Throwing Up Twilight~ (from the Politically Incorrect Parenting 102 Series) =P

Throwing Up Twilight~ (from the Politically Incorrect Parenting 102 Series) =P

A Story by NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
"

~a reviewfrom someone with a very low stupidity threshold~

"

On a nightmare day in January, five of my 12 year old daughter's friends voted me the lucky mom to ferry them off to their pick of the movie of the month, which was, alas to be TWILIGHT. 

Up to that time I had mercifully been subjected to only a thousand Twilight references by the club of 12 year old chickadees drooling over the lead vampire, whatizname.

And so on that rainy January Saturday I bravely drove six girls possessed by the hormone fairy to the cinema.

Alas, two of the girls were at it before we hit Route 38, bitching about some boy in 7th grade and which one of them put dibs on him first.  The other four snickered, as wonderful friends are wont to do, anticipating hair pulling and biting to commence.

"Hey, cut it out back there." spoke I authoritatively, to which my 12 year old replied,

"Let them work it out, isn't that what you always tell me?  Conflict resolution skills have to be acquired, and so I quote."

I really don't like being around 12 year old girls.

Fifteen minutes later we made it to the cinema and upon entering the parking lot, the two girls suddenly forgot about the real boy and began to obsess over whatizname with the sharp teeth.

Since I had Fandangoed tickets, the journey through the lobby should have been simple, but alas, the candy counter beckoned and the processed butter to be lavished over plastic popcorn filled the air with nausea inducing aromas.

SO there I stood, holding six puffy winter coats, an assortment of scarves and hats and gloves, while the girls discussed the nutritional value of Raisinets and how many they could eat before putting on a pound. 

Meanwhile, this goth child who couldn't have been more than seventeen years old, with jet black hair over his eyes, and sporting a dog collar, was eyeing me up and down as if I were a piece of steak.  I shuffled my feet as he edged closer to the condiment stand where I tried to hide from a shrieking assortment of adolescent girls enveloping the inside of the cinema like the blob, but alas, it was some demented fate that brought this child face to face with me as he reached for straws.

"Wow, you're really pale, like you have no pigment or anything.  That's cool." the goth child uttered these words of observational wisdom, and just when I thought my nightmare of being hit on by a kid younger than my oldest daughter was over, he goes "You got a boyfriend?"

EYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, just eyu!

But then *insert the sound of savior horns here* my daughter thrust her face between myself and the kid and went , "Eyuuuu, you are so gross, that's my mom and she's 43, eyuuuuuuu."  while all her friends made gagging noises.

The boy with the eyeliner and doggie collar kind of sort of blanched even whiter than the makeup he wore and slunk off, beaten by 12 year old sass.

Gee, I felt wonderful.

"I can't leave you alone for a minute can I?" daughter frowned as she thrust a popcorn and a soda at me.

"That was gross." said one of her friends.

"They do it all the time.  Until I tell them she's not as young as she looks."

Ahhhh, reproduction is such a crapshoot.

And then, overburdened with winter wear, buttery popcorn and soda, off we waltzed into the depths of the theater filled with at least a hundred giggling girls and a handful of parents on Xanax.

Of the movie, the best parts were the 15 minutes of trailers and commercials before the regurgitative movie began.

I sat mesmerized by the inanity of the flick as the girls around me swooned and commented on every freaking detail of whatziname's physical appearance.

And, mesmerized in an acid reflux kind of way, I ate stale popcorn drenched in fake butter and drank down a large coke before I knew what had happened.

The rest of the time I spent trying not to regurgitate the popcorn as I watched one of the stupidest movies I've ever been subjected to since reproducing and being hauled off to inane cinematic nightmares against my will by rambunctious evil children.

"What's the matter?" my daughter asked as she took a momentary break from gushing over whatizname made of diamonds or whatever as he was getting busy biting Bella after the bad vampires really  made a mess of things and like broke everything, including her.

"I think I'm going to vomit up my small intestine."

She looked at me and shook her head, "You are so dramatic.  Why you complaining?  You got the old vampire dad to drool over."

"Excuse me." I said and tumbled out of the theater to hide in the toilet for the following ten minutes.

 

When I returned to hell, the credits were rolling and I suddenly felt the dark miasma of preteen hormones lifting.

And the girls chattered and chattered all the way home and the two girls fighting over the boy resumed their fighting, and my daughter insisted we stop at Target for the third Twilight installment, and then the day was over, and I made it (with these girls who do not know the benefits of shutting up for a moment) without having to be institutionalized.

And there in a nutshell is my review.

I take offence at the supposition that vampires are made of diamonds and look like whatizname.

And as a post note to this whole Twilight craziness, as my daughter was devouring the third or fourth book in the series, she came running into the kitchen one day where I was preparing my vegan lasagna and goes, "BELLA'S PREGNANT!"

WTF?! =o

"And how pray tell could she possibly get knocked up by something that is technically dead and should not be able to produce body fluids, LET ALONE SPERM!?"

"Eyuuu." said the kid instead of having a intellectual discussion, "You're so gross." and then she looked upon my vegan fare which she used to love and said, "Can you make me steak instead?"

I hate Twilight, give me good old NOSFERATU with the long face and creepy body any day over this fluff.  Give me Frank Langella and Brad Pitt and Bela Lugosi and Udo Kier ANY freaking day over these new century vampires.

To sum it all up at a 12 year old level of intelligence; GROSS.

 

AND still they actually tried to con me into seeing 17AGAIN last week.  I passed and gave the mother who took them my Valium, whispering, "You'll need these, serious."

 

 

copyright:2010vssmd/pa inc.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

 

 

 

excerpt from

© 2010 NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole


Author's Note

NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
~this nightmare occured when the *gag* movie first came out two years ago~needless to say~ NEVER went there again~ =P *ack*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

for some reason i, the dad...not the freakin mother, got dragged to the HELLfest the last 3 times...i swear to gad i'm gonna have an anuerysm before this Breakin Dawn things happens. the way i summed up the toilight series was this:

twitlight: oh, edward, oh edward!
new moon: f-u bella!
oh jake, oh jake, oh...s**t you're a wolf?
eclipse: sorry, bella i'm a jerk
oh, edward oh, edward
hey, waht about me?
oh jake, oh jake you're so warm jake
what about me with the spray painted abs?
oh edward oh edward....
you b***h, i oughta wolf out and eat the both of you....
(annoying thing about this movie? my daughter kept correcting me by saying, "dad, it's eh-clipse not ee-clipse...and her friends kept saying, you're dad looks like jacob black...sigh)



Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow, funny story. although i can't really say anyhing because i actually like Twilight (the books WAY better than the movies) but it is overrated.

BIG TIME!!! =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hilarious. You as a mom to generic activities is already absurdist horrorshow.

http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/the_taboo_against_the_supe.html is the link for the most profound essay on the meaning of the vampire ever written, by Scorpio Adept Adi Da.

Re cinema, indeed, Nosferatu, the original, and the remake w/Isabella Adjani and Klaus Kinski. Hell, I even played Dracula, albeit for children's theater. ;-) Ol' Lugosi was bent; used to sleep in a coffin, thought he was his most famous character.

O, and two of the coolest vampire movies ever made were two black and white art flix that came out in '94: The Addiction, w/Lili Taylor and Christopher and the deliciously poetic Nadja, w/Elina Lowensohn, Galaxy Craze, Peter Fonda.

A toast to great vampire renditions and deeper meanings! And it's a damn shame the deep word "Twilight" is used for glossy fatuous vampires.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wait, that's crazy. I mean totally crazy. You're 45???!!! You don't look a day over 17 goth! ridl. I read the books because I read everything before I let my daughter read them. OMG if the bella bouncing ball hippocrit could ever look past her pail of teenage angst (that's about as deep as the outhouse bucket if you know what I mean) and think about what she says... I want you to make me a vampire for eternity but I'm not sure about marraige because of the committment...
Really???
My 12 year old daughter (at that time) pointed out that character flaw. (in between drooling over edward and jake... mainly jake. Actually the best book in that series was The Short Second Life Of Bree, It had no edward or bella (well only 2 seconds) and was actually written halfway decently (half full, half empty, whatever!)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jae
oh goodness me. I couldnt stop laughing at your traumatic ordeal. You poor soul. I think I would have just let the children suffer. Let some other mother tote them around.

And as a post note to this whole Twilight craziness, as my daughter was devouring the third or fourth book in the series, she came running into the kitchen one day where I was preparing my vegan lasagna and goes, "BELLA'S PREGNANT!"

WTF?! =o

"And how pray tell could she possibly get knocked up by something that is technically dead and should not be able to produce body fluids, LET ALONE SPERM!?"

yeah, i totally squeaked as i was laughing when i read this part.

I love all of this and i look forward to reading another one!!!

~Rem

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The mere thought of sparkly vampires make me snarl in outrage... and here I thought Anne Rice vampires were girly men. See the movie "let Me In"... best vampire movie in a long time. Or see the original movie "Let the Right One In", which is a Swedish film. Available on Netflix or elsewhere. Either one is outstanding, but I actually preferred the remake, which should be out on video soon...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A mother of a time?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hahaha! Trust me, the book is worse - I can't respect anyone who confused motes, as in dust motes, with moats, as in surrounding castles. Really? Is Forks that damp there is enough water floating through the air to keep several crocodiles in? (If I am to go by animation standards that is.) No wonder Bella is so down all the time - she live in Atlantis. On the other hand, how the hell did that sentence make it into print? It's not exactly a minor typo, it's an entirely different and illogical meaning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL! I must say that I loved the Twilight series of books. They were fantastically written. I saw the first movie and that was one too many for me! The written word is so much more powerful.

This is the first that I've read of your Politically Incorrect Parenting Series. I hope to read more.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay, read the books... sucked after the first one... saw the first movie (didn't have a choice) NOT EVER SEEING ANOTHER ONE!!!

however, I have to admit one thing.... I'm definitely team Jacob... heehee

I think the only book by Meyers that I read and thought was worth reading was HOST... and that's because the concept behind it is one I keep close to my heart...

great review...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lol !!! maybe next time ask for a recount ~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010
Tags: twilight, vomit, hurl, gag, reflux, vampires, cinematic excrement, projectile upchuck, review

Author

NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole

AsIf, Trippy Cottontail, Japan



About
VictoriaSelene Skye Deme Author of. . . . ~CrowWoman & MudGirl~ ~Eve's Rib~Jezebel's Hips~ ~The Raspberry Girl~ ~Girls With red Hair On Cherry Cadillacs With Bushido Swords~ ~From The Gutte.. more..

Writing