The Father

The Father

A Chapter by Saddam Abu Ghaida

   There was a kid who was born and raised among contradicted family, the Father was well educated, had a charismatic personality, passionate, self-motivated, and sympathetic. Life treated him so hard until he got used to be senseless when it comes to right and wrong, his sense of righteousness always played a major part in his decisions, for him being senseless and somehow tuff never affected the characteristics of his personality, nor his optimism toward the unknown future. The mother is much younger than him from age, intellectual, emotional maturity, and educational point of view. She was new to the country, and almost know nothing about that country's nature and its residents habits and traditions, for her it was like she was in heaven and she descended to hell without prior notice. it was a whole new experience for her; leaving her country and live in a different one, being with a man at night other than her brother to chat with. She was fascinated by her beauty, thinking that she can get what she wants because of her beauty.

 

The Father:

 

He used to spend his life in reading history, politics, anthology, geography, autobiographies religions. He was a walking encyclopedia which comes naturally when you have the capability to read and memorize what you read. He used to read when he wakes up in the morning for 1 hour or 2 while sipping his morning coffee and smoking his cigarette with passion. You can feel how much he enjoys the cigarette from the sound of inhaling and exhaling. he used to fall in love with the cigarette every time he hold ones between his fingers, the type of love that consumes the beloved. After he finishes the book or novel he was reading, he start reading the newspaper and if he didn't have one he will switch on the small TV which is located at the very end of the living room somewhere in a shadowy corner, he keeps doing it until launch time, after that he take his launch knowing that he had specific taste for whatever inters his mouth, so if he didn't like the taste he is more than willing to make and enjoy a fight because of this. For him everything should be over perfect, he is a perfectionist in a sense that perfection has no meaning anymore, because it will not be able to express his idea about the concept. after taking his launch he sleeps for 1 hour exactly not a single minute more or less, wakeup, wash his face shave his thick and fast growing beard, dress up and go to work at 1:00 PM. He is pretty dedicated in his work out of being perfectionist. After finishes his work he comes back at 6:00 PM undress losing up a little bit, and start watching the news, iterating from one channel to another, watches the same news over and over again from different channel in order to be able to grasp the tiny truth out of it.  at 8:00 sharp he goes to his own kingdom "The Veranda" bring cheap Whisky brand bottle which he got used to it, he sets on his plastic throne enjoying the romantic lit garden underneath, and start pouring it in the glass mixing it with 1/3 of cold water, put the maze plate which he likes it to look appealing to his eyes so some dressing should be made, contents of this plate should be divert with vegetables, and different types of cheese. He starts sipping his own mix of whisky and enjoys the look and the taste of meze. He never liked to drink on an empty stomach because he believes it is bad for the stomach and lever, above all meze gives a different taste with alcoholic products. The Father didn't like to drink alone so he likes the company while he is drinking because the whole day he didn't speak more than a couple of words and during drinking time could be the perfect time for talking, because he feels more focused and concentrated on the subjects that he would like to talk about, so he always set with the Mother even if she didn't like to set with him while he is drinking, but she had no option and after sometime she got used to it. on daily bases there is new upcoming subject to talk about, from politics to religion, from history, to geography, and if he had a bad day in work or something else he speaks about it.  the Father was so truthful to a limit that he never lied to the mother or to the child, he used always to speak his mind thinking about the others they should understand without being offended like mocking or joking on the Mother relatives or her reactions toward thing and how bad she is doing in raising the child. He was never satisfied no matter what you do and how hard you try to satisfy him. After drinking his limit he goes to kitchen to eat something lite on his stomach and sleep, assuming everybody should sleep after him at 10:00 PM but sometimes he extends it to 11:00 PM.

 

       The Father didn't show that much participation in raising his children or toward his family, everything were being put on the mother shoulder "cooking, shopping raising the children, taking them to doctors, paying bills, writing every penny she spent to him in order to check the daily budget ". To be truthful he was responsible for making money and doing monthly and daily budgets, fixing the car if anything happened to it or if it needed some maintenance, not because him being lazy and like to relax and let somebody else do his work, but because he thought that those are not included in his responsibilities list, and when he got married he enforced his understanding about how the split of responsibilities should look like, and he never changed it afterwards.

 

      The Father was a gentleman in every sense and he liked gentlemen also, he had no friends he doesn't trust anybody but the Mother. He never went on a vacation alone or with the family. He doesn't like noises or being annoyed by whispers. He had a sharp view inside people’s personalities, and he rarely got mistaken, he knows people more than they know themselves, and this instinct came and evolved to be able to protect himself from his surroundings. He had his own understanding or interpretations of religious scrolls, which doesn't fit with people understanding, but he didn't care less how people perceives his character, personality or ideas. When he talks he is very organized and knows how to lead you to his conclusions or findings by playing social engineering games and phrasing logical sentences, add to that his diverse knowledge. Even if you didn't agree with him you will respect him for that talent.

 



© 2012 Saddam Abu Ghaida


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is only a draft, which i will update later on when the story takes a shape.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: Culture, Free will, Freedom, Philosophy, society, Love, Emotions


Author

Saddam Abu Ghaida
Saddam Abu Ghaida

Athens, Atikka, Greece



About
the end of agony and suffering the end of nightmares no more nauseating pain no more endless stairs our souls went on slumber where time stopped where flowers started blossoming filth and gore l.. more..

Writing