Spring Break

Spring Break

A Chapter by Shea McWilliams

Dear Hannah,

You know what they say about life. It sucks.

That is, it did. But that was before Sunday. Now, I'm not so sure they're right. Because now I have him and I feel like everything's more right.

It all started because of Sarah. 

After that Thursday, so about 4 days ago now, I couldn't get those eyes out of my mind. Heck, I still can't. But now it's spring break so I have about a week before I see him again, if ever.

Anyways, yesterday was what I've now dubbed "the Sunday that changed everything". I was texting Sarah while she was out looking at colleges and there was a lull in our conversation. SO I sent the following message:

"That Gabe kid was kind of cute."

As I didn't remember his name, that's exactly how I started the change in conversation. Her response surprised me a bit.

"Yeah I suppose so. I'm pretty sure he sees me as a gay best friend more though."

Then,

"You want his number?"

I stared at my phone in shock at her directness. I'd barely met the guy three days ago, and I was certain he didn't even remember me.

"Sarah, I just met him a few days ago. That's kind of weird."

"Well, I'll just tell him that I gave you his number"

"What ever. Still weird."

"He said he didn't care. Here you go"

Attached was his number.

It was entirely my choice whether or not I save his number. Or text him. But I already knew my choice.

Two hours later, I sat on my bed, my finger hovering over the send button as I reread the drafted message for the hundredth time. Finally, I pressed down and sealed my fate. 

No take backs.

"Hey, it's Shea. Sarah said she talked to you about giving me your number but I don't know if she actually did."

I groaned as I read it again. I mean, it sounded idiotic and awkward. Way to make a first impression. Yet still my heart pounded as I heard my phone vibrate next to me. Slowly, I reached for it and slid it open.

"Hey. Yeah she did, you're good."

It was a simple reply, but still I grinned widely at the fact that he had replied. From then on, I was immensely confident and straightforward.

"I don't suppose she told you why she gave me your number."

"No, care to explain?"

"I told her I thought you were cute."

Yes, I sent that Hannah.  Do I regret it? Not at all. I've made this my reputation now. Confident, straightforward; it seems to work for me.

"Oh. Well I think you're cute too. I just thought you had a boyfriend."

Insert laughter here. Me, taken. That's a good joke.

I nearly swooned at the first half of that message. I give you full permission to awe or squeal with glee. 

That's all that was significant about yesterday for me. We texted for a few hours but the previously mentioned messages were the most important for me to share. He did text me goodnight though. And this morning, he texted me good morning.

Yes, I did fangirl. Don't judge me.

I think I'm going crazy.



© 2016 Shea McWilliams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016


Author

Shea McWilliams
Shea McWilliams

Glendale, AZ



About
Hello, I'm Shea. I've been deactivated because with school, I just couldn't keep track of all this. But I'm back and I'm gonna try to stick around this time :) Thanks for your guys' support! -Shea more..

Writing