Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Blackrose
"

Geesh, warning this is mildly old, so if there's things I need to fix, jsut say so... :P but yes, you are supposed to be confused during this.

"

You promised me…”

“…………………”

You promised me you’d never forget…”

“…………………………”

Did… Did you lose it then?”

“……… I… Can’t remember…”

No… No you wouldn’t…”

“………”

But it’s for the best…?”

“… Yes… For the best”

Marrow…”

“……?”

Marrow I…”

“…………”

Marrow I loved you… I always did…”

I closed my eyes to stop the wind from blinding them. Reaching up I touched my finger to my eyelid, but felt no tears. When was the last time I had cried over that dream? I couldn’t remember, all I could seem to think was that it had been such a very long time. But now those voices were shaky in my head and my memory blurred, as if all the tears I had shed for them had distorted their presence, changing them to something almost unrecognizable, something that had lost all sadness and regret and had been replaced by a pure cold nothingness that slowly ate at that part of my soul. But why should I care? I could no longer feel it. Plus, wasn’t anything better than that overwhelming sadness that I had once felt, wasn’t anything better than pain? Truthfully, I don’t know if I really did believe that, then or any other time of my life. But what else was I to believe? At least that memory gave me a shred of hope for future and allowed me to forget the past.

In fact, it would be long after that day on the seashore before I realized the complete terror of my words, and far longer than that before something but sadness and emptiness were to occupy my thoughts. For nothing can be gained by merely forgetting and running away. In order to truly find happiness troubles must be overcome, they must be overcome and defeated. Running away would only lead to nothingness, and nothingness to death.

But then again… How was I to know that then? After all, that’s the way the world works.



© 2009 Blackrose


Author's Note

Blackrose
HELP ME!!! I have no idea where this is going, I made this a good year and a half ago and have no idea what to do :P but yes, R&R please!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you should leave out the first part, all the speech till further down and develop the dream scene better. It does fit, because its a dream but even an 'action' bfore you start the speech would open the intro better, like walking towards him/her, taking a deep breath I... stuff like that and then continue the speech. the rest is fine, but it is short. Could you add a little more reminiscense to the end? If you can.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2009


Author

Blackrose
Blackrose

Mannheim, Germany



About
so yeah... nothing really to say here :P Im basically a writer and an artist-sadly for you guys, more of an artist, but I try with the writing part, and I like to think that every now and then I .. more..

Writing