Joy Of Pregnancy

Joy Of Pregnancy

A Poem by Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)





Not until now knew how gifted was I,

As the satin ripples with a gentle flick,
And the river in reciprocal to the breeze,
Butterflies kisses so humble and soft,
As the pearls move on a marble smooth,
So were the kicks, and somersault sweet,
Of a blessed child within my tummy beat,
The moment of joy and pride I take,
To myself I smile as I feel the bond,
Not until now knew how gifted was I,
Until I felt the kicking of my child!

© 2013 Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is so beautiful, each and every word but those last two lines are tear.jerkingly wonderful: ' Not until now knew how gifted was I, ~ Until I felt the kicking of my child!.. ' That must be the most precious happening, magical reality, knowing that inside you is a new life waiting for your love and of course, your husband's. I can only guess there are few moments better and more memorable than that first kick or two..

Be happy, dear friend; take care of yourself until that fantastic day and ever after your baby's birth! And please, please let your friends know when and who ..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

Thank so much dear one for the loving words of encouragement and the kind review. My baby is due on .. read more
So beautiful and lifting! Oh, the absolute joys of a sweet, precious life living inside you.. growing stronger... soon to be in your arms... I loved this celebration of these dear moments...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and hearty wishes :)
I love it!....
I remember all three of my pregnancies well, the moment movement is felt, even the slightest flutter brought about a sense of serenity. To always feel that part of you coming to life, really attached to your Body and Soul, knowing you could Love no one more than the little one tucked away within the protection of your body. You are one with your child even as they make their debut into the world, even as they grow and they are their own little person.... The connection is strong, Always. Communication becomes as swift as eye contact and the miracle is always present. Proof that miracles exist lies with each being produced by the mother whom God had chosen to bring Life into the world.
Much love and light to you sweetie.
May you have a healthy, smooth pregnancy and delivery of a wonderful healthy miracle that is your own child, your personal blessing, a piece of you....May God Bless You Both:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

Oh thank you so much for your love and wishes :)
Priscilla Sayers

10 Years Ago

My pleasure sweet one.
A touching poem, this should be shared worldwide. Congratulation! Wishing you a healthy and safe pregnancy and all the best with your expected new arrival!

For me, some mothers felt so useless (not contributing to the society by working) when they are pregnant but in truth, they are doing something even the greatest man can't do, is to carry man's greatest hope and achievements and bring it into our world. While mothers are busy doing that, men are busy protecting and preparing along with the mother to give love to the child inside.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review and for the hearty wishes :)
A beautiful poem. Years ago I saw a woman at the coffee shop. She was with baby and so beautiful. I wrote a poem for her and I gave her the poem. Her husband wanted to pay for the poem. I told him to see a woman with child shining so bright is all the gift I needed. Artwork and words are true. A wise person can see the glow of joy and life in a beautiful woman. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review, yes the glow and joy of womanhood during her pregnancy is tremendous.. read more
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

My daughter is with child. I will be a Grandpa for the third time.
Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

10 Years Ago

That's awesome!! My heart wishes to her and of course to you too, for the joyous bonding with your g.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

652 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013

Author

Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

Irving, TX



About
To walk along the shore, leaving behind the footprints for the sea waves to tickle, the cool water washing your legs as you walk by, gentle breeze whiffing your cheek and mildly wavering .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee