God Never Fails

God Never Fails

A Chapter by Settummanque, the blackeagke (Mike Walton)

God Never Fails

 

She watched the bag lady wrestle the rusty cart filled with all her worldly good down the cracked and buckled sidewalk, and said, "You know what they say about angels being all around??”

 

 “No.” I replied, slurping on my cola drink. Barbara and I were sitting outside the eatery, our food spread out on the table in front of us as if it was a gourmet for royalty.

 

Ma’m!” Barbara yelled. “Would you care for some fries and a burger?”

 

Barbara! Don’t encourage her!!” I touched Barbie’s arm as she yelled out.

 

You’re not eating it. You said yourself you weren’t hungry �" just wanted some coffee! Don’t let it go to waste!”

 

She was right. I only ordered it because I was so used to doing so. I was programmed to order food anytime I walked up to a counter.

 

You sure?” the woman asked. She parked her cart next to the table and sat down. I nodded and pushed the burger and fries her way. She sat down at the table and lowered her head. Barbara and I looked at each other, then at her, and silently waited for her to finish. She then looked at the two of us and said, “Thank you. God will bless you for this little bit of food, I know he will.”

 

You’re welcome, Ma’m,” Barbara responded. I nodded again. She quickly ate the food, and Barbara nudged me into going to get her a cola drink. I returned to witness the woman touching my sweetheart’s hand and telling her, “You will have a child. A girl. The girl he’s been wanting.”

 

I laughed out loud at the woman. Barbara’s baby making days were well behind her, and physically it was impossible for her to bear a child.

 

Don’t laugh. Kailey. That is the name you’ve been praying for, is that right?” The smile leapt from my face.

 

How did you know that?”

 

God told me. I have to go. Thank you for the food and the drink” she responded, taking the cold drink from my hand and applying the straw to her lips.

 

 “You two just keep working. And praying. And working out your conflicts. I know that God will bless you both with her. God,” she said as she moved her cart down the street, “God never fails.” 


© 2018 Settummanque, the blackeagke (Mike Walton)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

34 Views
Added on July 20, 2018
Last Updated on July 20, 2018