Eight Steps Back

Eight Steps Back

A Poem by sheila.j

Life is about moving forward, so lets do the math 2 steps forward and 10 steps back

you want to backtrack through life huh? got your pessismistic views and one way thoughts.

Where's this getting you? Oh, you like the way it is? Bullshit.

Don't give me that "Well, you shouldnt go where you think the grass is greener," s**t

It's black now, tell me how that feels. "You don't know til you try," Think about that.

Okay, so now you want to blame this on everyone else? "I was raised in this envirement,"

Give me a break fighting is not a comfort zone. "I'm being manipulated," No. You can't think for yourself.

How's it going to sound when you tell people "He made me...she made me..."

Oh and don't let me forget the whole "It's my life, I make the choices," bit.

Did you forget that everything you do directly affects me. Can I have some empathy?

All I have for you is sympathy with a bit of anger, a dash of frustration, and a hint of sadness.

I'm fourteen and I know where I want to be and exactly how to get there.

I think it's safe to say you're the one who's got some learning to do.

Study up and let me know..how those 8 steps back go for show?

 

© 2012 sheila.j


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree it is very powerful

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This is so powerful that I can feel the raw emotion through your words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


sheila.j

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

Author

sheila.j
sheila.j

Boulder, CO



About
Just a demented, poetic astrophysicist in the making. more..

Writing
Cosmos Cosmos

A Poem by sheila.j


Together Together

A Poem by sheila.j


I miss you I miss you

A Poem by sheila.j