they use the orphaned girls as sex slaves, drug sellers, and most of all they have an underground club for all those sick minded fetishes and s**t.” Nate tried to hold in his upchuck from coming out, how could anyone go through that and like it?

“Man this just got a whole lot more complicated Bro.” Ripper came into the living room and handed some surveillance photos he had a P.I. take a few days ago to Shadow.

Lilly was near death in these pictures he was looking at, one showed her in an abandoned wear house tied up and very bloody. His heart tightened and he gritted his teeth.

“Where the hell are her parents? Why is Sister Anne so worried about her Shadow? It is one thing to get our kind back because there is so few of us, but this Lilly chick she looks like a normal kid.” Tiger blurted out

“Lilly is a very special girl to Sister Anne and she just wants her back where she belongs.” Shadow was hiding a big secret for the Sister but how soon would it come out? His brothers had to know just what was going on here

“yeah? Just how special Shadow? I think you are keeping something from us and we don’t like that.” Brom stepped up and growled, looking for a fight for sure

“Back off Brom you don’t know what you are talking about.” Shadow jumped from the couch and went for Brom but Ripper and Nate stepped up holding them back

“im not scared of you Shadow, I don’t give a s**t if I die by your hand or some one else. But if you are keeping something from us and it harms us in any way, it will be your funeral mother f****r.” Brom backed off and left the room.

“Fine! You want to know so bad why she is so important?” Shadow shouted and made Brom turn around

“Yeah we all want to know Shadow.”

“Sister Anne isn’t the only ones looking for her. The Pureists want her too and they will do whatever it takes to get their hands on her and kill her, why? Because she is the only one that can destroy both the shape shifters and the immortals and the human race.”

“What? Are you f*****g for real? No way are we helping any one get a ticking time bomb back. How is it even possible for something  like this to exsist? What is she exactly?” Nate asked afraid of the answer

“She is half fallen angel and goddess.” Shadow said

“you don’t mean like Lucifer fallen angel kind right? Please tell me that she is not part of him.” Nate asked fearfully

“wait I want to know who the goddess part of her is.” Tiger pipped up

“Sister Anne is her mother, the Goddess of life and she was seduced by Lucifer himself.” Shadow now knew this was a huge risk he was asking of his brothers and if he had to do this alone he would to save the lives of everyone.

Nate slumped into the big couch in such a shock that he looked frozen. The end of the world was in this one chick and one wrong move they would all be dead, but why did she have to be saved?

“I’m not going to ask you to go on helping me find her, I wont put you all at deaths door step, but I was asked to do something and even if it kills me and saves the world im going to go do it.”

“I think I speak for all of us on this one Shadow when I say we have your back and you will not be alone in this.” Nate said and the others nodded in agreement.

“thank you, it means a lot to me. I have some business to take care of so if you will excuse me and see what else you can find on her ill be back in a few hours.” Shadow left the room with the photos and headed to the garage so he could go do some recon work himself.  He had to see for himself what kind of trouble Lilli was in so he headed out and drove up an alley way then parked his car. Getting out he walked up to a huge factory that had been shut down for at least 15 years and he knew no one should even be in there. Jumping the gate he shifted into a small cat and found his way into the building  listening for any sounds he made his way up the stairs trying to see is the pure black of the night. 

A soft hum rang through the factory, female in sound Shadow knew it had to be Lilly. He walked slowly to her small room and sat in the door way watching her sway back and forth humming her own tune in candle light as she sat on the make shift bed on the floor. The darkness hid most of her body, only covered in a satin cloth you could not see any fault in her skinny boney body. Letting his self be known he was there he let out a small meow, walking into the room Lilli looked over at him and picked him up, she smelled bloody but he couldn’t see any on her.

“now where in the world did you come from? No one can get in or out of this place, not even I can.” She snuggled him gently and he purred, she ran her finger over his eye where there was a small scar. Her voice was soothing to Shadow he had never heard such a gentle soft speaking voice.

Jumping out of her arms shadow ran to the window and meowed.

“whats wrong kitty do you want out? I cant open these  windows im sorry and the door down stairs is locked from the out side. Jamie locks me up here when he’s done using me.”

He couldn’t be hearing this right, she was a slave. Nate was right and it sickened him how could it be the 21st century and there were still slaves? Shadow meowed again and jumped off as she started to cry. He jumped into her arms again and let her hold onto him as tear after tear fell.

“now then, what should we call you? Hmm how about midnight?” shadow growled in a low voice “ok how about blackie?” again he didn’t like that name and let her know it ten minutes later she smiled and held his face in her hands “I’ve got it. How about Shadow? Yeah you like that name don’t you? My mother once knew of a great man named Shadow. She called him “Criatura Hermosa” means beautiful creature. i have never seen this guy my mother speaks so highly of but maybe one day I will be able to meet him. A while back I tried to find him but the guy I thought might be him runs a night club down town and he was utterly rude.” She looked down at shadow the cat and smiled at him.

“I guess I have babbled on for quite some time now, im sure you are very bored with me. I wish I had some food to eat im so hungry.”

Shadow heard her stomach growl and she doubled over in slight pain and he meowed.

“im okay little shadow just hunger pains. Its been a week since I have eaten so it should be about time for Jamie to bring me my weekly meal.” The pain in Lilly’s face worried him, how bad off was she?

            After she had gotten dressed for bed she laid on the floor and shadow curled up next to her softly purring. 



© 2014 Misty Blue Eyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2014


Author

Misty Blue Eyes
Misty Blue Eyes

denver, CO



About
I have a book called Caged and im working on it every day maybe one day i can get it published Googleskins.net - Cool Google Skins I write likeAnnie RiceI Write Like by Mémoires, jou.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


2 2

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


3 3

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes